Which color did you choose and why?

WingZ said:
Blue/Blue rules! but don't buy that combo as I want them rare:biggrin:

LOL... they are not making any more man, relax! your rarity is insured! :smile:

nsx1 said:
So you think that because this post is asking for a personal opinion, it's ridiculous? :confused:

As far as yellow being the fastest color, that is debatable.... http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/DidYouKnow.htm
Well then my custom yellow colour(without metallic) is the fastest colour !!!
I knew it felt faster when looking at it,LOL !!!
Now I have to up-date the list of mods,Light weight paint !

Stacy

I chose the car, not the color. But I didn't want a color that screamed "ticket me," since I already had a car like that. When I came across a Midnight Pearl, I knew it was the best color! Why?

First, contrary to what others have erroneously posted here, it is the fastest color. Second, while not the rarest, it is a very rare NSX color (88 sold in the US). Third, and most important, it is a true chameleon color. In bright sun it is clearly purple, but not too loud. In filtered light, it has a royal blue appearance. At night it looks dark blue, almost black. No other NSX color has these attributes... but they're all beautiful, and I'd be happy to own any color! :biggrin:

I had a Red 93...sold it and and bought a 2002 Blue/Blue.

Personally... I like the red and LOVE the blue. Additionally...the blue/blue is a fairly rare color combo, stay fairly clean and looks absolutely incredible when it is clean and in the sun.

GrandPrixWhite.

Reason-favorite color, owned 5 different white cars prior, color is a personal thing.

The faq is outdated, thanks to Ben's data able to add up the #s and bring the production#s up to date:

The total GPW available in America:
02~05: is 24 (all targa)

99~01: 32 (31 Targa, 1 of which is a coupe:eek:)

91~98: 444 total, 77 out of 444 are targa, ZERO na2 GPW coupe from 97~98

WingZ said:
lol, don't worry, there are only 82 02+ Long Beach Blue Pearl. You should say don't repaint the common color cars to LBBP.

Last edited:
Midnight Pearl. The pearl effect is great with this color,
it has glints of red iridescence at some angles.

Pics often don't do justice to it, everyone likes it
if they see it in person (well, almost everyone).

And...! it's dark enough to have all the disadvantages that black has. :wink:

Todd McKelvie said:
I had a Red 93...sold it and and bought a 2002 Blue/Blue.

Personally... I like the red and LOVE the blue. Additionally...the blue/blue is a fairly rare color combo, stay fairly clean and looks absolutely incredible when it is clean and in the sun.
Would this be the Long Beach Blue? I am also seriously thinking about this color.

Long Beach Blue.....nuff said :wink: Seriously, the NSX is one of those cars that can pull off any color.

If I had a coupe, I would choose black. I personally do not like the 2 tone color. If it was a NSX-T, it would be red (my personal preference, but anything but black). If I had an '02+ NSX, silver, because it blends in better with the silver fixed headlights.

Again, this is my personal preference...

RyRy210 said:
If I had a coupe, I would choose black. I personally do not like the 2 tone color. If it was a NSX-T, it would be red (my personal preference, but anything but black). If I had an '02+ NSX, silver, because it blends in better with the silver fixed headlights.

Again, this is my personal preference...

What about red coupes with red tops like the Zanardi? :wink:

For me

It is a tossup between white and yellow

These are my favorite combos
White/Tan
Yellow/Tan
Yellow/Yellow 02+

attachment.php

attachment.php

9406IMG_7753.JPG

Last edited:
No car's shape reminds me more of a fighter jet's than an NSX and

FIGHTER JETS ARE SILVER!!!
:biggrin:

Any questions? :biggrin:

64291_top_sm.jpg

64297_frt_sm.jpg

nsxsupra said:
lol, don't worry, there are only 82 02+ Long Beach Blue Pearl. You should say don't repaint the common color cars to LBBP.

What he said:wink:

TURBO2GO said:
LOL... they are not making any more man, relax! your rarity is insured! :smile:

Yeah ,but threads like these get guys started saying I want the "Blue":wink:

Seriously though I get guys in F360's and Gallardo's snapping their necks when I go by. I went to a Ferrari get together and my car got more attention than the F430 that was there. Honda did a super job with the LBBP so nobody else buy it..LoL

Last edited:
I went with yellow because Im just not ready to give up yet.

Ive got plenty of fight left in me. Thus, yellow it is! :)

Plus its a unique car, why not a unique color. My S2000 was also SPA.

But Black and Silver have grown on me lately. Id not think twice about either of those if I was looking for a new NSX today.

One thing that I love about Yellow is that stays relatively clean compared to other colors.

side%20small.JPG

WingZ said:

As one of the newer model colors, blue is a stunning color :smile: . However, can't help but think of a Smurf (no pun intended) when I see a blue interior NSX

It does make them rare :wink: and it rules!!.....

After black :biggrin:

WingZ said:
Honda did a super job with the LBBP
I agree, LBBP rocks. The only other OEM blue I've seen that comes
close to that look was a color that Toyota had for the MR2 ("electric blue").
I'd love to see one of those side by side with LBBP to compare, although
an electric blue MR2 that's not faded might even be more rare now
than an LBBP NSX. It must not have been a popular color, Toyota offered
it in the MR2's first model year in the USA (1985) and never again.
All the car colors I've liked the best were not popular with the masses.

TURBO2GO said:
No car's shape reminds me more of a fighter jet's than an NSX and

FIGHTER JETS ARE SILVER!!!
:biggrin:

I think the NSX looks good in all OEM colors. Rather than prioritising what color I wanted, I decided what color I couldn't live with, which for me was red (sorry to the red fans).

After that it was a case of finding the one with the right history/condition. Luckily for me it was one of my favourite colours, Magnum Grey Pearl. Almost as hard to keep as Black.

As for the jet fighter bit ........ :wink:

regards

Last edited:
Back