New NSX owner

It was a gift from somebody else ...... I was planning on getting a NSX off one of the members here

I did not buy it.

Epic post, 04, 40 miles, RHD, either you are the biggest troll.....

My verdict:

troll_web_185.jpg

Heck, I wouldn't deem this fake right off the bat. He speaks intelligently, asks important questions, and is gracious for the help.

If it's real, and it really was a gift, that's a tough call but I think it will be made for you.
I seriously doubt that car will be allowed in the US, even trying to legitimize it through an RI. Most RHD Supras and RX7s you see are either conversions or not US federally legal. There is no way around it.

Your best bet is to sell it to a collector in Europe where the car will remain in its current shape without modification. You can have pretty much the pick of the litter of NSXs in the US with the price people pay for NSXs in Europe.

My verdict:

troll_web_185.jpg

Hmm. I was hoping for acceptance and help on a importing a car like this. I figured a fellow owners would help another owner. But I dont see how this is a "tight knit community" if you claim I am a troll for posting something serious. I have no reason to lie and to lie about something like this is just to much work when I have school work to do. This car is a gift for my 17th birthday. I have been dating a girl for about 2 years and her father has overly large amount of money and he found out that this is my dream car since the beginning of time. As my mother totaled my car from a accident i was left car-less. Before anybody jumps to conclusions I am not spoiled in anyway. I work or everything I earn. I graduate a full year early of my class. Ive been accepted to 7 different colleges including 2 of the best Ivy League schools in the nation. Im not trying to start some giant war on here and I dont have time to entertain one. All I need is help and you can keep all negative comments to yourself

You have to understand that members on here have been trying to do this exact thing since the NSX was made to no avail. US import laws are extremely stringent and multiple members would have an NSX-R if there were a way, money being no object.

The more we find about your situation, the more advice we can give. Here's another interesting proposal: Going to university/college with an NSX is probably going to be a headache (whether it's this 04 or one from a Prime member here). You need a good, non-highlighting, daily driver.

its just we have heard this before from people saying they have a RHD

NSX and even flip the pics of a LHD US NSX to make it look like it is RHD

ans same story got thru a friend who knew a guy that owed money to a pimp etc. etc.

We as NSX owners Know all about how we cant get one in the USA.

its been tried the ones that do get into the USA you cant get them registered as THE DMV will not allow you to register it.

the few that have entered the USA since they cant register it they Keep a Dealer tag/ temp plate on it for years.

they cant get insurance for it since its not registered with the DMV.

thats why we are all telling you " good luck " a bunch of other members have tried and got stuck with an RHD NSX sitting in their garage rotting away.

I respect your comment but I guess if it is allowed in the states I will post pics of it on a regular basis. It shall arrive through the 21st-25th of this month. I do not have the receipt for the purchase of this car since I did not buy it.

Simply put it won't be allowed in the states. It won't even make it past customs so definitely call a Registered Importer tomorrow.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if any RHD NSX was importable we'd all have done it eons ago considering the U.S. market never got the Type R which we'd all love to own. The RX7's or Supra's you see might be included on that list I gave you the link for hence why you see them. However, the Acura or Honda branded NSX is not included.

Trust me...I know my importing and exporting as I've done it numerous times and this NSX will not be admissible into the U.S. legally unless you can somehow get it approved as a show car (you'll never get to drive it on the street, or register it, and won't be able to re-sell it to others).

Heck, I wouldn't deem this fake right off the bat. He speaks intelligently, asks important questions, and is gracious for the help.

If it's real, and it really was a gift, that's a tough call but I think it will be made for you.
I seriously doubt that car will be allowed in the US, even trying to legitimize it through an RI. Most RHD Supras and RX7s you see are either conversions or not US federally legal. There is no way around it.

Your best bet is to sell it to a collector in Europe where the car will remain in its current shape without modification. You can have pretty much the pick of the litter of NSXs in the US with the price people pay for NSXs in Europe.

Thank you for at lease giving me a chance. The car is suppose to fly into the states around the 21st of this month. I would hate to send the car back to Germany after having it so close to my hands.

You have to understand that members on here have been trying to do this exact thing since the NSX was made to no avail. US import laws are extremely stringent and multiple members would have an NSX-R if there were a way, money being no object.

