Ortega/Palomar Run 4!! Sunday, Aug 10

My chances of attending have gone up significantly. But I'm still not 100% sure.

Is it OK if I show up in my dirty NSX? (to piss Mike off) I haven't washed it since the day after NSX Prime Canyon 3. :D

I'm bad. (to the bone)

Roadster, it would be great to meet you and the others as well...

POWERED by HONDA said:

Is it OK if I show up in my dirty NSX? (to piss Mike off) I haven't washed it since the day after NSX Prime Canyon 3. :D
That's unacceptable there, buddy!! Especially after you went through all that effort to get an exhaust setup installed. Go wash that thing!!!
-Randy

POWERED by HONDA said:
we won't be upset, just... disappointed:p

Wash it!

Powered, if you wash it, I'll buy you a grand-slam.

I got a new Sony P10 5MP camera I want to try out and don't feel like editing out your dirty car
flamer.gif

See you guys there!
Dave

driver%20dude.gif

I'm in

Hey Fellas

Newbie to the Orgega run events but looking forward to the event. Keep me posted if anyone is caravaning from Irvine.

Ed

If there are enough interest, we can meet at the starbucks on Culver and Walnut at 8:00. We can take off at 8:15 and be at the meeting place by 8:30

It has been the regular meeting place for many caravans in the past.

9:00AM Meeting Place

The thought was to do this the same as before so meeting place will be Denny's on Ortega Hwy and the 5Fwy behind the Chevron.

9-10AM we'll hang for some conversation and grand-slams and depart promptly at 10.

I'll have the maps there and will hand out to everyone.

My vote is all cars are ok unless someone has a strong opinion to the contrary. Is the A4 wagon repaired yet?????

This is always a fun ride!

Dave

Has there been any thought to moving the main meeting spot? That parking lot seemed a bit cramped last time, and that was with just a few cars.
-Randy

we should be ok randy.
about 15 cars will fit along the fence at chevron. plus a few between the entrances. and then the denny's lot for overflow.
like dave said, i don't really know of any places around there with bigger parking lots.

Not unless we want to invade a nearby street, which may be an idea if there's not much traffic. For the FCA Ortega Run, there were 70+ cars lined up at a T in a residential area where the two lanes merge into 1 a few miles up the road...

Just a thought. Plenty of kerb space along side streets.

Sunny

supergreen125 said:
we should be ok randy.
about 15 cars will fit along the fence at chevron. plus a few between the entrances. and then the denny's lot for overflow.
like dave said, i don't really know of any places around there with bigger parking lots.

Sounds kewl then. No need to change.

-Randy

I'll do a recon mission tomorrow on my way to work and try to scope out a larger lot/spot in the area...I think I have one in mind, just up Ortega about a mile from Denny's...I'll let you know on Thursday.....

manx469 said:
Let me know where you guys are going to caravan from? I live in OC.
the oc guys are probably just going to drive directly from their homes (like me.)
any caravan would happen from san diego or la

Thats Right Guys, from my garage to Denny's!

By the Way, I may have a suprise guest in my passenger seat. It's not a chick. Hint: He's not coming along with me because he is curious what a TURBO NSX feels like.

I scoped out the area yesterday and.....The Denny's lot is tiny. If there is only 10 of us that show up, it's fine......15 to 20 and it'll be tight, especially on a Sunday morning. Although there is a wall(red curb) that you could park for a little while I guess....BUT, there is a huge lot about 200 yards east of Denny's in a shopping center on the southeast corner of Rancho Viejo Rd and Ortega Hwy...There will be plenty of room there on a sunday morning for sure.... make a right on Rancho Viejo and your first left into the lot...the spot is right off to the left once you enter the lot....
I say that if you want to eat at Denny's go ahead and go there, then meet at the rally point(shopping center) @9:30 and head out about 10:00...That way there is alot more room to hang out, take some pics, shoot the sh!t and check out some sick rides in a less cramped, no traffic enviroment.....

What do ya think???

91 X said:
I say that if you want to eat at Denny's go ahead and go there, then meet at the rally point(shopping center) @9:30 and head out about 10:00...That way there is alot more room to hang out, take some pics, shoot the sh!t and check out some sick rides in a less cramped, no traffic enviroment.....

What do ya think???

I like the sound of that....particularly the part about meeting there @ 9:30. Gives me an extra hour of sleep. :D

-Randy

we can use the gas station tooooo....

91 X said:
I scoped out the area yesterday and.....The Denny's lot is tiny. If there is only 10 of us that show up, it's fine......15 to 20 and it'll be tight, especially on a Sunday morning. Although there is a wall(red curb) that you could park for a little while I guess....BUT, there is a huge lot about 200 yards east of Denny's in a shopping center on the southeast corner of Rancho Viejo Rd and Ortega Hwy...There will be plenty of room there on a sunday morning for sure.... make a right on Rancho Viejo and your first left into the lot...the spot is right off to the left once you enter the lot....

What do ya think???

Back