• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Seats group buy: interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good but those side bolsters are pretty hardcore for street use. Seems like a track only seat to me...

I think you missed my whole point, you can custom configure anything. That's why I am thinking of these.

Can you fit the seat belts threw the holes for the 5 point? Seat looks nice! Any chance the SOS powered rail will fit these?

They might, but as I mentioned previously, I am seeking a different type of rail. I have some different criteria including higher strength and lighter weight. Something manufactured specifically for the seat that we pick and the NSX.

Has anyone purchased these seats (R1 Carbon Kevlar)? I never did. You can order them in different sizes to accommodate you. Note the information section in the pull down at the top of the page about safety concerns.

http://www.f1spec.com/r1ck.html

I'm not really interested in this for several reason. I don't really want a reclining seat in an NSX, it adds extra weight and takes away from safety. It's also not that configurable and comes in cloth red or black. With the icon you can pick material, any custom color, any custom stitching, etc. it's also a much better built seat.

I can't help but hate on status a little bit just due to the name itself. Are those things SFI certified? just out of curiosity.

LOL tough crowd to please. You can probably not get the name stitched on. If you mean FiA certified, yes they are.

Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something, the Status seats compromise the ability to use the stock seatbelt effectively like the NSX-R or Pole Position ABE seats.

Unless I'm missing something, the Status seats compromise the ability to use the stock seatbelt effectively like the NSX-R or Pole Position ABE seats.

I believe they have a larger opening that allows it to work, but I'm still trying to make sure. And trying to get more tech data and weights.

- - - Updated - - -

Ravi used these for his F1 interiors

b59ee8e4065c43f578f65e609513892f_zps79c85a5c.jpg

4fdccc45fdc13a90e6e3c971f193d5a9_zpsaccbc9d9.jpg

The status seat is nice but it can't be reclined, will it get uncomfortable on long distance drives since you will be sitting upright the whole time?

Ring in leather:

6278945f15c77d40eb4741079a5b0d25_zpsa0b766b5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The status seat is nice but it can't be reclined, will it get uncomfortable on long distance drives since you will be sitting upright the whole time?

Comfort is based more on design, cushion material, and most of all FIT, not so much recline angle. You can get a heavier, less safe reclining seat... But if it doesn't fit you, it won't be comfortable no matter what the recline angle is.

Last edited:
White with black:

0924a4039f4da52721833ead6f6bcd9d_zps19da054e.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just some of the choices:

425afb4fa10490420f370e6aae6fb01f_zps8b357e82.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

cf27c3d1b43f40b783861d60fb735a33_zps4062c99a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Inside a Ferrari 360 straddle

6d060f0e8111472131edc1d71fff9bf4_zps9d2c9a75.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Red alcantara:

dc4b8c91d358087b839f5b3031bc0ccd_zps3d122a26.jpg

I believe they have a larger opening that allows it to work, but I'm still trying to make sure. And trying to get more tech data and weights.

- - - Updated - - -

Ravi used these for his F1 interiors

b59ee8e4065c43f578f65e609513892f_zps79c85a5c.jpg

THAT is gorgeous!!

Im definitely in if its the status seats. I looked up the ring in leather with FRP back and it was 1300 on there site. Any new info on the seat rails turbo?

I am trying to see what kind of deals we can get.

I had the status hockenheim and they were absolutely too narrow. I'd be interested to see how these status seats fit

If it is going to be the CF Status Ring then I am in. I too have been eyeing these for some time. A group buy would just be the catalyst I need to pull the trigger. That being said, I wonder how the Ring Gt would fair in the NSX being a bit wider of seat compared to the standard Ring.

M. Scott I think it will fit well. It's wider at the hips I don't think the overall seat width is that different if I remember correctly.

I would be interested in Recaro Pole Position ABE seats.

I think you are better off just buying that seat if you can. It's too small to do a group buy with. Many members just won't fit into those. Including myself. They are very tight. I won't do a group buy on one style of seat only. If I get something going with status, it will be so that anyone can pick ANY of their seats. Customizing to your likes on the GB is critical IMO. even if the price is slightly higher. You don't want to buy a seat that is uncomfortable, no matter how good a GB price is.

Last edited:
Im looking at getting a seat real soon..probably this month. I will hold out for the GB if people are still interested. How many people do we need for this to work?

That's sooner than my timeframe but let me see what I can do for you.

I have no problem waiting if it will happen within a reasonable time. Seats are just so expensive that a GB would be awesome.

Last edited:
something to note, status offers a free pair of seats if you sell 5 pairs for them, thats how they do their sponsorship program. I suppose you could sell 10 pairs of seats and factor in the 2 free, which would discount the price of 12 seats totalling a credit of $2800... Just a fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.statusracing.com/blog/want-a-free-pair-of-status-seats/

something to note, status offers a free pair of seats if you sell 5 pairs for them, thats how they do their sponsorship program. I suppose you could sell 10 pairs of seats and factor in the 2 free, which would discount the price of 12 seats totalling a credit of $2800... Just a fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.statusracing.com/blog/want-a-free-pair-of-status-seats/

That doesn't really affect us, those 20 seats have to be sold at full retail to get one free set. That means a $70 discount on each seat, and that's way less than what my group buy would get it begin with. So it is not a program that would be beneficial to us.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my car. And no, the opening isn't big enough for the stock belt to go through.

Have you tried the type R extended buckle?

I can most likely get a custom opening made for us with quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back