S2K Cluster in NSX

We haven't started selling the kit yet. Darrin, how do you have 3944 iTrader?

Hey guys,

I have no clue! :eek: I noticed that a few weeks ago. It happened after another prime member left me feedback after I bought something from him. If you go to my itrader page ... there is just over a handfull of feedback.

I wish the kits where that popolar. :confused:

xory72, you guys should make conversion kits for sale with everything needed to convert S2000 gauges :biggrin: I'd buy one!

colslaw87,

That is the plan. Chris (apkarian100) is getting all the pricing together for a complete kit. He should have this posted soon.

Please note there are things that the car's owner will have to do for final installtion, but this will all be in the instructions.

Contact apkarian100 if you are instersted in a kit. I beleive he is ready roll with it. He'll need a little information from you when you get up with him. Year of car, which S2000 cluster do you want, etc.

I have my part finished which is the adaptor plate that mates up to the NSX cluster bezel. They are available in Aluminum, Semi Gloss Black and Carbon Fiber finishes. (note CF is $55.00 more) You can give the finish you want to apkarian100

Thanks for keeping eye on the post. More updates to come when I get the Blue Conversion sorted out.

It's been great working with Darrin. We researched this a lot and discussed many ideas to make all the necessary components to work in the car. I can't wait to finish this up and start producing a kit for those interested in the conversion.

I think it looks fantastic, I would love that converstion in my car.

Hi guys. Darrin and I will be discussion this week, and create the DIY kit. Darrin and I are just trying to find ideas for odometer correction that won't break the bank.

oh man! getting closer and closer I am excited! I prefer the oem s2k colors. Blue isnt my thing. still looks great though. When can we start ordering?

The OEM lighting works fine, if you don't have a T-top. Darrin found it wasn't bright enough with the T-top open. We then tried white LEDs in the cluster, but it made the cluster colors pale yellow and pink, instead of red and yellow.

He really wanted blue, so he's paying around with gel filters to get the best effect.

The kits will available soon. Darrin and I still need to do odometer correction and check about the door warnings lights.

The NSX door, hood, and trunk warning lights are not wired the same as the S2000. The NSX has it's own control computer to monitor these things, but the S2000 has simple grounding switches.

For anyone who is interested, let me ask you, how important is the "door open" illumination to you? I think, in order for these lights to work, you will have to bypass the NSX computer module and tap off the individual switches. I can look up the wiring and instruct other to tap off certain wires, but how comfortable is everyone with doing this? That is my other question.

Let me know your feedback.

Thank You

Can the speedometer and odometer readings be changed from MPH to KPH just as in the s2000? This kit is something that I am totally interested in and will 100% be purchasing once everything is finalized......of course I need some youtube video to see it in action. The s2000 cluster to me is the greatest cluster ever made and to have it in the NSX would be unreal!

Yes, there is a button on the S200 cluster itself, where you can change the reading from MPH to KMPH. the memory is retained in the S2000 cluster itself. The S2000 cluster is a very cool device.
Can the speedometer and odometer readings be changed from MPH to KPH just as in the s2000? This kit is something that I am totally interested in and will 100% be purchasing once everything is finalized......of course I need some youtube video to see it in action. The s2000 cluster to me is the greatest cluster ever made and to have it in the NSX would be unreal!

Dont you have to change some setting for the speedo to read correctly. I know on my friends civic he had to change it because it was not accurate.

Update

I have a few updates to share with you. Sorry this has taken longer then I expected, but I decided to play with changing the S2000 cluster to BLUE! I have not mastered it yet ... but I am getting real close. So the first update is a picture of the BLUE cluster. It needs to be brighter! There are LED's behind it ... but the filter is t strong which is blocking the light. I have some new filters on the way to try in the near future.

S2KBlue003.jpg

Second update ...

I have the CF trim finished and installed. I fianally have the trim panel and all the hardward needed to adapt it to the NSX cluster. I am just finishing the final assembly instructions and my portion of the kit is complete. Here is what the NSX dash looks like with the Carbin Fiber trim finish ...

S2KCF002.jpg

worshippy.gif

Hey all,

I am just giving you some updates and answering some of your questions.

I think I have the "Blue" figured out. I played with some filters and blue gel sheets and it seems to be good. At night is was not hard on the eyes at all. I have not tested duing the day as it has been raining non stop here. From normal liight from the windows in the garage ... it is definately bright enough. I'll finalize this once I get it in the sunlight.

As far as the speedometer, I have it dialed in 2 mph below my GPS. I can get 100%, I just have not done it yet.

Yes you can change from MPH to KM/h simply by pushing the button on the front of the cluster. No need to touch the speedo converter in the harness.

With odometer correction ... I tried something and did work to a certain extent, but it would take too long to convert to the correct millage. I have found a guy that will reprog the odometer to what ever millage you choose, but he is not cheap. I am going to see if we can make a deal with him for several clusters (depending on how much interest we have from you on odometer correction).

Everything on my S2000 cluster works 100% excpet for the door indications. (which does not bother me) We even used a light not used on the S2000 cluster for the TCS indication. The fuel gauge is dialed in as I ran the car almost empty and the fuel light came on and then I filled. RPM is dialed in as right at 8k, limited kicks on.

If you guys need video, I will not be able to get that posted for at least a week. I will be out of town for the next 10 days, then I have to repair a suspension part before I can drive the car.

Let me know if any of you have questions. Chris will post all the pricing on this conversion.

Just a thought... the only thing really stopping me from jumping on this project is the lack of a oil pressure and voltage gauges. I noticed in the outer facia/housing there will be some leftover space (where the CF overlay will be). Can't we fit some sort of digital display for the oil press and the voltage? something like the below. It's not a great example but if you build in the lcd display and cut it into the CF it might not be such a bad idea.

...just trying to brainstorm here

Oil pressure gauge that indicates oil system failure, engine not getting oil should really be a "Buy Engine Light" since it will be too late. An even better idea is for the engine to shut off automatically if there is an interruption of oil..

I'm with you on that statement. Ask Darrin, his friend's oil gauge went low, and then went his engine.
Oil pressure gauge that indicates oil system failure, engine not getting oil should really be a "Buy Engine Light" since it will be too late. An even better idea is for the engine to shut off automatically if there is an interruption of oil..

Hi guys. Darrin and I will be discussion this week, and create the DIY kit. Darrin and I are just trying to find ideas for odometer correction that won't break the bank.
EDIT! Sorry, i was thinking speedo correction. oops!

You probably already know this but what the one from Speedohealer?
DSC00040-1.jpg

Last edited:
I see your point. However, if the worse should ever happen and my oil press = 0 i'd rather blow my engine than get rear ended on the fwy when my car cruises to a stop. At least the last bits of oil droplets will get me to the shoulder without endangering my life.

either way.. it's a bad situation all the way around. :eek:

We have the speedometer calibration taken care of. I wish not too release my secrets on how I made the S2000 conversion to work correctly.
HAHA! Nor should you be releasing any secrets!!! Didn't realize it came off that way. That's seriously good work man. You deserve the credit and the $$$ (hopefully for good guys more like $$) :biggrin:

And btw.. i think most on the NSX forum ppl reward good work. I'd venture to think a handful of us (not me) could probably figure this stuff out if we had months and months to learn the trade. For now.. I'll leave it to the experts.

Last edited:
Back