• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Prospeed Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters

Re: Prospeed Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters!

As am I. I haven't been this excited since I got my first go kart aged ~4. After this waiting I hope it is worth it. I guess shipping will take around a week so I am booking my car in for fitting the following week, and the dyno the following day. Hopefully the good weather will last......

Any update on the tracking number, or are we going to get fobbed off for the umpteenth time?

Cats are done and ready to be shipped. I will have time to ship it out tomorrow. Thanks again Paul for your patience. I will PM you with the tracking #. The same address I shipped the other cats should be good?

Cats are done and ready to be shipped. I will have time to ship it out tomorrow. Thanks again Paul for your patience. I will PM you with the tracking #. The same address I shipped the other cats should be good?

Brian,

Good news! PLease ship to the same address with the same package labelling as before.

Thank you

Regards, Paul

Lets throw a Party, I'm buying the booze!!!
Putting my baseball bat away as well Brian....lol.
Now, lets buy turbos!!!
Trev
Think I'll post that GTLW Exhaust I bought from you for sale this week or next.
Thanks man for the fun!

Lets throw a Party, I'm buying the booze!!!
Putting my baseball bat away as well Brian....lol.
Now, lets buy turbos!!!
Trev
Think I'll post that GTLW Exhaust I bought from you for sale this week or next.
Thanks man for the fun!

Thanks Trev you are always entertaining!

Paul! PM sent!

Hi Brian,

PM replied with details

Trev,

I'm pleased I didn't need your 'persuader' in the end :wink:

regards, Paul

PS, Brian, if you have any new bolts/springs or gaskets spare feel free to chuck them in the box ... be nice to use new ones for the installs :smile:

Hi Brian,

PM replied with details

Trev,

I'm pleased I didn't need your 'persuader' in the end :wink:

regards, Paul

PS, Brian, if you have any new bolts/springs or gaskets spare feel free to chuck them in the box ... be nice to use new ones for the installs :smile:

Let me know when you get it! Thanks again bud!

Hi Brian,

A quick note to let you know that all sets have now been installed. We had a minor mod requirement to one of the 95-02 sets as they are now on the only UK based JDM Type S!

Mine went on today and install was a breeze! So for quality etc they get a 10/10 from me and the guys.

We will be heading for the rolling road in the next few weeks so hopefully will be reporting a few extra ponies too.

Sound change on mine was interesting. It actually made cruising quieter whilst adding some extra bark above 5k ... which I played with a little too much as the blue lights in my rear view mirror advised :rolleyes:

To anyone else thinking about these, you can read in this thread that we've had a long wait due to elements outside of Brians control at times, together with him moving locations.
However, at no time did Brian not return a call or pm. So whilst he may sometimes be ambitious with his lead times, he has delivered all of us in the UK with some high quality parts that are a tribute to the amount of R&D he put into them.

Aftermarket suppliers of quality parts for our NSX are few and far between, but the good parts are worth waiting for.

Many Thanx Brian ... now if only you could open up and tune the OBDII box :wink:

Regards, Paul

I love happy endings...:smile:

I sure love my ProSpeed cats...highly recommended.

***SMOG CHECK UPDATE***

I had my 91 smogged yesterday for the first time since I have put on the HFCs. It DID NOT pass the first time around.

Summary results were as follows: @ 15mph

%CO2 measured = 13.5
%O2 measured = 1.5
HC (PPM) Max allowable = 114; Measured = 229 (FAIL)
CO % Max allowable = 0.73; measured = 0.71

At the 25mph test the car passed but it has to pass at both speeds so overall the car did not pass.

The mechanic said this was definately related to the cats so he said he would run it again but try and get the cats hotter.

The car DID PASS after the second attempt (and the mechanic working some magic) with summarized numbers as follows: @ 15mph

%CO2 measured = 14.7
%O2 measured = 0.4
HC (PPM) Max = 114; Measured = 61
CO% Max = 0.73; Measured = 0.13

yup as u can see its very important to heat the cats up to their normal operating temp b4 getting smog done... :)

do you have the 300 cell or 400 cell cats?

yup as u can see its very important to heat the cats up to their normal operating temp b4 getting smog done... :)

do you have the 300 cell or 400 cell cats?

prior to the test I had driven the car for 1 hour and the car sat for about 10 minutes before the test was taken.