The more we find about your situation, the more advice we can give. Here's another interesting proposal: Going to university/college with an NSX is probably going to be a headache (whether it's this 04 or one from a Prime member here). You need a good, non-highlighting, daily driver.

Well here in Atlanta there is a student who attends SCAD which is a artistic school. His daily driver is a Lamborghini Murci... So I dont think a NSX would be to big of a deal as a daily driver. But I do understand everybody lust to get a Honda in the states and from the help and wisdom from everybody im thinking of having the NSX stay in Germany.

well save yourself some money and send it back since its not actually on a ship/ airplane at the moment.

have fun with the new heart wrenching headache your wanting to give yourself.

but in the end you will tell us your sad story about how you almost had it in the USA.

I still say good luck

and we will add this thread with the other that have tried to import a RHD NSX

well save yourself some money and send it back since its not actually on a ship/ airplane at the moment.

have fun with the new heart wrenching headache your wanting to give yourself.

but in the end you will tell us your sad story about how you almost had it in the USA.

I still say good luck

and we will add this thread with the other that have tried to import a RHD NSX

What if iI had every modification done to the car that it needs to be road legal. How would the chances look after that?

Thank you for at lease giving me a chance. The car is suppose to fly into the states around the 21st of this month. I would hate to send the car back to Germany after having it so close to my hands.

Yikes! Be careful with airfreight as the carrier may have the ability to charge you demurage (storage costs) should your shipment not get released through customs and be required to be shipped back. Plus all of the costs associated with yet another one-way air freight shipment.

As you are claiming intelligence didn't it occur to you to research this?:confused:

Yikes! Be careful with airfreight as the carrier may have the ability to charge you demurage (storage costs) should your shipment not get released through customs and be required to be shipped back. Plus all of the costs associated with yet another one-way air freight shipment.

As you are claiming intelligence didn't it occur to you to research this?:confused:

The car was to actually suppose to be a "surprise gift" But I can get any form of information out my girlfriend. So I am just now founding out about this. I have always read a bit of the NSX forums before I joined. I dont know much about importing and exporting of cars. So i figured the best help I could get would be on here. And the money situation about holding cost doesnt really matter. Her father makes well enough money to afford anything.

Im actually thinking of Garaging this car and buying another one of the same model that already has some miles on it. This maybe the last NSX with this few miles on it.

Okay....this sounded like bull from the beginning, but this post sealed it for me. Sure you are going to buy a second NSX and just store this one. Why not when the money is not real. Plus, if you had the means to buy this car, you would presumably be smart enough to figure out IF you could import the car before buying it.

Sorry man, but this sounds like Dreamer Troll 101.

Let's see some pics of this car. Surely you saw pictures of the car with odometer verification before 'buying' your 40 mile car, right? :rolleyes:

Stop wasting good people's time and go do something productive so that you may actually own a real NSX someday.

Last edited:
What if iI had every modification done to the car that it needs to be road legal. How would the chances look after that?

Nope...and here's why.

U.S. Customs and the NHTSA will want to see proof that the manufacturer built and certified this car for U.S. rules and regulations on car safety etc per the certification label they want to see on the doorjamb.

In other words as the U.S. is a country that produces, sells, and exports cars it manufactures (GM, Chrysler, Ford) it is very protective of its car industry.

When the 2008 global recession hit I immediately thought of importing cars from around the world to Canada and the U.S. I set up a company, did the research and quickly found out how prohibitive it is to do so. Having spoken to numerous customs agents I said "look if I can get the car modified to U.S. spec's surely it will be admissible?"....Customs agent said not until you can get the manufacturer to afix and guarantee that the car was manufactured and meets all regulations.

Read the link I sent you as its quite clear what the regulations are for importing into the U.S. Per your comment above regarding coming to NSX Prime to figure it all out well I guess you just did... ;)

Last edited:
Ok I'll play. its raining ...:biggrin: So your girlfriends dad who is very wealthy has let you ,a 17 yo take charge of importing a rhd nsx from Germany and you are asking a bunch of "guys" on a free internet car site ,last minute,how to do it? is that right?:eek:

...But I do understand everybody lust to get a Honda in the states and from the help and wisdom from everybody im thinking of having the NSX stay in Germany.

