S2K Cluster in NSX

Yeah this looks pretty cool! Big props for all the RandD behind this!

Just a thought... the only thing really stopping me from jumping on this project is the lack of a oil pressure and voltage gauges. I noticed in the outer facia/housing there will be some leftover space (where the CF overlay will be). Can't we fit some sort of digital display for the oil press and the voltage? something like the below. It's not a great example but if you build in the lcd display and cut it into the CF it might not be such a bad idea.

...just trying to brainstorm here

G_18814G_CL_1.jpg

OR

another option would be to drill out led holes in the CF housing and line up, say... 5 or so LEDs and have it perform like this. Again, these are bad pictures but with some creative imagination I hope it gives you an idea of what i'm talking about.

2007_Kuryakyn_LED_Battery_Gauge.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, you might have something there. I can look into that and possibly make it as an accessory for the kit. I'll talk it over with xory72.
Just a thought... the only thing really stopping me from jumping on this project is the lack of a oil pressure and voltage gauges. I noticed in the outer facia/housing there will be some leftover space (where the CF overlay will be). Can't we fit some sort of digital display for the oil press and the voltage? something like the below. It's not a great example but if you build in the lcd display and cut it into the CF it might not be such a bad idea.

...just trying to brainstorm here

G_18814G_CL_1.jpg

OR

another option would be to drill out led holes in the CF housing and line up, say... 5 or so LEDs and have it perform like this. Again, these are bad pictures but with some creative imagination I hope it gives you an idea of what i'm talking about.

2007_Kuryakyn_LED_Battery_Gauge.jpg

Oh, you might have something there. I can look into that and possibly make it as an accessory for the kit. I'll talk it over with xory72.

Hey guys ... I just took some measurements of the open side area we have to work with if other wants gauges on the sides. You have about 1.5" on each side or a .75 radius. Not much to work with at all. What I was going to eventually do it install a Honda NAV Pod and put my Oil and Volt gauges in there. It is just not a huge concern for me right now.

Chris ... we can talk about the options and see what can be done.

I have also been doing some final test fittings and decided to take a picture of the Black Trim Plate. This is a Semi Gloss paint over the aluminum. I kind of like it. Once I have my final trim piece, I'll install the CF and take pcitures of it.

S2KBlackTrim003.jpg

Will post some more pictures of the Black Trim installed within the next few days.

Once again I am completeting some test fits for final fit and finish. I used the black (semi gloss) trim adaptor this time and took some pictures. (see the pictures below)

As mentioned my final install will be Carbon Fiber. I have the CF, but I'll install it when I have everything finalized with the adpator trim. I am almost there. I am also just completing an instuction manual for the adapter trim so people who purchse this kit can complete the install themselfves with ease.

I am still waiting for these standoffs. With this test fit I made my own standoffs, but for the final product I want it to look as profesional as possible.

S2KBlackTrimLED007.jpg

S2KBlackTrimLED005.jpg

I think it looks fantastic. Even the flat black trim looks probably as OEM as you can get with a retrofit like this.

I still think LEDs (square or round) can be fitted and will look great in the blank space. LEDs don't take too much room, the "brain" and circuitry will have to reside somewhere else. Not having seen how much room is actually behind there... this is all speculation on my end.

another question... I know you probably know every single screw that holds the cluster together by now. Can you give us an estimate of how long it would take, on average, to uninstall/reinstall the NSX cluster pack and this retrofit? I'm assuming your taking a plug'n play approach to the wiring harnesses too.

Reason I ask is because.. if I ever need to get the car smogged they may flag this as "odometer tampering".

I've done a few of these installs in cars before. Some require taking apart the whole dash and steering wheel some just 4 screws.

another question... I know you probably know every single screw that holds the cluster together by now. Can you give us an estimate of how long it would take, on average, to uninstall/reinstall the NSX cluster pack and this retrofit? I'm assuming your taking a plug'n play approach to the wiring harnesses too.

Reason I ask is because.. if I ever need to get the car smogged they may flag this as "odometer tampering".

ryu,

Thanks for your interest in this project. Let me answer questions;

There are 14 screws that need to be removed to take the NSX cluster completely out. You do not have to remove the steering wheel either. If this is your first time doing it, I'd say you can have the NSX cluster out in 30 minutes.

Once you have the S2000 cluster mounted to the bezel using our adaptor trim plate, it will be about the same time putting it back into the dash. Your initial install of the S2000 cluster may take a little longer (1 hour or so). There are a few wires that need to tapped, but after that the harness is plug and play. These wires do not have to removed if you ever reinstall the NSX cluster. You will reinstall 12 of the 14 screws you removed.

As far as the odometer reading ... on the S2000, I think we have a solution on how to get it to your NSX's odometer as long as you purchsed an S2000 cluster that has an odometer reading lower then you NSX's odometer. I am going to test this over the weekend to make sure it works. If it does ... you'll have no issues at your smog testing.