It just that the rules CA uses for testing make it difficult to pass when you have these type of cats on.

Anyway I passed and I am happy.

Hi Brian,

A quick note to let you know that all sets have now been installed. We had a minor mod requirement to one of the 95-02 sets as they are now on the only UK based JDM Type S!

Mine went on today and install was a breeze! So for quality etc they get a 10/10 from me and the guys.

We will be heading for the rolling road in the next few weeks so hopefully will be reporting a few extra ponies too.

Sound change on mine was interesting. It actually made cruising quieter whilst adding some extra bark above 5k ... which I played with a little too much as the blue lights in my rear view mirror advised :rolleyes:

To anyone else thinking about these, you can read in this thread that we've had a long wait due to elements outside of Brians control at times, together with him moving locations.
However, at no time did Brian not return a call or pm. So whilst he may sometimes be ambitious with his lead times, he has delivered all of us in the UK with some high quality parts that are a tribute to the amount of R&D he put into them.

Aftermarket suppliers of quality parts for our NSX are few and far between, but the good parts are worth waiting for.

Many Thanx Brian ... now if only you could open up and tune the OBDII box :wink:

Regards, Paul

Again I'm really sorry for it taking an eternity! I'm glad however that you guys ended up happy with the quality! Paul and the UK guys have been extremely patient and understanding along the way. Thanks again for giving me a chance to come through for you guys!

Cheers!:smile:

Dhalsim,

I'm glad you passed! You're right that it is difficult to pass with the 300cell cores in CA... especially if you don't get them hot enough. Hope you like the weight savings and new sound of them as well! :biggrin:

Dhalsim,

I'm glad you passed! You're right that it is difficult to pass with the 300cell cores in CA... especially if you don't get them hot enough. Hope you like the weight savings and new sound of them as well! :biggrin:

They sound great. No more worries for 2 years. :biggrin:

Re: PROSPEED Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters!

The 300 cell should not throw a CEL and it will give you the best flow for the OBDII cars.

It does for me

P0420 - Rear Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
P0430 - Front Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

Getting this while driving the car hard. Still, at least I didn't have to wait long for them - if I was waiting for a whole year for delivery, I would've been mighty pissed off!

Any idea why my CATS are triggering CEL?

I'm not sure why they are triggering the CEL. Have you tried resetting the ecu? Sometimes the O2 sensors get damaged during the removal process or wd40 gets on thema and they throw a CEL.

I'm not sure why they are triggering the CEL. Have you tried resetting the ecu? Sometimes the O2 sensors get damaged during the removal process or wd40 gets on thema and they throw a CEL.

Initially reset the ECU but it happened so often that I borrowed an OBDII reader. I am getting

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0420
and
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0430

which implies that the cats aren't efficient enough under certain conditions. The other 02+ car is getting the same problem. The O2 sensors appear fine - they are both showing on the EasyOBD GUI.

Initially reset the ECU but it happened so often that I borrowed an OBDII reader. I am getting

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0420
and
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0430

which implies that the cats aren't efficient enough under certain conditions. The other 02+ car is getting the same problem. The O2 sensors appear fine - they are both showing on the EasyOBD GUI.

I have a CEL fix for it. I can mail it out to you guys if you need it. We haven't had any problems over here in the obd-2 cars with a CEL so it's interesting why it's throwing a code. PM me with your address and i'll send it to you. Thanks!

I have a set for the 91-94 in stock. If you guys need a set PM me.

I was thinking of doing another Prospeed Rom tune service and Hi-flow cats combo package. If anyone is interested hit me up. I will have them at a great price!

How about a ROM tune for OBD II? lol :eek::biggrin:

Oh and a side note, my rear bank cats are rattling against the rear sway bar which is the daily 0.875" one..... :(

Last edited:
Back