Upcoming Mecum Auction with NSX

Appears very nice. OEM wheels painted/finished black.

Anyone watches bidding outcome please post up.

VIN?

/subscribed very interesting

"VIN is JH4NA21644S000030"

A late production (Suzuka Ass'y) 2004 model year NSX.

Been in CA only, as far as I know. Was for sale on FLEA-B*y 6-2012 with mileage 1,931 by Fine Line Autos of Fresno, CA. The buy it now (BIN) then was $83,750. It had OEM wheels, apparently chromed, then. It appeared very nice! F.S. on NSXPrime 8-2016 as a three-owner NSX for $119,750 at mileage 3,524. Looks beautiful! I'd be very proud to own this NSX.. . .

"VIN is JH4NA21644S000030"A late production (Suzuka Ass'y) 2004 model year NSX.Been in CA only, as far as I know. Was for sale on FLEA-B*y 6-2012 with mileage 1,931 by Fine Line Autos of Fresno, CA. The buy it now (BIN) then was $83,750. It had OEM wheels, apparently chromed, then. It appeared very nice! F.S. on NSXPrime 8-2016 as a three-owner NSX for $119,750 at mileage 3,524. Looks beautiful! I'd be very proud to own this NSX.. . .
Fantastic info, thanks! Great point on the Suzuka assembly, that's a cool fact.

Wouldja?

Sterling will you snap this NSX up on your dealer license and ship it Reliable Carriers enclosed for me directly over to west suburban Detroit - and then I would wire you $75 K large....... good?

Sterling will you snap this NSX up on your dealer license and ship it Reliable Carriers enclosed for me directly over to west suburban Detroit - and then I would wire you $75 K large....... good?
Sounds like you've got this all figured out, why not. :) In all seriousness, those seriously looking for a '02+ with ultra-low miles should contact me, this isn't the only one available... ;)

Last edited:
Love the miles but those black wheels are killing me.

whats wrong with black wheels? That's super easy to fix.....

whats wrong with black wheels? That's super easy to fix.....

Not my style, they always just look dirty all the time. Personally, on a higher mileage example, painted black wheels give me a feeling that a car hasn't been maintained with an "open" checkbook mentality that I look for when buying a car. I also hate the painted taillights and blacked out side markers. Just my opinion of course. Just doesn't inspire confidence to me.

Not my style, they always just look dirty all the time. Personally, on a higher mileage example, painted black wheels give me a feeling that a car hasn't been maintained with an "open" checkbook mentality that I look for when buying a car. I also hate the painted taillights and blacked out side markers. Just my opinion of course. Just doesn't inspire confidence to me.
I'm with you on the black wheels. Not my thing either. The tail lights don't appear to be painted though. I might be a total newbie here, but they look stock to me. The side markers don't look blacked out either. I think it's just poor lighting and a crappy camera, maybe both as previously stated above. The weather looks very overcast in the photos, so the reflectors appear kinda dark due to lack of light on them. Maybe I'm missing something though?

I'm with you on the black wheels. Not my thing either. The tail lights don't appear to be painted though. I might be a total newbie here, but they look stock to me. The side markers don't look blacked out either. I think it's just poor lighting and a crappy camera, maybe both as previously stated above. The weather looks very overcast in the photos, so the reflectors appear kinda dark due to lack of light on them. Maybe I'm missing something though?

This car doesn't have the blacked out/tinted out light treatment.

I agree with you 100%. This car is the exception (it's a very nice if not perfect example), although I'd personally put them back to the OEM silver if it were in my garage.

Rats.

NBCSN just cut over to NastyCar at 3:30 P.M. from the Mecum Chicago auction............they were at lot S101 (red 911) and the 2004 yellow NSX is lot S113.1 so it may go in about an hour. Supposedly, delayed auction coverage resumes tomorrow evening 9:30 P.M. on NBCSN so perhaps they will pick up where today's live coverage left off? :confused:

Rats.

NBCSN just cut over to NastyCar at 3:30 P.M. from the Mecum Chicago auction............they were at lot S101 (red 911) and the 2004 yellow NSX is lot S113.1 so it may go in about an hour. Supposedly, delayed auction coverage resumes tomorrow evening 9:30 P.M. on NBCSN so perhaps they will pick up where today's live coverage left off? :confused:

You can watch live on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83QIGilHJZA

Tune in, we're 8 cars away from the NSX.

- - - Updated - - -

Final bid below, did not meet $140k reserve.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 12.59.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 12.59.28 PM.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
wow a reserve of 140...but I'm impressed it got to 120:eek:

Bidding closed at $120,000. It did. It sell. Had a $140,000 reserve.

attachment.php

So again, yes, low-mileage '02+ NSX are $100k cars, but no, not close to $150k cars yet.

So again, yes, low-mileage '02+ NSX are $100k cars, but no, not close to $150k cars yet.

4-digit miles 02+ NSX are now definitely $100k+ cars at public auction. Have yet to see these numbers with regularity in the private market, but they're getting there.

- - - Updated - - -

Its confusing. Watching a 1992 on BAT at $50,500.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-acura-nsx-3/

Then there was the 2003 that sold for $77,000. There is still a lot of flux out there. I think the valu of our cars is mostly to us who know them best!

The 1992 on BaT is now at $57,000 which is already a fantastic number for an early coupe in the 20,000 mile range. If it touches $60k, it will be evidence that the market is returning from the current plateau to a climb for early coupes.

The 2003 on BaT was a bit low, but after buyer's fees was basically exactly on the money with the market. 02+ cars with over 10,000 miles typically sell for significantly less than those with ultra low-miles (silly in my opinion, but numbers don't lie).

Last edited:
The 2003 on BAT actually sold for the Reserve price of $80,000.BAT lists it as being sold for for $77,500 but that is not what actually happened.BAT put up the extra $2500 to get the deal done.BAT really needs to adjust the selling price on there site to reflect the actual selling price of $80,000

Back