Sure you are. Why wouldn't you leave it in another country where you never have to prove what an epic bull$hitter you are. I am sure you can just leave it at one of your many villas, right? :rolleyes:

Okay....this sounded like bull from the beginning, but this post sealed it for me. Sure you are going to buy a second NSX and just store this one. Why not when the money is not real. Plus, if you had the means to buy this car, you would presumably be smart enough to figure out IF you could import the car before buying it.

Sorry man, but this sounds like Dreamer Troll 101.

Let's see some pics of this car. Surely you saw pictures of the car with odometer verification before 'buying' your 40 mile car, right? :rolleyes:

As I live in the states it would be almost next to impossible to for me to physically see this myself. My girlfriend father WHO lives in Germany bought this car. I did not know about the car until a few days ago. All of this seems like a fake post or whatever but somewhere in GA there is a person anticipating the arrival of their favorite car.

As I live in the states it would be almost next to impossible to for me to physically see this myself. My girlfriend father WHO lives in Germany bought this car. I did not know about the car until a few days ago. All of this seems like a fake post or whatever but somewhere in GA there is a person anticipating the arrival of their favorite car.

Which is why this cool tool called the INTERNET came out. Surely you have heard of this neat trick where someone can take pictures of the car and send them to you, right? Let's see pics and odometer verification. Should be easy, right?

Or since your 'girlfriend' has a rich father, surely flying you to Germany would not be an issue, right?

Last edited:
I think I speak for everyone when I say that we need to see pics of both the NSX and your possibly German girlfriend. :biggrin:

Truth is stranger than fiction however. How can you be sure your girlfriend's father actually bought a car? and is shipping it to you???

Which is why this cool tool called the INTERNET came out. Surely you have heard of this neat trick where someone can take pictures of the car and send them to you, right? Let's see pics and odometer verification. Should be easy, right?

You make this kinda repetitive as I stated before that I do not have pictures of this car. Is it impossible for me to trust the words of my girlfriends father? I have nothing to prove to anybody on here the legitimacy of this car. My own personal goal was to own a NSX before I turned 19 and I'm working very hard to achieve this goal. You do not have to comment if you do not have any "helpful" information that can assist me in owning this car. You also do not know of my living situations or the income of her father.

Legen-wait-for-it-dary-Barney-Stinson-Scoobies-Awards-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-6303333-144-144.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we need to see pics of both the NSX and your possibly German girlfriend. :biggrin:

Truth is stranger than fiction however. How can you be sure your girlfriend's father actually bought a car? and is shipping it to you???

I understand everybody would love to see pics and trust me I would love to see them myself. I dont have to question my girlfriend's honesty as she knows I hate being lied to.

This is probably going to be met with a "no", but do you have a link to the ad where her father bought the car? Any other info you can give us besides his words and the apparent mileage?

This is very strange indeed. They must be expecting you will stay in the family. Very committed girlfriend/father :D

Last edited:
This is probably going to be met with a "no", but do you have a link to the ad where her father bought the car? Any other info you can give us besides his words and the apparent mileage?

This is very strange indeed. They must be expecting you will stay in the family. Very committed girlfriend/father :D

So its pretty much hopeless to even attempt to even try to import this car. I do not know how he found this car. My girlfriend as bright as she is absolutely retarded when it concerns anything "car-wise" Ive been trying to get information out of her all she tells me is "idk" so im just left here with about 76479283 questions about this car. I am already look through the ads for NSX's on here so somebody is fixing to lose their baby.

You make this kinda repetitive as I stated before that I do not have pictures of this car. Is it impossible for me to trust the words of my girlfriends father? I have nothing to prove to anybody on here the legitimacy of this car. My own personal goal was to own a NSX before I turned 19 and I'm working very hard to achieve this goal. You do not have to comment if you do not have any "helpful" information that can assist me in owning this car. You also do not know of my living situations or the income of her father.

My helpful information is that spending your time being less full of sh*t, and more productive, will go a long way.

Classic troll when pressed always says 'I have nothing to prove'. I would help you if you were real, and not full of crap.

Here you go jacka$$...I will put my money where my mouth is. Show me pictures of this car, the odometer showing 40 miles, and proof of purchase, and I will buy your first mod. Choose it. Wheels. Seats. I don't care. Just prove to me you really have a '40 mile' NSX waiting for you. Surely that is worth the time to get the pictures, right?

Last edited:
Back