NSX DAY@ Bridgewater Acura

Well,

After months-years of saying I was going to organize an NSX Day at my dealership I have finally gotten around to picking a date; April 17. I know I posting this very early but we are hoping for a huge turnout and if this date is no good for some of our memebers I'd like to know in advance. The date is on a sunday when the store is closed so we can pretty much have the dealership to ourselves. Im working with some other prime members to organize some sort of cruise or run and my boss gave me the okay to have some t-shirts made up. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Im trying to get Quaker State oils to help sponser the event becuase they have a mobile dynometer so we can see whose nsx makes the most horsepower or just know where we stand for fun! :biggrin: Anyways, ill update as the date approaches....

thanks for organizing this,I would love to have a dyno on site!Maybe we can have some raffles and one of the prizes is a quick spin :wink: around the block in one of those 05 nsx's or an RL!

Mike, you do move quickly, I'm ok with the date, and as far as measuring HP, that's sounds great, but if Doc John is going to attend, maybe a Noise measuring device would be more appropriate!!!!!! If he brings his son, it would be even better!!!!!! :biggrin:

For those who attended the holiday party and received a tentative schedule of events, I just spoke with our senior member and the Hudson River tour will be held in June instead of April.

There will be NSX fun in every month!

Last edited:
Im glad everyone seems ok with the date. I just spoke Jadkar (john) and he is okay with the date as well! Ill have an 05 RL here for a test drive and an MDX as well. Im driving a new TL so that will be available as well; unless im driving something new by then :biggrin: :biggrin: Id like to invite S2000 owners and Type R owners as well! Anyone have any objections!!

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Im glad everyone seems ok with the date. I just spoke Jadkar (john) and he is okay with the date as well! Ill have an 05 RL here for a test drive and an MDX as well. Im driving a new TL so that will be available as well; unless im driving something new by then :biggrin: :biggrin: Id like to invite S2000 owners and Type R owners as well! Anyone have any objections!!

I have been waiting to test drive a 6 speed TL ... I would ask someone I know to test drive theres but I would rather drive someone elses first. Maybe you should change this to acura day instead of Nsx day if we are inviiting other cars. I know that a bunch of guys on the TL board would love to attend.

sorry guys, i just found out that it can only be an NSX only event due to NSXCA backing... :frown:

Mike,
Good to go for the 17th. Discussed some options with Don. Let me know when you will be ready to get together for some planning?

Thanks for getting this going and early notice is better than last minute :biggrin: good work :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm around this week then on the road. Give me a call

So far; Ill need some help planning a possible rally or cruise type of event and maybe some lunch and dinner plans. Any ideas?

How big of an event is this?? I may be inclined to hop on over from Indiana if it is a larger event.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
sorry guys, i just found out that it can only be an NSX only event due to NSXCA backing... :frown:

What do you mean "NSX only event" Because the NSXCA sponsors it does that mean that it is closed to other enthusiasts who may want to experience the NSX, but arn't lucky enough to own one?

mikec said:
What do you mean "NSX only event" Because the NSXCA sponsors it does that mean that it is closed to other enthusiasts who may want to experience the NSX, but arn't lucky enough to own one?

Whenever an event is subsidized to any extent by the NSXCA it is limited to members only. Anyone may organize an event and invite whomever they want as long as they don't seek any funding from the NSXCA which would come from regional allocations of dues. Otherwise, it would not be fair to NSXCA members who should not be expected to pay for non-NSXCA members to attend.

RSO 34 said:
Whenever an event is subsidized to any extent by the NSXCA it is limited to members only. Anyone may organize an event and invite whomever they want as long as they don't seek any funding from the NSXCA which would come from regional allocations of dues. Otherwise, it would not be fair to NSXCA members who should not be expected to pay for non-NSXCA members to attend.

I see both sides of that. Some people paying their dues would only want NSX's to be there (which is fair). While I on the other hand really do not personally care....so, if anyone you know wants to check out an NSX up close...away from the event, have them give me a call. ;)

Im not looking for any $$ from anyone, my dealership is footing the bill.

Im hoping for a huge turnout- hopefully 30 NSX's!! maybe even more :eek: We have about 5 or 6 service customers that are not prime members that are "allegedly coming". I am trying to make up flyers to put around the dealership so people will know way in advance.

Just an FYI, typically for my events I will charge a premium for non-NSXCA members if the event is NSXCA sponsored. This takes care of either side of the coin:), and allows us to let non-members experience the event.

As far as marque goes, mine are typically NSX only.

My $.02,
LarryB

I should be able to make it Mike, i'll know for sure soon...have to juggle a couple things around since my wedding is fairly soon after the meet. Will you be there Larry?

- Jon

i'm in, mikey!!
"kob"
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Doc, im counting on you being there! Give me a call, I could use some imput on ideas for a possible cruise...

we gotta include the nj turnpike!!!!!
i'll also work some media coverage :rolleyes:
any input from the taconic8/ corning4 ?? :tongue:

im pretty sure im up for the trip out there, my car should be ready for it... just finished the front/rear 02 conversions just doing rims and some interior pieces before then... so im pretty sure u can count me in... ill have to mapquest and figure out how far bridgewater is...

As for other cars attending i think honda/acura and/or other exotics would be awesome.

Just my opinion though..

Chris
95midnight pearl with 02 conversions

Back