Save the Date -- July 29, 2006 -- Return of the River Run

**** Official Announcement has been mailed (6-16-06) ****
**** Please RSVP by July 14th by returning the enclosed Registration Form ****

Return of the River Run!

Yes it is back and under new management. (Our good friend Don Gallo has moved west.)

When: Saturday July 29 (afternoon)
Where: Scenic Central NJ/Bucks County PA in the vicinity of Princeton & New Hope
What: A scenic afternoon drive followed by dinner in the quaint town of Hopewell, NJ.
Why: Because it is all about TheDon

Optional Entertainment: See TheDon perform in a production of "Nunsensations" at the Off-Broadstreet Theater http://off-broadstreet.com (Sorry, not dressing up like a nun -- I'm in the pit band.)

More details to follow...

added 6-18-2006:
For those coming from Rt 95 PA/NJ, there is a Courtyard by Marriott at Exit 3 (Scotch Road Ewing, NJ). This is the closest hotel to Hopewell (where the event ends). There are also many hotels along the Route 1 corridor (incl the Westin where the event will start). Please PM or email if you would me to provide more info

Last edited:
Re: Save the Date -- July 29 -- Return of the River Run

thedon67 said:
Return of the River Run!

Yes it is back and under new management. (Our good friend Don Gallo has moved west.)

When: Saturday July 29 (afternoon)
Where: Scenic NJ/PA in the vicinity of New Hope, PA http://www.experiencebuckscounty.com/new-hope.html
What: A scenic afternoon drive followed by dinner in the quaint town of Hopewell, NJ. http://www.hopewellvalleybistro.com/
Why: Because it is all about TheDon

Optional Entertainment: See TheDon perform in a production of "Nunsensations" at the Off-Broadstreet Theater http://off-broadstreet.com (Sorry, not dressing up like a nun -- I'm in the pit band.)

More details to follow...
I've seen Don perform, and I can attest, he is "the pits"!!!!

That being said, count me in, and I'll probably bring Bob's client (that way he can write the trip off as a business expense!!):biggrin:

The Don's shows are always worth the trip. Here are some of the rave reviews from his last show:

"No other musician has ever deserved being pelted with rotten tomatoes as much as Mr. Lebentritt. He is a standout - and that helps with aiming."

"I laughed until I stopped."

"The show may suck but at least we get cake."

"Everyone should have the opportunity to suffer as much through a show as The Don suffers for his music."

Don, count us in and if you need any help we know the nice roads in Bucks.

I've got a great idea,lets all show up at Don's NJ house ,just like the old days,heck the new owners might let us use the bathroom!:tongue:

Thanks Chuck. You might regret the offer! My goal this weekend is to drive past River Run routes (Don Gallo sent me all of his old routes) to see where I want to get you guys lost this year.

Plus I got a great idea for a destination/photo stop. All I have to do now is see if I can grease the right palms to make it happen.

I have to miss it too, Its on a saturday and at the end of the month. Not a shot my boss will let this one happen. Sucks:frown:

The Kid said:
I have to miss it too, Its on a saturday and at the end of the month. Not a shot my boss will let this one happen. Sucks:frown:
You can still join us for dinner and the show (bring your own rotten tomatoes to throw at the Don)!!!!:biggrin:

Tony, tell Bags "no show, no sax"

thedon67 said:
Tony, tell Bags "no show, no sax"

Did you spell that correctly :biggrin:

You really don't want me to bring that topic up with her. I really hate to hear her complain about you :smile:

I may be able to fly down to GA a couple days later and attend this new River Run. Could be a bonus for me - I get to go to the River Run/dinner and when I arrive in GA all the packing should be done...

thedon67 said:
Thanks Chuck. You might regret the offer! My goal this weekend is to drive past River Run routes (Don Gallo sent me all of his old routes) to see where I want to get you guys lost this year.

Plus I got a great idea for a destination/photo stop. All I have to do now is see if I can grease the right palms to make it happen.
If you need assistance i'm willing to give a hand planning, mapping, whatever. I know Hunterdon and Bucks counties fairly well. Depending on the route, I have a potential photo stop.

Chuck,

I tried to reach you via PM. If you are around, I would like to talk to you about your ideas.

Thanks,
Don

I will be there!! Keep me posted , need any help please let me know Ben:biggrin:

Glad to hear you are coming and better yet offering to help!

I mailed on Monday the official announcement to all members of the Northeast Region of NSXCA. In the package is a registration form. Please fill out and return in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.

We mapped out a drive last weekend that I think everybody will enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing ya'all on 7/29!

I'll keep you posted if I need help (you can always use an extra hand)

Thanks,
Don

thedon67 said:
Glad to hear you are coming and better yet offering to help!

I mailed on Monday the official announcement to all members of the Northeast Region of NSXCA. In the package is a registration form. Please fill out and return in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.

We mapped out a drive last weekend that I think everybody will enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing ya'all on 7/29!

I'll keep you posted if I need help (you can always use an extra hand)

Thanks,
Don
Received and already sent back the RSVP with the check for the play. It seems to me that since the last time I attended one of the "productions" the price has gone up, or are you taking "vig"? I hope that I will receive interest on the float. I will post up a caravan thread in a couple of weeks to get the Westchester/Ct. etc group down to you. Please all be advised, the "Boss" will be attending this event, you must all be on your best behavior. That means you Bob!!!!-:biggrin:

TonyD said:
Don, you may be in trouble with Bags. She has cancelled a class and is moving to PA a few days early just so she can see you in person, have dinner and see Nunsensations:smile:
Alright!!! Tell her not to forget her seasonings, if she doesn't use them, she can throw them down the sax!!!!:biggrin:

Been there, done that, got the free mug:eek: :tongue:
Went on a little sojourn with THEDon last weekend and the run really rocks :biggrin:

Of course we did it in his white lambo so it was not as exciting as it will be in an NSX:cool:

If you don't sign up you will be missing a great cruise and of course almost free dessert:rolleyes:

Now that I said that, I also need to know how many pairs of squishy earplugs are needed for those of you attending the show:eek:

Man o Man another event missed:frown: We have a wedding in LI that wkend:mad:

Hi Don:

Seems Tony has his priorties screwed up... But Im glad to see Baggs has
him back in line & on track.. willbe great to see them both again. Oh I dont need the ear plugs huh. but Lori will need a set..

well see ya in july - and count us in for the dinner & show.
Clem & lori B. Arrest me Red NSX:biggrin:

DocJohn - What a shame you will have to miss the wedding. Maybe they can reschedule?

Roger - Had to charge more in anticipation of the laundry bill. Prices are up a little and Saturday is also the most expensive day. They cut the bluehairs a break on Sunday. We are actually getting a group discount. Keep those checks coming, superchargers aren't cheep ya know.

Clem & Lori - Don't worry Alan's committed (or should be) to providing hearing protection! :rolleyes:

Tony & Bags - I'm honored that you rearranged your schedule for this event.

-Don

Any info about hotels in the area from those who've been there? I doubt I'll want to drive home that night, but I would like to make it to this.

Phil.

I'll work on some options for you.

We are starting at the Westin in Princeton, but our end destination will be approximately 30 minutes from there.

There are many places along the Route 1 corridor (Trenton -- Princeton) and there is also a place just off Rt 95 which would be the closest to our end destination.

Stay tuned.

Back