Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Not sure what you mean? Porsche limited production models (CGT, 918, GT3 RS) all command over MSRP and hold their value quite well. Besides the CGT and 918 they are really not considered exotics by most people....

you mean "most people AKA anyone from California" lol. If you see any porsche here that is Turbo/ GT / on the higher end, you will break necks.

911 turbo gets over 200k and sells fairly easy.

Is a NSX an exotic?

All good questions and only each individual owner can answer those things. Does the price tag justify being an exotic or does innovating tech qualify? These are all things that can be debated for years like religion and sex.

a) Is Porsche an exotic car because it's performance is better than some exotics, or price tag, or racing heritage?

b) Is NSX an exotic car for it's tech? But it lacks the billionaire doors so maybe not? :)

A Chiron also lacks the Lambo style doors and that is more of a billionaire ride.

The new NSX has generally been recognized as a exotic.

Interestingly enough, I think part of the perception that some have of the NSX is due to Acura's failure to be recognized as a top tier luxury brand. I think that's still an underlying struggle. It's hard... Mercedes failed with Maybach but VW seems to be doing fine with Audi. I'd say Toyota is somewhere in between with Lexus.

Interestingly enough, I think part of the perception that some have of the NSX is due to Acura's failure to be recognized as a top tier luxury brand. I think that's still an underlying struggle. It's hard... Mercedes failed with Maybach but VW seems to be doing fine with Audi. I'd say Toyota is somewhere in between with Lexus.

The NSX has proven lineage. But they took a long time re-enter the market. They could of done better marketing the car as well. I had a friend see my car and he was like what is that. He is a Porsche guy, but funny that he had no clue the NSX was back.

This leads to the main issue. The problem was too much supply. Anytime you have too much supply you end up with these issues. Doesn’t matter what market you are in.

As we have witnessed in the last 30-45 days, Pricing :eek: was and is the Main issue...JM2C...I could be wrong :smile:

News to me that folks don't consider the new NSX an exotic. I would, and I'd also put the 1G NSX in that bucket.

Last edited:
So what you are saying, had no incentive been introduced Acura would have still sold damn near 70 units after floundering for the last 6 months... LMAO

So what you are saying, had no incentive been introduced Acura would have still sold damn near 70 units after floundering for the last 6 months... LMAO

Haha. Floundering. Was last month the highest sales month for the new NSX? Oh sorry no it wasn’t. April they sold 91 units. Weird no incentives existed then. Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you “LMAO”. If you discount the price on anything it will bring in another class of buyers. Again I’ll keep saying it over and over again maybe someday you will understand. Supply and Demand. Too much supply forced them to do drastic measures to move the left over cars. There were left over cars because they forced extra cars on all the dealers.

If you are a retailer that I supply widgets to and you say you have preorders for 10 widgets and I make you take 30 widgets. If you get the 10 you expected sold, then the other 20 sit around. What do you do? You put them on sale. You need to do something to move those items. Why do you think outlets exist? Are outlet shoppers a brands main audience?

Last edited:
The huge discounts sold me. Of course I’m a value shopper. When your the first you pay top dollar for anything, if you wait then prices come down. When 570 came out it was msrp. Within 6 months they were discounting and today you can get 40k off on 570 coupe, but not on spyder.

Fyi nsx is probably just as good , so close.

Haha. Floundering. Was last month the highest sales month for the new NSX? Oh sorry no it wasn’t. April they sold 91 units. Weird no incentives existed then. Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you “LMAO”. If you discount the price on anything it will bring in another class of buyers. Again I’ll keep saying it over and over again maybe someday you will understand. Supply and Demand. Too much supply forced them to do drastic measures to move the left over cars. There were left over cars because they forced extra cars on all the dealers.

If you are a retailer that I supply widgets to and you say you have preorders for 10 widgets and I make you take 30 widgets. If you get the 10 you expected sold, then the other 20 sit around. What do you do? You put them on sale. You need to do something to move those items. Why do you think outlets exist? Are outlet shoppers a brands main audience?

