NSX or Elise?

You need both!

supra2nv said:
I need both my nuts too...wife wont let me keep them If I did that ;)

That you can survive with one because they are nature's way of dual active-active fault tolerance. As for the car, they serve a different purpose.

A nut for an Elise. Fair trade. :p

What were your driving impressions? I love the Elise, but it seems more in an S2000 market than in an NSX market. I am with everyone else, you need them both!

definately stick with the NSX.im from the UK where lotus is a lot more common and the saying over here is lotus=L:lots O:of T:trouble U:usually S:serious.
a friend of mine had one and every time it rained the footwell would have water sloshing around in it.lotus build quality has improved a lot from the time the cars were made from various parts bins,but the quality is not a patch on the NSX

oh thats tuff. check out the new sport compact car they have a great article on it but they said it was one of the best cars they ever drove. its 1900 lbs (around there) 190 hp celica gts engine and it runs a 13.5 stock. thye said the handiling on it blows the evo away even the breaking on them blew the evo away. also available with a integra type r (dc-5) engine BUT the nsx style wise is so much better i hate how they look i hate how small they are but for performance i would choose elise if stock for stock. if you plan on modifiying nsx in a heartbeat
(jay tip your form the uk what good honda or nsx magazines do you guys have over there any different then in the states?? my girlfriend lives in london and sent me a magazine called maxx any other magazines you recommend )

jgtcnsx said:
oh thats tuff. check out the new sport compact car they have a great article on it but they said it was one of the best cars they ever drove. its 1900 lbs (around there) 190 hp celica gts engine and it runs a 13.5 stock. thye said the handiling on it blows the evo away even the breaking on them blew the evo away. also available with a integra type r (dc-5) engine BUT the nsx style wise is so much better i hate how they look i hate how small they are but for performance i would choose elise if stock for stock. if you plan on modifiying nsx in a heartbeat
(jay tip your form the uk what good honda or nsx magazines do you guys have over there any different then in the states?? my girlfriend lives in london and sent me a magazine called maxx any other magazines you recommend )

For one, I've seen 0-60 times quoted in the low 4s and 1/4 mile times in the mid 12s. I don't know where your 13.5 comes from. And it gets faster with the ITR motor.

As for modifying it, what would be easier: finding parts for a GT-S motor or a C30A? What would be cheaper? What would be more efficient? What would be easier to have worked on and have products installed??

I don't understand your logic. Suspension components and true lotus components might be hard to come by, but the elise is supposed to pull over 1G on the skid (right?), so I don't think the suspension needs too too much.

I think there has been a few discussions about the Elise here on prime in the past. Give it a search, you will find people who have driven them, and also seen them under the skin.
Just take it for a testdrive, and try to get in/out with the top on ;)

Great fun car to see and drive, but in a different league to the NSX.

D'Ecosse said:
Elise is my CEO's wife's name so, gorgeous as she might be, I think I'm much safer with the NSX!

I guess you got both then? :p

Go with the NSX. It will last longer, and you can continue hanging with us guys here. Now is that an incentive, or is that an incentive? ;)

jgtcnsx said:
theres one in san fransisco i got some pics

yep. there's an exotic car place a few blocks from here, with one in the window.
I saw the salesguy driving it through the Marina a couple weeks ago!!

Wow! Can't believe I got back on this board! Lost my password....
Anyway, I have traded my beloved NSX in on an Elise. Actually, Elise won't
be here until March, '05. I traded in my NSX first and foremost because it was an automatic. Secondly was starting to have a number of mechanical problems. Thirdly, I really wanted more of a track car. I looked at an '02
NSX but it just didn't move me like the Elise. The Elise is a very raw and engaging car but it is definately not a daily driver like the NSX. Re the stats;
0-60 is 4.7 secs for the LSS package, 4.9 for the standard car. Quarter mile times reported vary from 13.1 to 13.5. I haven't seen any Elises with FI yet,
probably will happen. I know about the less than stellar reputation of Lotus
re reliability issues, that's the biggest bugaboo in my mind. I will still hang out on this board and I may well be back with an HSC someday. Look for a Storm Titanium Elise at Road America next summer. Cheers. Jim

JimK said:
Wow! Can't believe I got back on this board! Lost my password....
Anyway, I have traded my beloved NSX in on an Elise. Actually, Elise won't
be here until March, '05. I traded in my NSX first and foremost because it was an automatic. Secondly was starting to have a number of mechanical problems. Thirdly, I really wanted more of a track car. I looked at an '02
NSX but it just didn't move me like the Elise. The Elise is a very raw and engaging car but it is definately not a daily driver like the NSX. Re the stats;
0-60 is 4.7 secs for the LSS package, 4.9 for the standard car. Quarter mile times reported vary from 13.1 to 13.5. I haven't seen any Elises with FI yet,
probably will happen. I know about the less than stellar reputation of Lotus
re reliability issues, that's the biggest bugaboo in my mind. I will still hang out on this board and I may well be back with an HSC someday. Look for a Storm Titanium Elise at Road America next summer. Cheers. Jim

For the same price as an elise, I'd rather have a Campagna T-Rex!! :cool:

What's a Campagna T-Rex?

I have a Europa which provided a great deal of the inspiration for the Elise. I have a friend with an S1 Elise and he says that the Europa and Elise have similar feel. I think that you would find that the smaller Elise is lots of fun around town, but less fun if you are taking a long drive. The NSX has a level of refinement that no Lotus approaches. I actually enjoy my Lotus more ripping around the back roads, but it wears me out on a trip.

I wholeheartedly agree with JPS, The Elise is no grand-tourer. I am basing my impressions on a too-short (and too-slow) test drive. It sort of feels like an S2000 with all the sound insulation removed, cat bypass pipe, and a bare aluminum floor to help resonate all that lovely noise. The view from the drivers seat is NSX-like with a short hood and voluptuous front fenders. Rear
visibility is apparently unimportant to the Brits. It feels torquey thanks to the light weight, almost like a 2-seater Skip Barber formula Dodge. I see some
retro cues in the styling (ala Ferrari Dino) as well as some modern cliches
including a rear-diffuser that looks like it was fashioned out of left-over tin
in someone's garage. I haven't been this giddy about a car since I got the NSX, just wish I could have both. :D

Back