New NSX owner

I finally decided to read this thread, after being told about it 3 different times, by 3 different people.
The first of which I consider a good friend and highly respected NSX owner. The latter two were NSX Prime members I have never actually met in person.
Which is one reason I really like this forum. For the tight-knit community that looks out for its own, but also is here to help those who ask for it.

Now let me say some things before I actually comment on this thread.
-I am not new to the internet or forums, and thanks to the internet and forums I have made friends for life. (I have even been questioned by my friends and family for having "online" friends, but any of my in-person friends that have met some of my "online" friends withdraw reservations afterwards.)
-When I first joined here, I admit I acted a bit like a newbie. I got some interesting advice about the car I wanted to buy, which I guess was reasonable considering the situation that I had presented (including advice from members that have posted in this current thread). But regardless of any of that, I have yet to meet a Prime member in person that has not welcomed me with open-arms and the utmost respect, which I am truly thankful for. And on top of that, any Prime member to have seen the car that I bought has had nothing but positive things to say.

Now, on to the topic at hand.
-This was a pretty harsh read.
-It brings to mind a picture of a Special Olympics athlete winning that I have seen before.
-I don't believe 04HondaNSX/Leonard is a troll.
-I have invited him to ride with me at a future NSX meet being organized in Atlanta. http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152595
-If I am wrong, so be it.

Thank you! that's the right thing to do....god bless ya! I was shocked reading this thread too....actually horrified a little. Made me want to go back to the corvette forum... and stay. :eek: Thanks for being kind to the kid.:smile:

Thank you! that's the right thing to do....god bless ya! I was shocked reading this thread too....actually horrified a little. Made me want to go back to the corvette forum... and stay. :eek: Thanks for being kind to the kid.:smile:

Please note that we only found out Leonard was a kid from sleuth investigating because, as I've said prior, the internet is a very very powerful tool. As others have mentioned its understandable to be excited at the prospect of owning a NSX, etc. but do it the right way...why lie?:frown:

If it weren't for the quality members you have mentioned that do investigate these "odd statements that cause questioning" then we wouldn't have discovered this little scenario:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98489

Please don't back up a kid, yes kid, who feels lying to the general public is acceptable. He was unfortunately taught a lesson here that he'll never forget and it was all his doing. As far as I'm aware myself and now JL Coolman have provided assistance so unlike the Corvette forums you elude to this website is quite stellar. :wink:

as cam just stated,don't look at this thread in isolation.I am very accepting of anyone regardless of age who presents themselves honestly and respectfuly.We have more than a few teenagers who have "survived" on prime because they conduct themselved accordingly.This fellow started off poorly and only time will tell how sincere his nsx dreams are.

as cam just stated,don't look at this thread in isolation.I am very accepting of anyone regardless of age who presents themselves honestly and respectfuly.We have more than a few teenagers who have "survived" on prime because they conduct themselved accordingly.This fellow started off poorly and only time will tell how sincere his nsx dreams are.

I was glad to see the guy do all the google PI work on the kid but to me, everyone took it to the extreme. If he's lying, who cares? If he's telling the truth, great! I just think we, as adults should not go to such an extreme and name calling to make a point to a kid who clearly dreams a dream that each of you had once....maybe you never had a need to lie and you all have accomplished your dreams of owning an NSX...He wants to be in the NSX club and be like you all!:cool: Who know's what sort of family he comes from and the guidance he has received (or not) along the way....Kids love to fabricate things....whatever! You all know the truth in your minds so take it with a grain of salt and ignore him if you wish, or help him but the ugliness here in this thread to me was a little uncalled for. Just my humble opinion...:):smile:
I hope he too, can make his NSX dreams come true....and i hope he learned that he can't take on a bunch of grown men, with knowledge and experience and think he's going to fool anyone....

Thats the beauty of a known group on the internet,and thats why so many of us hang around ....most of us are known quantities,who knows who was behind those posts,and the "detective" work only highlighted public info available to any computer savy individual.Kids today have such trust and belief in the internet,I think facebook is satan:rolleyes: anyway if the kid is for real he'll show up at one of those local atlanta meets and see how it goes.BTW I have two boys of my own.

Thats the beauty of a known group on the internet,and thats why so many of us hang around ....most of us are known quantities,who knows who was behind those posts,and the "detective" work only highlighted public info available to any computer savy individual.Kids today have such trust and belief in the internet,I think facebook is satan:rolleyes: anyway if the kid is for real he'll show up at one of those local atlanta meets and see how it goes.BTW I have two boys of my own.

Well said DocJohn! cheers!!:wink:

Back