The Official 2011 F1 Thread....Now That 2010 is Over

Judging by the TV feed, this host country had the most beautiful girls lining the pathway from track to podium.

My fiancé and I took the KTX (bullet train) from Mokpo to Seoul after the race. A large number of those girls took the same train as us. This allowed me to get an up close look. There was one that had fairly short hair and was absolutely stunning. My fiancé informed me that they had a huge search and audition process which resulted in the top 25 girls being selected.

As for the attendance, there was a lot of people there but a lot of open seats still. We started at the main grandstand which had a few open here and there. We moved to Grandstand D which had 85% of its seats filled. Not sure the total number in attendance but we did end up waiting well over an hour to catch a bus back to our car. That line seemed like a kilometer long.

I believe there is three years left on the contract so I am interested to see how the event improves.

All Korean girls look a like.

Just go to K town in Los Angeles and Garden Grove (S. Cal) and you'll see them. They are either HOT, or they are short and fat.

All Korean girls look a like.

Just go to K town in Los Angeles and Garden Grove (S. Cal) and you'll see them. They are either HOT, or they are short and fat.

not_sure.jpg

Re: My luck and percentage expectations..........

are going backwards.
Lets hope so, then I win my bet with Ted!

Let's examine the facts.

1. JB has not had any bad luck or crew phucque ups. What's up with that? :rolleyes:

2. Fred seems to have lost incentive with no development being done. Didn't expect Ferrari to give up so early. :frown:

3. And to add insult to injury, now Webber seems to have figured out how to start. :confused:

Now I'm smelling conspiracy. :mad: I'll need some luck to get Fred to 2nd.

well after grid penalties, JB is in 4th position behind Webba. Considering he has crappy starts, I can see Button getting 2nd or 3rd position by turn 1. Hope it's a good race.

Alonso is done in by poor strategy and preparation from his team. He missed the one great chance of his career when he was in McLaren in his prime and didn't make the best of it.

The McLaren boys are extremely well prepared this race: where to defend, where to pass, tire strategy, when to come in to pit. That's pure brain power and team work for you, not just waving hands and dramatic speech.

Mercedes/Brawn is catching up, and predictably showed up Ferrari this race. They are still a great team, despite all the added demands placed on them by their new boss Mercedes.

As for Massa and Hamilton, both are great drivers, when driving on an empty track, but their desperate attitudes are sad to watch, and I sincerely feel for them since their race seats are on the bubble now, to use Indy speak.

Last edited:
Great race by JB, just wished McLaren had a slightly faster car to really take the fight to Red Bull.

13 point lead on Alonso and two races left, oh yeah, Jenson has 2nd place almost secured.

Glad to see Perez in the points, unfortunately Kobayashi was taken out, and doesn't look so good for them in the Constructors points, they are tied with Toro Rosso which have been performing well as of late, specially Alguesuari, and with Force India being pretty strong, will be hard for them to take 6th place or even keep 7th place.

And Kimi making a comeback to F1?? :)

McLaren really should consider putting Jenson as their unofficial lead driver.

As for Lewis, I wonder if he is just a one shot wonder due to a good car few years back. He is handicapped by the lack of understanding when and where to take risks.

I would be very productive to put Jenson and Fernando on the same team.

Interesting track and race. There really is no stopping Vettel once he gets out in front.

All of a sudden, in the last two races Webber is having perfect starts, imagine that!? Still doesn't help him, as his car's bad traction out of corners and lack of straight line speed really hinder progress, unless your out in front :D Vettel has proved this through the year, as when he has been behind another car, he finds it difficult to pass unless he banzai's his way past early on.

Massa, oh dear what can you say :redface: The incident with Hamilton was, once again a racing incident, and it is very important to note that the Steward of the Meeting felt it necessary to send Massa some helpful advice. At some point it is prudent to back off and fight another day. I can understand where Massa is in "head space" terms, worrying about his seat in the car, but his constant "coming together" with other drivers is worrying [although it must be pointed out their "kiss" in Singapore was definitely Hamilton's fault].

What is worrying most though is the fact that twice on the weekend Massa managed to clout the rear of the kerb with enough force to break his suspension!! Worrying because both were simple driver error, something that every other driver avoided over the weekend :frown: Clearly he is trying too hard which can be counter productive, but not easy habit to get out of..............

Alonso: Second is not a big priority

More bad news for Ted:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/7283657/Alonso-Second-is-not-a-big-priority

Although Fernando Alonso says second in the Championship is "perfectly" possible, he admits that is not his goal for this - or any other - F1 season.

Having finished on the podium in India on Sunday, Alonso is third in the Drivers' Championship on 227 points, 13 behind Jenson Button and six ahead of Mark Webber.

The title, though, is gone, having already been claimed by Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel.

And, unless it's the title he is fighting for, the Ferrari driver reckons his finishing position in the Championship is irrelevant.

Asked in Sunday's post-race press conference if he could achieve the runner-up slot in the Championship, Alonso said: "Yes, perfectly possible, that's for sure.

