Oil change nightmare?

MIKE5261 said:
My 91 NSX HAS 341950 MILES ON THE ORIGINAL ENGINE. STILL RUNNING STRONG AND I WOULDNOT BE SUPRISED IF THIS ENGINE CLOCKS OVER 500,000 MILES OR MORE, THIS ENGINE HAS NEVER HAD MORE THAN THE NORMAL MAINTENCE IF THE INSURANCE CO. WANTS VERIFACTION YOU CAN PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO CONFIRM THIS FOR YOU AND THE INSURANCE CO. HOLD YOUR GROUND WITH THEM DONT LET THEM BULLY YOU INTO ACCEPTING A LESSER AMOUNT THAN YOU ARE ENTITLED TO, YOU BROUGHT YOUR CAR IN WITH THE EXPECTATION OF COMPETENT SERVICE AND YOU RECIEVED NEGLIGENT SERVICE. IF THE INSURANCE WONT PAY THE SHOP SHOULD PAY THE DIFFERENCE. THAT SHOP SHOULDNOT BE WORKING ON AN NSX IF THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. IT DOESNOT SOUND LIKE YOU ARE ASKING FOR A REPLACEMENT CAR WHILE YOURS IS DOWN OR COMPENSATION FOR LOSS OF USE AND OTHER INCIDENTAL DAMAGES BUT IMAGINE HOW MUCH THE COST WOULD GO UP IF THERE WAS AN ATTORNEY INVOLVED.

Ummm.....did you know your 'caps lock' is on? :biggrin: :wink:

I hope this was not already posted in this thread, I just read through quickly. Back a few months ago I was told Comptech had a used motor for sale with something like 10,000km and according to them it was fully serviced and almost like new. They were selling it for a customer who I think had them built a performance motor. Might be a good "used" option if it is still available.

bizman said:
I hope this was not already posted in this thread, I just read through quickly. Back a few months ago I was told Comptech had a used motor for sale with something like 10,000km and according to them it was fully serviced and almost like new. They were selling it for a customer who I think had them built a performance motor. Might be a good "used" option if it is still available.
Good suggestion, but that motor was sold and is now in nsx-ray's car (after his died due to a problem with the harmonic balancer towards the end of NSXPO 2004).

Just on other point about rebuilt vs. used/new. A rebuild will certainly mean more downtime for the repair. JMHO:).

Regards,
LarryB

update:

I finally settled with the insurance Co. The best I could get was a rebuild at Comtech. Comtech currently has the car. I think this is better than a used engine. A new engine was 39k at Acura.

I can't wait til it's all over. The weather has been nice. I wish I had my car.

Back