The Official 2011 F1 Thread....Now That 2010 is Over

now guys, lets keep the sacred F1 thread about F1:smile:

There was a lot of rain. Rain can be exciting, but without any runoff and adequate track drainage, I'm really hoping for a dry race day

There was a lot of rain. Rain can be exciting, but without any runoff and adequate track drainage, I'm really hoping for a dry race day

Wet races are a blast, as long as the rain isn't a monsoon and as you say there is drainage, etc. They do shake things up, and can foul up a race.

Qualifying was dry and I think Ferrari is a notch below MacLaren now thaey've given up on this year. Red Bull is looking towards next year as well.
Miner

Lewis did good work today keeping Marc behind last 30 laps.Amazing how F cars
worked good on soft tyres from 2nd stint till the end.
Feel sorry for Schumacher after he's been hit by Petrov.

Well that race summed up Webber's season! What possessed him to follow Hamilton into the pits?? It was obvious Hamilton was holding him up, so instead of doing another banzi lap to try and get in front, he just follows Hamilton into the pits and stays behind! Now I know there are no guarantees that Webber would have gotten in front of Hamilton if he had stayed out for another lap, but following him into the pits was a no brainer!

Still it allowed us to enjoy many laps of fantastic racing. :mad:

Well that race summed up Webber's season! What possessed him to follow Hamilton into the pits?? It was obvious Hamilton was holding him up, so instead of doing another banzi lap to try and get in front, he just follows Hamilton into the pits and stays behind! Now I know there are no guarantees that Webber would have gotten in front of Hamilton if he had stayed out for another lap, but following him into the pits was a no brainer!

Still it allowed us to enjoy many laps of fantastic racing. :mad:

I'm pretty sure he was told to come in to the pits, otherwise the crew would not have been ready for him. The blame should be more on pit wall.

I'm pretty sure he was told to come in to the pits, otherwise the crew would not have been ready for him. The blame should be more on pit wall.

Yep the call may have come from the team, but Webber has to take some of the blame. Lord knows how much quicker the RB car would have been without Hamilton in front. In the last 12 months Webber has made some calls from inside the cockpit which have come off, but one didn't earlier this year, and since then he has meekly followed the teams calls - none of which have been to his advantage. You would think he would understand by now they're not getting any of these strategy calls right? :wink:

It saddens me to see Hamilton being such a cry baby towards his team and the comments he made through out the weekend. The only thing I can see why he was smiling on the podium was not because he got onto the podium but beating Button.

It is a good thing for having Senna/Prost in the past as teammates, they know how to stay out of the internal friction. Either Lewis will destroy himself or he will grow up to be a team player. Button is no joke and I think Lewis finally realized to win the championship again, he needs to beat his teammate first - Something Button is fully aware of.

It saddens me to see Hamilton being such a cry baby towards his team and the comments he made through out the weekend. The only thing I can see why he was smiling on the podium was not because he got onto the podium but beating Button.

It is a good thing for having Senna/Prost in the past as teammates, they know how to stay out of the internal friction. Either Lewis will destroy himself or he will grow up to be a team player. Button is no joke and I think Lewis finally realized to win the championship again, he needs to beat his teammate first - Something Button is fully aware of.

Me thinks you are reading too much into Hamilton's smile? Why wouldn't he be smiling? He wouldn't have been happy with his car, which apparently was missing some front downforce, but he sure should have been smiling about how well he drove to keep Webber behind him for 30 odd laps. It was a great drive, as was Webber's! Hammilton's comments to his team would be what you expect from an athlete who pushes himself to the limit weekend after weekend. He is paid to win, not be overly nice. No excuse for being rude or abusive, but his team would expect him to be demanding, or he wouldn't be in the car!

As Wheldon's sad accident shows, these guys lay their LIVES on the line every working day while in the car, so why wouldn't they want everything perfect??

Last edited:
My take on the macleren boys....hamo does not take #2 very well,while JB is very good at being both #1 and #2.......Jenson is also a better marathon runner than Hamo who is a better sprinter...

My take on the macleren boys....hamo does not take #2 very well,while JB is very good at being both #1 and #2.......Jenson is also a better marathon runner than Hamo who is a better sprinter...

I think JB is gonna take 2nd place in the championship. :)

Watch BBC's post race forum for more driver in depth interviews. Lewis is nowhere near as far gone as some of you think. McLaren should do very well next year with these drivers.

On the other hand, they interviewed Mclaren's Tim Goss and he did not come across as very impressive to me. Maybe Mclaren's design staff is no longer world class.

This time we have Lewis Hamilton's car in the beautiful sunset.

Maybe some of you can see why the front wing isn't working perfectly.

redb_vett_kore_2011-111.jpg

judging by the tv feed this was probably the least attended race so far...how was the venue? could you navigate things well or was there tight security for the teams?

judging by the tv feed this was probably the least attended race so far...how was the venue? could you navigate things well or was there tight security for the teams?

The venue was good as in it is only a year or so old. Travel around the venue was mostly by foot though. That aspect sucked since it was nearly a mile between our different seats (main grandstand and grandstand D). The one issue I had was with the parking. We had to park around 3 miles from the track and take a bus to the venue. We were dropped off near grandstand D. The people who were in other sections would have to walk or wait for a rare and cramped shuttle. We ended up waiting nearly two hours for our bus back to the parking lot at the end of the event. If they figured out the parking situation this event would be much better. Overall, I had an outstanding time and enjoyed to experience. It was uneventful mostly but awesome none-the-less.

Last edited:
I think JB is gonna take 2nd place in the championship. :)
Lets hope so, then I win my bet with Ted!
RB is putting everything they have behind Mark Webber now. Maybe even Sebastian will run defense for Mark. Hence JB coming second is not at all a sure thing.
Where did you hear this? I watch BBC's Forum religiously and didn't see any indication of it on their broadcast.
Watch BBC's post race forum for more driver in depth interviews. Lewis is nowhere near as far gone as some of you think. McLaren should do very well next year with these drivers.

On the other hand, they interviewed Mclaren's Tim Goss and he did not come across as very impressive to me. Maybe Mclaren's design staff is no longer world class.
Definitely not as impressive as Newey but he (Goss) isn't the main designer of this seasons car.

Where did you hear this? I watch BBC's Forum religiously and didn't see any indication of it on their broadcast.

Christian Horner compared the Formula One season to the F.A. Cup, where you have to win three times. He meant 1) driver's champ; 2) constructor's champ; 3) driver's runner up. His view is that: if the trophy's out there for grabs, the team will try to win it.

Judging by the TV feed, this host country had the most beautiful girls lining the pathway from track to podium.

up for debate:wink: They did have a pretty neat martial arts exhibition.

Back