S2K Cluster in NSX

You have a point, but I think the S2K cluster has modern styling cues, compared to the Corvette:

045.jpg
I can appreciate all the quality work that went into this, and I can see that it provides an alternative to the stock NSX cluster. However, I did chuckle at the following statement:

I have a car with an instrument cluster that has
1. A tri-color LCD display
2. Graphic speedometer readout plus a digital display of speed
3. Graphic tach in the shape of the engine's torque curve, plus a digital readout of the RPM
4. Bar graph readout of the fuel level plus a warning "light" (actually, a square that lights up on the LCD display) for low fuel
5. Digital readout of oil temp and oil pressure, with a warning "light" if either is out of range
6. Digital readout of coolant temperature plus an out of range warning "light"
7. Digital reaodut of charging voltage plus an out of range warning "light"
8. Some other usual LCD indicators (sealt belt, turn signal, high beams, etc)
9. Selectable Digital trip OD or range indicator
10 Selectable instantaneous or average MPG digital readout

Which of my three cars has that? The '84 Corvette! So, is this an update or a step back in time? :biggrin:

In any case, nice work.:wink:

Hello thread followers ....

Chris (apkarian100) has posted in the VENDOR section with a KIT price for this conversion if any of you are interested.

Here is think to the thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126349

I have had mine in the car for 3 months now, taken in and out of the car probably 100 + times ... and it has been flawless. You can also PM Chris directly for questions etc.

Hello thread followers ....

Chris (apkarian100) has posted in the VENDOR section with a KIT price for this conversion if any of you are interested.

Here is think to the thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126349

I have had mine in the car for 3 months now, taken in and out of the car probably 100 + times ... and it has been flawless. You can also PM Chris directly for questions etc.
May I ask why it's been taken in and out so many times?:confused:

May I ask why it's been taken in and out so many times?:confused:

Sure,

I did all the original testing. Since there was no reference on line or anywhere else, you can only imaging that some things did not work right from the get go. Chris does not have an NSX to test with ... so my car was the test car. We (Chris and I) spent many hours on the phone with testing in the car over wire taps needed, resistor changes, converter changes, wire harness length etc.

Then I did all the final finishing and figuring out how to mount the cluster in the dash using the NSX parts as much as I could. This would illiminate having future customers buying this kit to try and find someone local to make a custom bezel for them. It just meant more $$. I manufactured the "adaptor plate" which I had to tweak and make changes to 3-4 times before I got it right. I then played with different finishes (aluminum, Black, and Carbon Fiber) to give Prime Members different looks with pictures etc.

I decided to convert the illumination to LED to make it brighter, which worked great. I then wanted the play with chaging the display to blue illumination to see what it would look like and if it was functional in day light at night. This took several tires and I still do not have it completly right, but I am almot there.

I now have to remove it a few more times to get Blue illumination dialed in and finally to get my odometer changed to the correct millage of my car. After that ... I will not have to take it out again.

So ... buying the kit ... all the R&D is done for you. You just simply have to install it and your done. Being the first, all this stuff had to be figured out and with that comes installing it and taking it out several times.

I hope this explains why I have had it in and out so many times.

Last edited:
Great job you guys. Lots and lots and lots of work and research. Thank you guys for being
So creative and taking your time to offer such a nice and complete kit. Many people will be thrilled I'm sure.

Good job again you guys

Bill

Great job you guys. Lots and lots and lots of work and research. Thank you guys for being
So creative and taking your time to offer such a nice and complete kit. Many people will be thrilled I'm sure.

Good job again you guys

Bill

Thanks Bill! We really appreciate that. I know you have been waiting patiently for yours. Have you received yours from Erick yet?

Darrin

Hey there!
Still patiently waiting. Erick is a busy guy. He said he's getting closer. One of these days
I'll have a magic box appear with a cluster in it making it one of the happiest moments in my life!lol.
Again congrats guys good job.

On a side note a d plug for these guys...450 is SUPER cheap for their harness and a few hundred more
For a factory looking carbon piece? What more could a guy ask for. Great price.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the kind words and explanation in helping explain the cost of thsi kit.