Yes Floundering, Acura sales average for the NSX past 10 months is 33... this is not Floundering...., 6 months including October is 37 units (what is your definition of Floundering), take out the aberration of 91 units in April and the number plummets to 26, again what is Floundering? Obviously Acura agreed with the other "class" of buyers, myself and 66 others included. The NSX was soo mishandled from the beginning (exposure/ advertising, price point vs market competition). Anyone who has purchased/ leased the car from $120K-$140K has got a really nice car and should be very happy. I would like to add, I am not a "hater" or "fan boy" of the new NSX just a realist. The NSX is a great car, just not a $200K car....JM2C...I could be wrong...:tongue:

OT
I agree to disagree with your opinion, what matters to me is I have an NSX in my garage again....:cool:

Yes Floundering, Acura sales average for the NSX past 10 months is 33... this is not Floundering...., 6 months including October is 37 units (what is your definition of Floundering), take out the aberration of 91 units in April and the number plummets to 26, again what is Floundering? Obviously Acura agreed with the other "class" of buyers, myself and 66 others included. The NSX was soo mishandled from the beginning (exposure/ advertising, price point vs market competition). Anyone who has purchased/ leased the car from $120K-$140K has got a really nice car and should be very happy. I would like to add, I am not a "hater" or "fan boy" of the new NSX just a realist. The NSX is a great car, just not a $200K car....JM2C...I could be wrong...:tongue:

OT
I agree to disagree with your opinion, what matters to me is I have an NSX in my garage again....:cool:

One thing is for sure is that we both got great deals.

Out of curiosity what would you compare a NSX to? What is it’s competition? The NSX which should of been at $120-$140k competes against what?

So with your definition of floundering you would then say the first gen NSX floundered as well? The first year of the gen 2 (comprised of half a year) sold more units in that shortened year than the gen 1 in any 1 complete year of its last 8 years (99-07).

Since thegen 2 came out it is averaging 41 units a month (not including october), which would equate to a higher number in a full year than almost any year of the first gen besides the first 5 years. And this is with much more competition. Back then there weren’t many viable options.

I’m not a NSX fanboy either. I like cars I like and I get them. Being able to put high mileage in an exotic car and hand it back without worrying about selling it is any car aficionados dream.

I don’t need to win you over nor do I care to, to me it is more about what is right and wrong. If Acura would of kept numbers limited and not forced out additional units this wouldn’t of happened. If Acura didn’t take 6 years to “get the car right” this wouldn’t of happened. If Acura didn’t do a poor job marketing the car this wouldn’t of happened. The price wasn’t the issue because they sold plenty of the car at the MSRP or close to it.

I can come up with 1,000+ real world examples of how to this works. While lowering the price might be the simple solution to you, I am sure that is what relates to you. Value is perceived and whatever you perceive is what the value is.

One thing is for sure is that we both got great deals.

If Acura didn’t take 6 years to “get the car right” this wouldn’t have happened. If Acura didn’t do a poor job marketing the car this wouldn’t of happened.

Value is perceived and whatever you perceive is what the value is.

^^^This^^^ We agree upon :eek:....FWIW....:smile:

The first year of the gen 2 (comprised of half a year) sold more units in that shortened year than the gen 1 in any 1 complete year of its last 8 years (99-07).
What's the rationale for comparing a new cars' 1st years sales data with the final 8 years of another vehicle (and why 8 instead of 10 or 2 or whatever)? What does that show?

Since the gen 2 came out it is averaging 41 units a month (not including october), which would equate to a higher number in a full year than almost any year of the first gen besides the first 5 years.
And why remove the first 5 yrs of a cars' sales to use the 6th or whatever year(s) to compare it to another cars' 1st year sales? Is the point that the new NSX is selling more in its first 12 mos compared to the old NSXs' final years of production :confused: or, that the new NSX is selling better than the old one?

The the way you sliced the sales numbers by comparing the new nsx's 1st yr sales with the final (floundering) years of sales for the old NSX actually just makes Space Truckin's point and their really is no comparison. Why not keep it simple and just compare apples to apples.

Last edited:
My 2005 was #150 out of 249 for North America - last year of production for Generation 1

Last edited:
Someone doesn’t read the wiki’s.

I picked up my NSX last night from paint correction/ Ceramic Pro and Clear Bra, it had been a week since I drove her and all I can say is WOW!!!:biggrin:...JM2C...I could be wrong...

^^^Well that sux^^^ hope everyone is ok...

Back