race with F355

Status
Not open for further replies.
last weekend when I was driving home and encountering a red 355 spider. The driver looks cocky in his car and told me there's no competition bewteen my nsx and his 355 at red light.
of course when the light turned green we both started quick and I can hear his engine screaming. I had to admit 355 was my dream car( now is the 360 Modena) however, 355 wasn't as fast as I would expect and we were actually about same fast from the line all the way to 3rd gear. Then the 355 slowed down. I was really surprised and wondering if the guy didn't drive his car hard.

Originally posted by NSEX:
however, 355 wasn't as fast as I would expect and we were actually about same fast from the line all the way to 3rd gear. Then the 355 slowed down. I was really surprised and wondering if the guy didn't drive his car hard.

From the reviews and comparisons Ive come across, it seems that both cars are fairly evenly matched in 0-60. Launching and shifting technique probably have a bigger influence here.

It sounds like you guys had to worry about stoplights meaning you probably didnt get to see the top of 3rd. Its around there that the gap will start to widen between the 355 and the NSX.

I driven the spyder and berlinnetta and I must say that the spyder is noticably slower that the belinnetta. IMO the spyder is slower than the NSX. But the berlinnetta is definetely faster. Especially in high gears.

If Dominic Toretto was with you, you woulda smoked him!

K. I win the contest for oldest post revival.

Last edited:
I have been watching videos of various Ferraris and Lamborghinis...and I tend to agree with what is being said about the 355...its an absolutley stunning car...but it is not blistering quick - the same could be said about the Countach - which bring sus to the point of contention that we all know...the NSX is the best bang for your buck...hands down:cool:

so ends my sermon...lol

Dam

.....It sounds like you guys had to worry about stoplights meaning you probably didnt get to see the top of 3rd. Its around there that the gap will start to widen between the 355 and the NSX.

375.00 BHP (276 KW) @ 8250.00 RPM
Torque 268.00 Ft-Lbs (363.4 NM) @ 6000.00 RPM

I've had the luck of driving a F1 355 drop top years ago......... unattended (the owner just made $400 million with an IPO and was handing out keys for folks to drive his 355 that he just purchased.

I hammered the hell outta it and was really disappointed that it was slower than my FD off the line from a rolling start. Ferrari's wheels are heavy. So I figured that since the wheels are heavy and the power band is near Redline, that in order for them to obtain their 0-60 mph numbers they must have really revved up that engine prior to dumping the clutch.

last weekend when I was driving home and encountering a red NSX. The driver looks cocky in his car and told me there's no competition bewteen my RX7 (or Supra) and his NSX at red light.
of course when the light turned green we both started quick and I can hear his engine screaming. I had to admit NSX was my dream car however, NSX wasn't as fast as I would expect and we were actually about same fast from the line all the way to 3rd gear. Then the NSX slowed down. I was really surprised and wondering if the guy didn't drive his car hard.

Some choice words were replaced to emulate a good number of posts that I have seen on the other 2 forums.....
:)

I had a 1995 NSX, and raced a F355 spider, and that car killed me, I had absolutely no chance what so ever. I raced the same F355 with my 03 NSX, and my car is slight faster after 60 mph.

So NA1 "T" is much slower than the coupe and NA2. That's from personal experience.

Some choice words were replaced to emulate a good number of posts that I have seen on the other 2 forums.....
:)

You really seem obsessed with comparing the NSX to other cars and justifying the worth of the FD relative to the NSX. You should enjoy them both and stop caring about such things.

the 355 definitly is fast than the nsx. It depends on the driver and upgrades on the car.

Im not sure how a 3.0L V6 can out power a 3.5L V8.

I own both cars and the 355 just gets up to speed like its no body's business. In the nsx you notice the amount of time it takes to get up to 100mph but in the 355 its pretty darn quick. In the canyons, with the 355, i always take turns faster than expected because i just dont expect the car to be up to speed in such a short straight away. The NSX was consistant and i never felt 'oh shit, im going in too quick for this turn'.

375HP/268TQ at FW for the 355 vs 280HP and 2xx TQ at flywheel for the nsx. the nsx only put down 180-190 tq in stock form.

My 355 has K&N drop in, custom headers and tubi.... and the nsx has i,e,test pipes.

I'll strap the 355 down on the dyno after i get the oil changed. when is my damn 60$ oil filter coming!?!?!

the 355 spyder is slower than the 355B.

wow i wish i could bank 400million in an IPO. Free superchargers for everyone on prime :D

btw,both cars are beautiful, im thankful that we are lucky enough to own either one.

Theres a video on youtube where a magazine drag raced a F355 and NSX.
You would think with 100 more hp the Ferrari would win, but it doesn't.

I think from now on when someone ask how much power my car has I'm going to tell them it has 380FHP.

FHP = Ferrari Horse Power

You really seem obsessed with comparing the NSX to other cars and justifying the worth of the FD relative to the NSX. You should enjoy them both and stop caring about such things.

He's gotta do something while the FD is in the shop..LOL

He's gotta do something while the FD is in the shop..LOL

All kidding aside, those kinds of comments only fuel his obsession with justifying the worth of the FD.

All kidding aside, those kinds of comments only fuel his obsession with justifying the worth of the FD.

:confused: I wasn't kidding. He has the NSX for when he knows he actually needs to make it somewhere w/o a tow truck:biggrin:

:confused: I wasn't kidding. He has the NSX for when he knows he actually needs to make it somewhere w/o a tow truck:biggrin:

LOL usually signifies one is making a joke, even if it is based on reality.

LOL usually signifies one is making a joke, even if it is based on reality.

Sorry I meant that I was laughing because it's funny. He's obsession is okay and I'm sure his car is fast...when it runs.

355's aren't as fast as one would expect a ferrari to be. I've smoked (cake walk) many in my other car but it had over 400hp. I hope and reckon a modded 3.2 should be able to take the 355. 355 is a good base chassis compared to the modena and 430 because it's lighter and smaller, most of the track guys who mod their ferrari's use the 355. Can't wait to have my chance with one in the nsx. I think the true test would be high end speeds, neither of these cars are good dragsters...IMO

i only have no cats and AIS and my car from a 1st gear roll start, was side by side with a 360 Modena....my car was dynoed with 304hp to the crank..in 5th gear

355's aren't as fast as one would expect a ferrari to be. I've smoked (cake walk) many in my other car but it had over 400hp. I hope and reckon a modded 3.2 should be able to take the 355. 355 is a good base chassis compared to the modena and 430 because it's lighter and smaller, most of the track guys who mod their ferrari's use the 355. Can't wait to have my chance with one in the nsx. I think the true test would be high end speeds, neither of these cars are good dragsters...IMO

I like that. In addition to lighter weight, does the NSX have more favorable gearing?

Earlier this morning I came across a F1 430.

Too bad for the rush hour traffic. The driver wanted to play with my 400~RWHP FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back