Hopefully you will get you cluster from Erick soon. When you do .. I am sure you will be installing it a.s.a.p. I am going to remove mine one more time to get the odometer corrected and play with the LED / gel sheet colors.

Let me know of you have any questions once you get to the installtion point.

How's the sales going guys! These kits are probably flying out the window. Havnt heard from erick in a few weeks...hopefully
He's almost done with mine. Looks like he's been busy with other projects. See guys...there is a lot of r &d that went into the development of this
Kit.

How's the sales going guys! These kits are probably flying out the window. Havnt heard from erick in a few weeks...hopefully
He's almost done with mine. Looks like he's been busy with other projects. See guys...there is a lot of r &d that went into the development of this
Kit.

Bill,

Thanks for checking in. I am nto sure how "kits' are going. Chria posted in the vendor section and I know he has sold a few, but has also just built harnesses for others.

Nonetheless, mine has been running perfect and I have been enjoying every minute of it. Let us know once you get your installed. Also, please post some pictures.

Cheers!

xory hows that cluster of yours looking? any new pictures? get your filters finally all dialed in? im still waiting for my cluster :( show us some new pics :)

bill

xory hows that cluster of yours looking? any new pictures? get your filters finally all dialed in? im still waiting for my cluster :( show us some new pics :)

bill

Hey Bill,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for asking about the S2000 cluster. I have the cluster in perminantely now so I will have to take a few pictures. I decided to isntall it with the "Carbon" trim and I did have the odometer programmed to reflecct my correct mialge on the car.

I will have to snap a picture and post the final install. I have also coverted to LED illumination and took out all the bulbs. I found that the the S2000 cluster was just no bright enoungh especially if I had my Targa off. This is because in the S2000, the cluster sits at an angle and it is pushed back a little. When installed in the NSX, you cannot get the angle like the S2000 as there is not enough depth behind the dash.

So ... the LED's solved the problem. As far as changing the gauge illumination to blue, I was getting real close, and stopped as I just wanted the cluster installed as car show season was approaching. I might get back on it this winter, but I also want to get my NAV POD and CAMP2 guages installed.

Next time I drive the car ... I snap a picture of the dash and post it.

bill

Hi Bill!

Well you aksed I post a few pictures of the final install. I drove my car today so I was able to snap a few pictures of the S2000's cluster final installation. Here a couple with the flash so you can see the Carbon fiber trim and one with no flash so you can see the brightness of the rear LED's.

Let me know if you have any questions.

S2KFinalInstall1.jpg

S2KFinalInstall2.jpg

S2KFinalInstall3.jpg

Wow....i was reading the post and saw u were from new bern. I lived there for about 4/5 years. Nice dash!

Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread, however, I am just getting round to installing this kit into my car, I just wondered if anyone who has done this can help me out. I'm a little confused where to connect the wire from the ECU for the temp sensor. I know I have to attach it to a wire in the harness but I can't figure it out which one.

Any help greatly appreciated

Jim

With a lot of perseverance , frustration and a fair bit of swearing!! I finally got it fitted

Curious to see pictures.

Usually I take photos as I go along, but in this instance I didn't, but I do have a couple of the finished article, I'll post them up when I can.

Please do Mutley. I was late to get my order in when this thread started. Now I have the
S2k cluster and no kit to install it. :(

Hi guys!

I would just like to let you know that I have started a company and I'm developing a complete Plug & Play kit for a S2000 cluster swap into the NSX. I'm not registered as a vendor yet so I can't market anything, I'm just letting you know that it's on the way. Hold on to your S2000 clusters! :smile: Both AP1's and 04-05 AP2's are compatible.

I will also offer a reprogramming service for the S2000 cluster odometer to match your vehicle's current mileage.

I have three working prototypes of which one is being successfully used in my own car at the moment, I'm in the process of the quality assurance and getting all the details perfect. Stay put! A little teaser pic:

IMG_1405.jpg

Very cool and ambitious project. But I will agree with some other that "I" personally prefer a mechanical sweep gauge. But great work buddy!

Back