Oil Filter Wrench Size

I'm looking to buy an Oil Filter Wrench. I've found the OEM Part number 07AAA-PAAA100
Doing some looking on Amazon, Ebay, etc. Some have this listed as a "68MM Oil Filter Wrench" and some have it listed as a "65MM"
Does anyone know if it's a 68MM or 65MM for our cars?

I ask because I live in Hawaii and not everyone will ship it to me, so I'm having to find a possible aftermarket one.
Thanks!

Your best bet is to use oil filter pliers.

I will use a huge pipe wrench because I can find that tool easier....a little tricky to orientate, but it is very persuasive.

I have found the actual sized tool to be a real pain to use and is often unsuccessful too

I'm looking to buy an Oil Filter Wrench. I've found the OEM Part number 07AAA-PAAA100
Doing some looking on Amazon, Ebay, etc. Some have this listed as a "68MM Oil Filter Wrench" and some have it listed as a "65MM"
Does anyone know if it's a 68MM or 65MM for our cars?

I ask because I live in Hawaii and not everyone will ship it to me, so I'm having to find a possible aftermarket one.
Thanks!
You need 80mm 15 flute.

I have an 80/82 one that works great
79f2fdbe85280a9e550bb1a2fffdf721.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Steelman-061...filter+wrench&qid=1554867367&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Thank you everyone. I'm thinking the Wrench is probably the best choice. I need an Oil Filter to measure it. Does anyone know if the oil filter is bigger than 4 1/2" in Diameter? There's 2 wrench sizes. One is up to 4 1/2" and the other is up to 5 1/2". It's a tight space, so I figured to not get the larger one if I can help it.
https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-5866-12-Inch-Filter-Pliers/dp/B000NPUKG6/

Thank you everyone. I'm thinking the Wrench is probably the best choice. I need an Oil Filter to measure it. Does anyone know if the oil filter is bigger than 4 1/2" in Diameter? There's 2 wrench sizes. One is up to 4 1/2" and the other is up to 5 1/2". It's a tight space, so I figured to not get the larger one if I can help it.

I don't think the oil filter is more than 4" diameter.

I use a run of the mill oil filter wrench, the old fashioned metal band type. I probably got it for my 1st gen Legend. Hasn't failed me yet. It is a tight space, but one only needs a little bit of movement to get loosening started.

Probably half the time (on all my cars) I can use just my hand to get the filter off. But I've got a better than average grip!

I don't think the oil filter is more than 4" diameter.

I use a run of the mill oil filter wrench, the old fashioned metal band type (similar to this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-250...ilter+wrench&qid=1554924436&s=gateway&sr=8-11). I probably got it for my 1st gen Legend. Hasn't failed me yet. It is a tight space, but one only needs a little bit of movement to get loosening started.

I'll try and see if I can get a measurement when I get home.

Probably half the time (on all my cars) I can use just my hand to get the filter off. But I've got a better than average grip!

Last edited:
Filter diameter is approximately 3".

20190410_133747_resized.jpg

I like the cup style tool.

20190410_133835_resized.jpg

Picked mine up from Amazon

Tool.JPG

Last edited:
. . . because I live in Hawaii . . .

So side note - while I am somewhat envious as I have spent time on O'ahu and the Honolulu area on vacation I was frustrated driving on the H1. So much congestion and seemingly low speed limits. Even the secondary roads have unusually low (IMO) speed limits. Where do you go where you can open up your NSX?

Mahalo

Last edited:
So side note - while I am somewhat envious as I have spent time on O'ahu and the Honolulu area on vacation I was frustrated driving on the H1. So much congestion and seemingly low speed limits. Even the secondary roads have unusually low (IMO) speed limits. Where do you go where you can open up your NSX?

Mahalo

You have no idea the pain and frustration of Honolulu traffic brother. It's terrible. We are rated as the worst traffic in America, worse than LA, NYC, etc. An our roads are also rates as the worst in the country. It's literally dangerous to drive on many of the major roads with nice rims. They will get bent, often.
It's something that is making me consider moving for the first time in 11 years. It's only getting worse.
There really is no place to open up on this island. You can do H3 or H1 very late night/early morning, but you're at a high risk of getting a ticket as cops are waiting for just exactly that, since there's nowhere else to go. Frustrating, both Maui and Big Island (Hawaii Island) have full tracks. We have a million people on this tiny 40 mile wide island, and no track. And what's even crazier is that only 18% of the land on this island will be developed, so we have a million people on 18% of a 40 mile wide island. One of the highest population densities in the world, and by far the highest in the USA!

26BBB79D-16DF-4627-9153-BA9099B1BA61.jpgI used this and believe it’s OEM

Back