I hope this answers your questions. I've removed and reinstalled the NSX cluster so many times now, I can have it out of a car in less then 10 minutes.
I can have S2000 cluster in the car within 15 minutes. (harness and all)

Cheers,

Last edited:
How's the project going I know we're all anxious. Any eta on time and maybe a rough rough on kit price?
I want to do this to my integra too...pm me for some info maybe a kit or a nsx kit I can modify to use for
The integra
Thanks
Bill

Here's your rough estimate:

The supplies for the cluster and all the connectors and converters, you;re looking at somewhere near $400-$500.

For the trim and dressup, you're looking at somewhere near $100, this price depends on what xory72 wants for his custom trim kits he has made, but I'll verify with him later.

For the labor on my part, I'm looking the charge $200-$300 for custom harness making.

The parts and specific trims are subject to charge per request of the customer. The specific NSX gauge cluster connectors will be a challenge. I know of a couple Honda vehicles that use the same connectors, but to attain the connectors, I might have to go junk yard hunting or buying the gauge clusters of the vehicles cheap by other means. The next and easiest option is to take the connectors straight from the customer's NSX gauge cluster or a damaged gauge cluster.

I'd be intersted in doing your integra gauge cluster conversion.
How's the project going I know we're all anxious. Any eta on time and maybe a rough rough on kit price?
I want to do this to my integra too...pm me for some info maybe a kit or a nsx kit I can modify to use for
The integra
Thanks
Bill

Sounds good! I will pm you about the integra so this thread doesn't go off topic.
You guys this cluster conversion for a pretty much plug and play setup is awesome.
When I get mine back from erick I will make sure to post a few videos on youtube.

Sounds good! I will pm you about the integra so this thread doesn't go off topic.
You guys this cluster conversion for a pretty much plug and play setup is awesome.
When I get mine back from erick I will make sure to post a few videos on youtube.

ntgr8td,

Please work directly with Chris on the conversion for the integra. You will not need my adaptor plate as it will not fit the Interga anyways so you'll have to work something else out for the fit & finish in the Integra.

As far as updates ... Looks like I have finally found a solution for the "standoffs" that are needed for mounting the cluster to the adapator plate and NSX trim bezel.

I was also playing with illumination etc. to make the cluster brighter ... had very good results but need to refine a few things to make it better.

So ... later this week I will be doing a some what final install with the CF finish and will post pictures.

Also ... Chris will be putting together a complete Kit price for this conversion in case others that to install it. Please let him know how many are intersted. Note, there are few things you will need to do once you receive the KIT. (Dremel tool needed) Some of this can be done by us, but pleae let Chris know so he can price accordingly.

If you have any questions, please PM Chris. All I have in this is the adaptor plate which is pretty straight forward to install. (again Dremel needed)

Updates to come soon!

Update

I have a few updates to share with you. Sorry this has taken longer then I expected, but I decided to play with changing the S2000 cluster to BLUE! I have not mastered it yet ... but I am getting real close. So the first update is a picture of the BLUE cluster. It needs to be brighter! There are LED's behind it ... but the filter is t strong which is blocking the light. I have some new filters on the way to try in the near future.

S2KBlue003.jpg

Second update ...

I have the CF trim finished and installed. I fianally have the trim panel and all the hardward needed to adapt it to the NSX cluster. I am just finishing the final assembly instructions and my portion of the kit is complete. Here is what the NSX dash looks like with the Carbin Fiber trim finish ...

S2KCF002.jpg

That is awesome!!!

Might want to check the blue under sunlight once you get to it. Really good job so far guys.
Update

I have a few updates to share with you. Sorry this has taken longer then I expected, but I decided to play with changing the S2000 cluster to BLUE! I have not mastered it yet ... but I am getting real close. So the first update is a picture of the BLUE cluster. It needs to be brighter! There are LED's behind it ... but the filter is t strong which is blocking the light. I have some new filters on the way to try in the near future.

Second update ...

I have the CF trim finished and installed. I fianally have the trim panel and all the hardward needed to adapt it to the NSX cluster. I am just finishing the final assembly instructions and my portion of the kit is complete. Here is what the NSX dash looks like with the Carbin Fiber trim finish ...

looks terrific!
if i may suggest something- the reason honda uses red/amber lights is the night driving. that color hue impedes your night-vision the least.

i tried the blue film too that i used on my clock, ac and radio controls too but probably does need stronger lighting.

hope you're almost done with the bezel kit. we need it!

Hey Erick,

Yes ... you are correct! Just the blue gel film will not work. There are a few tricks you need to do in order for the display to appear. I think I have 30about LEDs in there so the bightness is not the problem. the problem is the filter I am using is blocking too much of the light. If you use just the gel film it is to transparent.

BTW ... PM sent with regards to the adaptor.

Back