NSXPO 2005 DVD, Group Photo, Individual Photo

CDub said:
Just the thought of having to match up the photos with the address labels gives me the headache. It's just a bit better than getting a root canal without novocain. :smile:

Understudy, thank you, and all that are involved, for putting it together. I hope that it's waiting for me when I get home tonight. :cool:

It was a little tedious putting the pictures with the right address labels, but not too bad since we had marked the sequential order with everyone's names when taking the photos. Everything seemed to match up with the photos so hopefully that is 100% fine.

We had a great time hosting NSXPO in Phoenix. We're just glad that everyone seemed to have a great time. Once everyone actually gets their DVDs hopefully it takes you back to those fun times.

Just got done watching the video. Great to see some familiar faces again. :D

Watching the credits, I guess the videographer feels a bit bad about the "delay". :wink:

Attachments

• cap016.jpg
    cap016.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 81
UPDATE:

We've also had reports of DVDs that won't play when loaded. If you run into this problem please let me know via PM and we'll get a replacement to you immediately. Any DVDs that we send out from now on will be tested to ensure that it begins to play ok on our machine at home. Obviously we can't verify the entire length of each DVD, but we'll make sure it loads and plays without issues.

Sorry yet again for the issues. All replacements will also go out USPS Priority Mail.

EDIT: The DVDs that didn't play on someone's DVD player were played successfully on a home laptop. I know very little about this type of technology, but perhaps it is a compatability issue with some players.

Last edited:
FuryNSX said:
Just got done watching the video. Great to see some familiar faces again. :D

Watching the credits, I guess the videographer feels a bit bad about the "delay". :wink:

Yeah, that was something he added in on his own, although I don't mind him owning up a bit to his delay. Glad you enjoyed the video Randy. Hopefully many others enjoy it too.

I loved the interview section, particularly when Basch, Larry B, Vasos & John I. get on the mic....:biggrin:

Understudy said:
EDIT: The DVDs that didn't play on someone's DVD player were played successfully on a home laptop. I know very little about this type of technology, but perhaps it is a compatability issue with some players.

Mine won't "track" properly on several different dvd players. Haven't tried it on a laptop yet but it is "jumpy" when tried in standard players.

Hmmm....unless it happens to be a bad disc or a damaged disc, I would think it would have to be a disc/player compatability issue. Perhaps some of these players can't play this DVD-R disc. I've watched copies of this DVD on four different DVD players before we sent them out and none of them had any difficulty.

Again, I don't know much at all about DVD technology but each disc was burned off of a master copy, so unless there were problems with the burning of some copies they should in theory all be the same. I'll see what other information I can track down regarding these difficulties.

So far has anyone other than Randy received their copy and played it without any problems? I'm sure that many have, but please post your success or PM me so that I can understand the scale of this compatability (or whatever it is) issue. Thanks!

Mine plays fine; however, the video quality, when playing on a 42" plasma through a Panasonis DVD player, is less than super.

Understudy said:
So far has anyone other than Randy received their copy and played it without any problems? I'm sure that many have, but please post your success or PM me so that I can understand the scale of this compatability (or whatever it is) issue. Thanks!

I'm watching as I type,as Mark B said there is some motion unsharpness I'm not sure whether it is on the aquisition side or an issue with my software,but I have played other dvd's on this computer and action has been less blurred in the past.Who cares? At least it is a great momento and something we wanted to do at Watkins in 04 but just could'nt tackle the logistics! Thanks for the memories! Freaken hilarious!! I just watched the interviews and I win the award for longest chewing whilst babbling and hugging other guys!!

Last edited:
docjohn said:
I'm watching as I type,as Mark B said there is some motion unsharpness I'm not sure whether it is on the aquisition side or an issue with my software,but I have played other dvd's on this computer and action has been less blurred in the past.Who cares? At least it is a great momento and something we wanted to do at Watkins in 04 but just could'nt tackle the logistics! Thanks for the memories!

Thanks for the feedback John & Mark. I know that the picture quality isn't great, especially in the first part of the DVD and I think that derives from his capture of the events.

