Save the Date -- July 29, 2006 -- Return of the River Run

Re: Save the Date -- July 29 -- Return of the River Run

Thanks for the info Don.

Couple o' questions :

1. Casual attire ok for the restaurant? Like, real casual? I don't want to be in the car all day in a tux :biggrin: .

2. Driving style : we're not cannonballing, are we? Might freak out the +1. My passenger seat to-date is urine-free. I'd like to keep it that way :biggrin: .

Ruined 2 said:
Thanks for the info Don.

Couple o' questions :

1. Casual attire ok for the restaurant? Like, real casual? I don't want to be in the car all day in a tux :biggrin: .

2. Driving style : we're not cannonballing, are we? Might freak out the +1. My passenger seat to-date is urine-free. I'd like to keep it that way :biggrin: .
I'll jump in, been to both the theatre and the restaurant, both are casual, Tux is not required. Jeans would be OK in both places. As far as cannonballing, I will have the same type of +1 as you. We usually have some "spirited" driving, you might get a few screams (my +1 usually just grabs the door handle and closes her eyes), but she should be OK:biggrin:

Thanks RPM217. She does that already just driving around town, so she'll survive :biggrin: . I've almost got her talked into it, so I should be mailing back the RSVP soon. Any list so far of how many?

Thanks for help Roger.

In my mind (which is a scary place), I like to think that this is a nice scenic drive. There will be some sections where we can go fast but some places where the roads are narrow and we have to be alert for oncoming traffic and people.

Most club events have a mix of drivers. So you will find your own groove and pace. Never drive outside your comfort level. I think your +1 will enjoy the day.

And to confirm what Roger said -- the entire day is a casual event. Jeans all the way.

-Don

ps. there are a couple Courtyard by Marriotts in the area (1 on Rt 1 near the starting point (Westin) and 1 close to Hopewell (Rt 95 at Exit 2))

Forgot to answer the other question:

As of 6/26/2006
Registration Received: 6
Unofficial Count: 11+

Not up to Bridgewater Acura's standards just yet.

That's great news Keith. Seems like years since I last saw you. Would Mary like to join the band that night?

RSVP mailed out today, hotel reservation made, +1 making out last will and testament.

:biggrin:

Seriously, we're signed up. See you soon. :smile:

Phil and the reluctant Misty

Don't worry the day won't turn out like your Prime User Name. :biggrin:

Any update on the attending list? Sorry, just excited :smile: .

Ruined 2 said:
Any update on the attending list? Sorry, just excited :smile: .
I understand from "un-named sources" that we will need a record amount of ripe tomatoes in order to fully appreciate "The Don". I also understand that if he tells you who's coming, he's going to have to kill you!!!:biggrin:

thedon67 said:
Not up to Bridgewater Acura's standards just yet.

I found that more people are around on sundays:tongue: :biggrin: :frown:

What they don't exist on Saturdays? :confused:

The founding fathers of our region thought a Saturday event would be a welcome addition. For our non-NJ friends attending, the ride home on a Sunday afternoon can be a nightmare.

So far: 14 cars, 23 attendees of which 13 are stocking up on their veggies.

Not too late to sign up, so send in your registration form!

thedon67 said:
Up to 16 cars -- We need Mike to sell a few more cars to get our #'s up.

Trust me, I wish I could be there but im already taking off August 12 for HONDA/ACURA day at Englistown. 2 saturdays so close in proximity from each other = not goin' happen:frown:

Mike, trust me I know if you could you would. Saturdays for you are bad days not to be at work.

You are in! Please mail back the registration form that was in the event notice mailing or send me a PM/Email with all of the requested info. If you plan to attend the musical, you will need to send me a check. PM or email me at [email protected] if you have any more questions.

-Don

Hi Everyone-

I was wondering if its too late to sign up for the Run. I've put off registering earlier because of commitments later on in the afternoon. BUT.... now that my plans are solidifying, I think I might have time that morning and afternoon to meet up for the drive/lunch/meet but not the evening events such as the dinner and/or show. Would that be ok? I figure I'd ask because I would love to meet some of the other owners from the area. If there is a fee, I would happily pay it as I've been looking forward to an event like this for a very long time. Thanks.

You are most welcome to join us, but the event doesn't start until 2pm. We will meet, greet, snap a group photo and then head out on a 60 mile drive. The sign-up deadline was so that I could reserve the correct amount of seats at dinner and the theater.

(I'll be at Watkins Glen the next few days and won't have access to a computer. Any more questions, I'll get back to you when I return.)

ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!!

Thanks for the reply, Don.
Can someone forward me the where and when's for the event? I'm sure it went out with the formal registration, but since never registered because I could only make it for the meet and part of the drive, I never received anything. A quick list of the meeting place(s) and approx. times would be great. I see that there is an caravan coming down from CT/NY..... NICE.
I've got my Nikon and a new 1gig card ready to go. Think that will be enough?

BTW, if there is any type of fee for the meet, I'll be more than happy to pay it. Thanks.

Back