NSX or Elise?

supra2nv said:
Ok guys (and gals). I am flirting around with selling my nsx to get an '05 Lotus Elise. What are your thoughts? Thanks!!!!

Jack

What's the market value on a 97 NSX? Please let me know if you are interested in selling. I am local to Southern Cal and am very interested to buy a 6-speed NSX.

Thanks,
Jim

Brian2by2 said:
For one, I've seen 0-60 times quoted in the low 4s and 1/4 mile times in the mid 12s. I don't know where your 13.5 comes from. And it gets faster with the ITR motor.

As for modifying it, what would be easier: finding parts for a GT-S motor or a C30A? What would be cheaper? What would be more efficient? What would be easier to have worked on and have products installed??

I don't understand your logic. Suspension components and true lotus components might be hard to come by, but the elise is supposed to pull over 1G on the skid (right?), so I don't think the suspension needs too too much.

my info comes from sport compact and road and track so they are both wrong and you are right, right? ya they test them but you read shit off threads and keep reading this post cause im not the only who read it. second if you plan on modifying i would rather have a wide body 6 cyl tt nsx then 4 cyl elise

(im not done with you yet) so stock to stock yes i would take the elise like i said. i didnt say anything about budget or whos goin to do it. as for suspension haha are you fuckin kidding me its great STOCK but if you modified an nsx there are so many kits even brakes that will handle betterand brake better than the elise. your stock to stock verse modified to modified IF YOU PLAN ON MODIFYING IT you understand now comprende

jgtcnsx said:
(im not done with you yet) so stock to stock yes i would take the elise like i said. i didnt say anything about budget or whos goin to do it. as for suspension haha are you fuckin kidding me its great STOCK but if you modified an nsx there are so many kits even brakes that will handle betterand brake better than the elise. your stock to stock verse modified to modified IF YOU PLAN ON MODIFYING IT you understand now comprende

who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that? you should be banned. Nothing in my post warrants ANY using of the "f" word or any of your aggression. I will be reporting these posts.

report me,i didnt know you were 8 and used the f word oooo :rolleyes: , dont try to make me look like a fool when you make your self look like a fool. you want to try to disrespect me, expect to get it right back ;)

jgtcnsx said:
report me,i didnt know you were 8 and used the f word oooo :rolleyes: , dont try to make me look like a fool when you make your self look like a fool. you want to try to disrespect me, expect to get it right back ;)

Disrespect you?? lol I don't see any "disrespect" anywhere except in your post. And yes, I do find it offensive to use foul language when there is absolutely no reason for it. What you you, 8??

im glad it offends you, then my post worked. im not 8 im just tired of people like you whenever someone posts something they try to come up with things that arent even talked about or make up numbers to try to make what they are sayin look stupid. so if it offended you good maybe next time someone posts something you dont agree on, you will say i dont agree. state what you think. dont say whats your logic? or i dont know where you got that from. like i am just making it up or something. oh and next time you want to do that at least check up about the car mid 12's please.

W said:
Isn't the Elise engine that same Celica engine that serious race teams keep blowing up?
any way
no its a celica gts engine that puts out 190 hp i think their are a few different things on the engine but not much different than a stock gts. the reason the car is so fast is because its power to weight. it is only like 1900 lbs, full aluminum. It is also availible with a k20a which is the integra(rsx here) type r engine. i havent seen a lotus with that one yet, i think they are more availible in other countries where the type r is available.

jgtcnsx said:
im glad it offends you, then my post worked. im not 8 im just tired of people like you whenever someone posts something they try to come up with things that arent even talked about or make up numbers to try to make what they are sayin look stupid. so if it offended you good maybe next time someone posts something you dont agree on, you will say i dont agree. state what you think. dont say whats your logic? or i dont know where you got that from. like i am just making it up or something. oh and next time you want to do that at least check up about the car mid 12's please.

Scroll down to the bottom, Mr. Mouth :rolleyes:

Brian2by2 said:

Not to get in the middle of you two, but you may want to take another look at that article, Brian.

The car in the SCC test is not a US spec elise. It is lighter, and runs a very healthy ITR motor.

Exterior dimensions
Curb Weight : 1,710 lbs.
Measured wheel horsepower : 192 hp @ 8000 rpm
Measured wheel torque : 132 lb-ft @ 6200 rpm
Redline : 8400 rpm

Compare that to the US Elise with the Celica engine, making 190 at the crank, not the wheels, and weighing in at 1975 pounds.

Now can you guys stop arguing?

supra2nv said:
Ok guys (and gals). I am flirting around with selling my nsx to get an '05 Lotus Elise. What are your thoughts? Thanks!!!!

Jack
i have a suggestion. go to the elise website and read the forums from the last few years. one of the things you discover is that the screws holding the car parts together are made of plastic. not nylon - plastic. when you take out the readiator the screws fall apart. so every elise onwer has loads of aluminum screws that they replace the plastic ones when they work on it. there is a reason that car is light.

The Elise is not comfortable and getting in/out is a pain in the a$$. As a weekend toy or trakc car, I would consider the Elise, but for frequent driving, I would pass. Btw, if you're having trouble finding an Elise, shoot me a PM. My friend just took delivery of a black Elise with all the options and sports pkg.

-Awais

I had been on the waiting list for the Elise and would have gotten one of the first ones when they came out if it were not for me getting the NSX last year. The NSX is in a different category than the Elise. The Elise is more of a Sunday car. You cannot use it as a daily driver, or when there is bad weather. Getting in and out of the car is a chore, and it would be a major pain if it were raining or if you were dressed nicely. The Elise is probably perfect for someone who wants a track car. If you want a daily driver, the NSX is much better.

At the time I got my NSX, I didn't have another vehicle, so that helped make my decision since if I got the Elise I knew I would have to get another car as a daily driver. Now I am getting another car, so when my lease on my NSX runs up, I may look at the Elise again. Or perhaps the new vette....I like that car a lot. :smile:

The Elise reminds me of the little kit car or the '70s from the VW: the Bradley GT. I'm not comparing the two, just stating (for me) I like the sleek likes, and not the abrupt curves.

See thread I posted a while back.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39353&highlight=Elise

Hope this helps.

Would the wife let you get an S2000 and keep the NSX. You could SC the S2k and it would be as fast as the Elise, and it would still be a honda so it should not break :wink:

Or go my route, buy the S2k for the wife, keep the NSX for your self, and have a spare car for the both of you to drive. Best of both worlds.

D'Ecosse said:
Elise is my CEO's wife's name so, gorgeous as she might be,

Prove it! :biggrin:

NSX & Elise

I couldn't decide between the NSX or the Elise.

So I decided on both.

After consideration and test drives, I've come to the conclusion that although both cars are mid-engined sports cars with similar levels of performance, they are much different.

I should be getting my Laser Blue Elise in a month or so.

-Jim

PS: I'm selling my 1974 Corvette. 454, 4 speed. If you know of anyone interested...

http://www.ccdv.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4257

Back