S2K Cluster in NSX

Good to know Mr Goat. Patiently waiting........

Excellent work. If I did not love mechanical gauges I would be on this like flies to stink.

Thank you for your nice comments guys! I think the S2000 instrument cluster offers a couple of advantages but in the end it's all about design preference, with the main difference in this case being obviously the mechanical vs digital technology. With a couple of visual upgrades of the NSX gauge assembly, such as some nice aluminium rings and maybe a carbon fiber trim plate it looks stunning as well to me.

Best regards,

That's awesome! Hmmmm.....sooo tempting!

btw - Can you invent a quicker ratio steering rack or something?

I do love the customizable led options for the s2k cluster, that almost had me.

Thanks guys! :smile:

Different ratio steering rack, why not? Haha another day. I like the white LED one, fairly neutral and modern:

attachment.php

Best regards,

Attachments

• whiteLED.jpg
    whiteLED.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 846
I did this in my Integra many years ago and just stumbled upon this thread, as I've never seen it in an NSX. The reason I did it in my car was to have the easy to view sequential lights for shift points. It's like having a much nicer looking Stack setup while retaining the OEM look and keeping all the daily driver warning lights, a good compromise between street and track (although I must admit the standard gauge setup in the NSX is very nice).

I fitted the S2000 cluster to my NSX a while ago but didn't get a chance to road test is as I was deployed overseas (again! ).
Today I finally got it on the road but hit a MAJOR problem, the speedo doesn't register anything at all. I used a gps too and took the car up to 65 , but the cluster still registered Zero. I know there is a speedo healer attached that I thought had been set, but would it have lost its settings the lack of use?
Any ideas welcome guys

Jim

I fitted the S2000 cluster to my NSX a while ago but didn't get a chance to road test is as I was deployed overseas (again! ).
Today I finally got it on the road but hit a MAJOR problem, the speedo doesn't register anything at all. I used a gps too and took the car up to 65 , but the cluster still registered Zero. I know there is a speedo healer attached that I thought had been set, but would it have lost its settings the lack of use?
Any ideas welcome guys

Jim

Are we assuming you did not use this kit(Swedish) and tried it on your own....

Last edited:
Hi docjohn, The kit was bought a couple of years ago from one of the members on here apkarian100.

The cluster is the AP2 version.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have been thinking about the issie with my S2000 cluster. I think the problem should be easily traces as it can only be 1 of 3 things, it's either :a - a problem with the speed sensor transmitting to the gauge.b - a problem with the wiring kit.c - a problem with the cluster itself.My solution will be to remove the S2000 cluster and reconnect the original one. If it works then it's either the wiring loom or the cluster.I am guessing this new kit that if for same in the vendor section is a more tired and tested version of what I have, and if that's the case I might have to purchase a new set.

Last edited:
Update:

All is well, it turns out that the programming of the speedo healer was wrong, I've re programmed it and now all is working well.
The temp gauge didn't change though but I'm putting that down to the fact it was a old day and I only covered 5 miles as a test run

Back