We were looking exactly for what John described, just a good reminder of the fun times had at NSXPO '05. Unfortunately with the budget limitations for NSXPO we found it impossible to get a super high quality production, yet we still wanted to capture the events so everyone could enjoy the memories. I think that the final version of this DVD does just that (although we could have done without the headaches, delays, etc. :rolleyes:). When you combine this DVD with the additional gifts from the event like the duffel bag, key chain, individual photos, group photos, and sponsor gift of a microfiber towel (Thanks to Dale Ramsperger - daleramsperger.com), we hoped the whole package provided an assortment of useful and memorable items.

Glad you enjoyed yours John!! :biggrin:

docjohn said:
Freaken hilarious!! I just watched the interviews and I win the award for longest chewing whilst babbling and hugging other guys!!

Like I said in an earlier post, I think that portion of the DVD is priceless. You guys were an absolute riot to watch during that interview! :tongue: Good times!

John,

I feel the love:redface:.

Time for a Margarita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
LarryB

Understudy said:
Umm, I wouldn't say playback of my DVD wasn't exactly without any issues. I also experience significant strobing, to the point that my wife started to get a headache watching anything with significant motion on it. However, I don't attribute that to any encoding issues.

In regards to playback problems, forward and reverse scanning was a bit of a problem, to the point that I could not fast forward and rewind to exact spots. I am not sure if this is specific to my DVD player, but I did NOT experience similar problems when playing back on my laptop.

-Randy

Got mine yesterday.
It played OK on my DVD player, although I notice there's a certain 'lag' in the frame changes .. but it played ok with fast forward and rewind ..

It sure brought back some memories :) .. i was hoping that the group drive had longer footage than the one that's on the DVD .. but .. that's ok .. overall, .. I really enjoyed it! :biggrin:

Cheers .. Gus

Got the package today! Pics loooked great, well, if I may say so myself :) Thanks for all the working putting them together. I am wondering if possible to order additional photos?

Understudy said:
...We were looking exactly for what John described, just a good reminder of the fun times had at NSXPO '05. ...
I intended no denegration of the efforts of the committee with respect to the package. I believe you all accomplished a great deal and provided some of the less fortunate with a tremendous time.:biggrin: :redface: :biggrin: :redface: :biggrin: :redface: .

Understudy said:
Mine came Friday and played fine on a panasonic rp56.

It was nice to see and relive some memories. Thanks for all the hard work putting the packages together! :biggrin:

bsudiro said:
Just remembered .. something's missing in the DVD!

Where's Prepaid ?? :wink::biggrin::biggrin:

Well, the actual evening incident was too late to be captured on video and probably not appropriate going out in an official NSXCA capacity....however, if you look at the scenic drive scenes as the cars are exiting the parking lot you can get a brief glimpse of the Prepaid to satisfy you. :smile: :biggrin:

MarkB said:
I intended no denegration of the efforts of the committee with respect to the package. I believe you all accomplished a great deal and provided some of the less fortunate with a tremendous time.:biggrin: :redface: :biggrin: :redface: :biggrin: :redface: .

Your comment was only taken constructively by us Mark. We were looking for feedback and I fully agree that the quality isn't superb. Had I been the person filming and editing the DVD myself, it would never have lived up to my standards either. The bottom line with the whole ordeal is that we probably got what we paid for and also hit some unfortunate circumstances too.

We agree the whole event was a great time and the issues with the DVD won't diminish our experience of NSXPO '05 at all. We feel the end result, even if not up to our own personal standards, will be a good reminder of the event and something more substantial than ever available before.

Now we are awaiting Neo's final video too!! Although I know how much time it takes for him to put that together. Having seen his NSXPO '05 teaser and the Great Ocean Drive video we realize how talented he is and I know everyone is looking forward to the final version.

SilverOne said:
Got the package today! Pics loooked great, well, if I may say so myself :) Thanks for all the working putting them together. I am wondering if possible to order additional photos?

Glad you enjoyed the pics! If you're referring to the group photo then we can probably work it out easily since we have a very few additional ones left. The individual photos are a bit more challenging since we don't have the actual raw pictures ourselves. If you're looking for the individual photos then PM Heather or myself and we might be able to help but no guarantee.

Back