Welcome to the Next Level

Okay, everybody stop sending me e-mails about pix! I know I promised them weeks go, but I finally got a usable photo or two, so here you go:

View

View

View

mods inlcude:

body - CT body kit, Dali two-scoop hood, monochromatic paint job

drive train - decked block, forge JE pistons, ductile cylinder liners, polished heads, CT cams, CT valve train, Extrude Honed intake manifold, billet oil pump gears, high volume oil pump, Dali high capaciy oil pan, CT headers, Turbonetics turbo, RC 720 cc injectors, Paxton 'blue' fuel pump, Paxton pressure regulator, lots of ss hose and AN fittings, Motec programmable engine mangement system, Greddy blow-off valve, some more shiny billet stuff, aluminum flywheel, custom dual-disk Kevlar clutch, short gears, 4.55:1 billet R&P and probably some other stuff I'll remember in a minute......anyway, the key numbers are 504hp at the wheels on pump gas. Might have a race gas map next week.

Suspension - Simmons modular wheels (17x8.5 front, 18x12 rear), Pilot sports (335s in back), threaded spring perches, Dali adjustable sway bars, CT springs, Koni shocks, Brembo front brakes, Stillen rear brakes, SS brake lines, CT non-compliance rear crossmember, CT non-compliance toe links, CT billet strut bar.

Not bad for a ten year old Honda, IMHO.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 26 April 2001).]

David , I just wanted to tell you that your car is absolutely beautiful. Your right, this is the baddest NSX by far! You certainly have my vote w/the street car contest. I can not imagine how the car feels w/500+ rwhp! Not to mention on pump gas. What kind of numbers are you thinking on race gas and more tuning? Also, there is rumor you are considering NOS as well, any truth to that? I am hoping to turbocharge my car someday, (have to make due w/just the NOS now) however I can not imagine the cost of building that motor to accomidate. Good luck w/the contest.

------------------
Jason

I have not done a race gas map for the Motec yet, but may get to it this week. I am a bit reluctant, as I am getting good numbers on pump gas, so pushing it (and risking the motor) is a less compelling option for me than it was before. May try 22psi on race gas and see what happens, but I sure wish the NSX motor had better head bolts.

I am going to put a micro shot of NOS on to spool the turbo up faster at the track. Probably run it through a pressure switch so the NOS shuts off at 8 psi or so. Should only run for a fraction of a second because once it hits the turbo spools instantly.

David --

Great looking car -- makes me want to reconsider my plan to keep my car stock. I assume you had the entire car repainted when the body mods were installed. Would you mind sharing roughly how much you had to pay for the paint work? Also, how did the quality of the paint work compare with the factory paint? Metallic paints can be hard to get right, but yours looks great in the photos.

Dave,
Your car looks fantastic. Have you had it to the strip since you topped the 500 mark? Just curious what a beast pulls in the 1/4. I'd imagine its rather difficult to launch
smile.gif

Stan

all you need now are the JDM quarter panels which have the sidemarker lights in a normal more universal place.

David, have you ran your car at Ennis before? I swear ive seen that color CT nsx there before.
Very nice NSX though.

david,

beautiful car and from your description, it sounds as though it's even better in terms of mechanical and performance enhancements. very cool.

hal

Originally posted by Teej:
David, have you ran your car at Ennis before? I swear ive seen that color CT nsx there before.
Very nice NSX though.

I ran there about three years ago when I first got the body kit and had a CT blower on it. If I remember right, I was on street tires and having a hard time hooking up. Got eliminated by my friend's tweaked 930.

It is a five point harness, but the stock seats don't have a slot for the fifth belt. I hope to get some lightwieght seats into it sometime in the future.

Does the Comptech body replace all of the orig panels? If I were to purchase the kit, that would mean I might be able to recoup some of the cost by selling the old panels? Just curious, need to buy the SC first but then I need to have something else to look forward to. Thanks!

The CT body kit replaces all four quarter panels, both bumpers and the rocker panels. There is also a new rear spoiler.

I'm not sure what I have spent on mods. A guess would be:

Body kit - $2K (done after a wreck)
motor - $7K
turbo - $9K
Motec - $5K
Misc. - who knows

Hey David have you got to run your X at a track since you got it back? If so what times did you get? Street or slicks? I'm curious to see what your getting now for times.

This car had a Comptech supercharger at some point, right? I think I saw it up at an Acura dealer at one of the NSteXPO events awhile back.

Plus brakes, wheels/tires and suspension mods: another $10K ?

The "Misc Mods cost" could be a good deal more

BTW, did you have to spend a lot of (shop and track) time dialing in the turbo/fuel management setup?

I recall some earlier horror stories about grenaded motors, etc

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 27 May 2001).]

Hey david, I am all excited reading how hot your nsx is but sadly that is all I can do is read about it because I can't pull up your pic's!!!!!!Can you please post some more!!Thanks

Originally posted by musclesmarinara2:
...Can you please post some more!!Thanks

I found these archived on my hard drive. They are about a year old, but I think they are the pics that used to be in David's original post.

David%20NSX%20-%20View.jpg

David%20NSX%20-%20View2.jpg

David%20NSX%20-%20View3.jpg

------------------
ojaspatel.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by Ojas (edited 09 July 2002).]

Back