What do you guys think of this Scion?

I like it...

Scion FR-S Concept. Maybe based off the Toyota FT-86 platform?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/04/scion-fr-s-concept/

scion-FR-S-concept-02.jpg

scion-FR-S-concept-031.jpg

scion-FR-S-concept-04.jpg

scion-FR-S-concept-05.jpg

The front end is a big bag of suck. The rest is okay but hard to really judge without seeing it in person. Rear wheel drive?

If I hadn't known it was Scion I would have guessed it was the new Mazda RX8. I like it.

+1. Front looks like an RX-8 with a body kit. Impressive direction for Scion, although not liking the similarities to the RX-8, too jagged(front) for me.

Last edited:
The rear says LFA... Front says WTF

Lotus....meet Pontiac Sky.

I love it. Can you imagine if Honda came out with a car like this? The cheers would be deafening! After looking at the 2012 Civic Si and then at this FR-S, it just further depresses me at what Honda could have been making.

Yuck. Big doors, small windows. Sporty variant of the same crap auto companies come out with these days. We will never see a time like the 90's when sports cars had character.

I think its sick. Trading in gf scion for that one.

I like it as long is thousands of people don't buy it! That's not going to happen so I'm not going to buy it. The whole beauty of the NSX is it's rare. The Scion is made for the masses.

looks sorta like a more refined ft-86 concept

Toyota_FT-86_Concept.jpg

Hawt, but the front reminds me of this:

Good catch! The rear half of that car is a big win. Now I bet it will be toned down a ton before it hits the market. This is a tough crowd because how much more can you expect out of a 25k car?

AE86 corolla owners have been praying to the gods for a sports compact front engine rear wheel drive successor from Toyota. I cannot believe that this is actually happening. Go Toyota!

As a previous poster mentioned, that is just basically a re-badged FT-86.

The reason why the hood is so ugly as it is is that they couldn't make the original hood of the FT-86 (which was a beauty) pass pedestrian crash inspections so they had to bloat it out and make it as hideous as it is right now. The original design had such a low engine hood because it was using the Subaru flat 4 engine. Now they raised the hood and it ruined it all together.

That's not the only thing they ruined in that car. The original car was suppose to be no more than 1200Kg and in the price range of 20,000 US$. Now it's going to be much heavier than that and much much more expensive.

The original idea was a beautiful fun pocket rocket for everyone out there. The current progress suggests a 4 cylinder 370Z competitor which is a joke if you ask me.

Last edited:
they got the weight right

but they way overshoot the price. It's just silly expensive at the price it will most likely end up in

also they seem to have totally destroyed the looks of the concept car

Back