"There are 50 points available but as we said a couple of races ago, okay, finishing second is maybe better than finishing fifth.

"We are four drivers all together: (Lewis) Hamilton, Jenson, Mark and me but it's not a big priority for us.

"If I finish second it's okay, if I finish fourth it's okay. I will not remember the 2011 season if I finish second or third.

"I will probably remember the win in Silverstone and a couple of nice starts and a couple of nice races, but the position of the Championship, once you are no longer in the hunt for the World Championship win, the other positions are less relevant.

"I think we will try to do two last good races, try to be on the podium if we can, which is always a good feeling, taste the champagne and take the trophy after a hard weekend, as it was this one."

This is a sentiment echoed by Button, whose P2 in India helped secure McLaren second place in the Constructors' Championship behind Red Bull Racing, who clinched the teams' title last time out in Korea.

"Congratulations to the team for second. It's sad always to say congratulations for second but it does make a big difference to the team, moving into the new season," said the 2009 World Champ.

"Second in the Drivers' doesn't mean as much as second in the Constructors'. I think when you've won a World Championship, nothing else will do really except for first place.

"The important thing is that we're strong; for the next couple of races and every race I'm going into I'm fighting for a win. I'm not going to give up on that until it's the end of the season.

"I'm very excited about the challenge of Abu Dhabi and especially Brazil - I saw you (Sebastian) look over then! Yeah, that's exciting, very exciting.

"Second in the Championship? You've beaten everyone except one person and it's that one person that you really want to beat."

Even though both say Second place in the WDC is not important to them, Jenson has much more ambition to fight for podiums in AD & Brazil.

Re: Alonso: Second is not a big priority

That is a very selfish thing for Alonso to say considering the profit sharing is based on the position of the team at the end of the season. It is in fact, very important!

If it is so important then Ferrari will for sure still work on upgrades for this year cars(they gave up months ago).

Last edited:
The Buddh track design is ok but nothing special. I was pleasantly surprised that the Indians were able to pull it off!! The facility looks impressive and there was only 1 stray dog!:smile: No cows or goats or monkeys!!:biggrin:

Btw... The race was interesting from position 2-12! Sooo.. Not THAT interesting.

Btw... Any body else get tired of Varsha's pronunciation of the Buddh circuit? The name refers to Buddha....not an American beer comany!:wink:

Re: Alonso: Second is not a big priority

Agreed. Millions of dollars are at stake for a constructors spot. This is the kind of Randy Moss attitude that got Kimi fired- "I play when I feel like it."

That is a very selfish thing for Alonso to say considering the profit sharing is based on the position of the team at the end of the season. It is in fact, very important!

lol ,clever that ^.....

The Buddh track design is ok but nothing special.

Pit in and pit out suck big time (especially pit out) -- need to be redone.

Re: Only takes one.......

DNF for JB to change everything. I don't see the fat lady yet, do you?

JB extending his lead over Fernando? Yes please. Ted - How worried are you at this point?

Fred will continue to race for a win if not the points. So, if he just trundles along in 2nd or 3rd and JB scores no points just once........it could be interesting.

JB's crew is way overdue for a phuque up. And of course, Flippy could take him out by getting him confused with Louie's car. Or,there are other ways he could get shafted by traffic. So far, he's been out front cruising with Seb, but no telling what might happen with a little traffic. How's he doing on
engines?

It's all been too calm and collected, don't you think? We're due for something outrageous to happen and Matchett and Hobbs to start screaming "oh no".

Re: Only takes one.......

DNF for JB to change everything. I don't see the fat lady yet, do you?

Fred will continue to race for a win if not the points. So, if he just trundles along in 2nd or 3rd and JB scores no points just once........it could be interesting.

JB's crew is way overdue for a phuque up. And of course, Flippy could take him out by getting him confused with Louie's car. Or,there are other ways he could get shafted by traffic. So far, he's been out front cruising with Seb, but no telling what might happen with a little traffic. How's he doing on
engines?

It's all been too calm and collected, don't you think? We're due for something outrageous to happen and Matchett and Hobbs to start screaming "oh no".

Well JB just needs to come in 4th at the next race and for Alonso to not come in the points, and he'll spread his lead by 25 points, and he'll secure 2nd place.

Alonso could win the race in Brazil and Button have DNF, and still come in 2nd since Jenson has more wins than Alonso.

We all know that Vettel will most likely win at least one of, if not both of the last two races. So best case scenario for Alonso at the next race to get ahead of Button in the points would be for him to come in 2nd, and Jenson would have to come in 8th or worse.

I can see JB coming in 4th or better, but then again, anything can happen, so who knows. But the odds are in JB's favor. :)

Re: Yes, it's all JB if............

the season ending snooze fest continues.

But I'm hoping for some chaos to break loose just to keep it interesting. Even if JB cruised to 2nd and Fred fades, I wanna see some excitement. Someone's engine has to go KA-BLAMO. :eek::biggrin: And it's time for one of the top 4 to have a catastrophe.

Back