Ortega/Palomar Run 4!! Sunday, Aug 10

Yeah it was a lot of fun!!! It was WAY too hot for my car and way too hot for no top on!!!!!!!!!! But its always great hangin with you guys, thanx to everyone for puttin it together. Maybe we can do a mini-run after the meeting Thursday(?) Nothing like sucking air 50 degrees cooler than I was today!! I got 4 check engine lights on the way home bumper to bumper on that last stretch to oceanside. It had to be high temp, I drove around newport all night not a single check lite came on.

Last edited:
great run guys!!
they just keep getting better!

next time... i vote we skip the temecula/warner springs portion of the run and keep driving down the 15 to the 76 towards palomar.
THEN DO THE PALOMAR LOOP TWICE!!!!

Great Turnout!!!

Great pictures, guys!! Looks (and sounds) like it was loads of fun. I'm really bummed I couldn't make it. :(

So many new cars again. It amazes me that no matter how many of these events you go to, you'll always get to see new faces and NSXs.

-Randy

Even though traffic sucked, the run up Palomar was pretty cool. Thanks Mike for getting this run started. Thanks Dave, Chris, Steve, etc for the logistics... the maps, the drivers meetings, sweeping the group, making sure everyone gets through safely. Thanks again!

It was hot as hell... you guys running with your T panels off are nuts.

Roadster, did you leave early from Palomar? I couldn't find you afterwards and I couldn't stop by Harrah's.

Thunderous Z06, you Vette guys sure know how to fight your way through traffic! Yikes! ;)

It was good seeing everyone again.

P.S. Chris... those are some nice wheels. :D

Thanks for setting it up guys! I also had a great time on my first Prime run.

Best part was drive down Palomar mountain. Finally had a chance to push it a little harder after all of that traffic. Fun stuff. We need to do the loop up the mountain twice next time!

Powered By Honda, sorry I missed you at the stopping point. I went down to Harrah's after a few of us drove up to the telescope on Mt. Palomar. Your car sounded great, especially when you opened it up under the overpass!

Harrah's was fun. Played some blackjack with Ramon & Supergreen. Somehow walked away with some extra $$ in my pocket.

Looking forward to the next one.

Roadster

Thanks Roadster. Did you get a chance to hear K2's Flowmaster? He has 2.5" in and out piping.

Let me know if you decide to have the fab done down here. I'll try to stop by...

I almost forgot to mention... even though my car was filthy... people said it looked clean... (unless they were just being nice... hahah)

ss_md even took a picture of it! :) (thanks Scott)

Even though it was the cleanest my car has ever been after a drive... I washed it when I got home.

ThunderousZ06 said:
I want to thank all you NSXers for letting us Vettes run with you. We all had a blast!

Mike thanks for setting up the run and Dave thanks for organizing.

Palomar was my favorite part of the run, I can't wait for the next one.

George

Agreed. Thanks a bunch for letting us tag along :D

Met a bunch of cool peeps, but doubt I will remember any names!

-- Tony

Back