NBA Playoff thread

I really hope the Celtics make it to Finals, which I think it is not entirely wishing thinking. So, the Lakers can kick their ass again.

Lakers will be going home in 5, meta world peace pinched a nerve in James harden and the lakers organization pinched a nerve with the trade of Derrick fisher.

LOL... I'm actually a lakers fan until they meet the celtics. Doesn't look too good for you lakers fans though...

Enjoy the high resolution photo:

Kevin_Garnett_2008-01-13.jpg

I really hope the Celtics make it to Finals, which I think it is not entirely wishing thinking. So, the Lakers can kick their ass again.

I say this as a Celtics fan. The Eastern title is being handed to them on a silver platter. Between Rose and Bosh getting hurt this is the best chance they'll ever have. I would like to catch at least one more game at the Garden as it is well known that the big 4 will not be in tact next year. I'd hate to wish any of them off, but if I had to choose it would be Allen. KG has been in beast-mode since Round 1, Game 2.

I've been pulling for OKC to go the full way all season, they haven't let me down yet. Last night was luck though, we'll see what happens when they get in the Staples Center next.

Either way, if the C's can plow past Miami (which they definitely can if they find the right groove) then they'll have a task with LAL/OKC or SA that will be hard for them to handle.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe the last two minutes of the Lakers/Thunder game. Lakers literally self-destructed in 2 minutes.. Reminded me of the Bulls last game. :frown:

"Self-destructed" is an understatement. As a Lakers fan, a lost don't usually lingers with me the next day but this one hurts. Game 2, if Lakers would have won, Championship this year just makes it that much more likely. It will be a long day today and tomorrow till Game 3.

In all seriousness, Lakers can beat the Thunder, but Thunder is one of those "win by the 3, die by the 3" type of teams. So if they get hot game 3, it will be dejavu Game 1 all over again.

IMO, if the Pacers beat the cHeat, Celtics will go to the Finals. If the cHeat win, Celtics will get run over by Leborn and Wade.

Nobodys giving my clippers a chance (of course), but hey the didn't have a chance against the team "nobody wanted to play" and they survived.

I'm expecting a close game tonight!!

Well the Nuggets were sent home...guess i'll put on a Celtic or Thunder hat. (haven't decided yet) :biggrin:

Well the Nuggets were sent home...guess i'll put on a Celtic or Thunder hat. (haven't decided yet) :biggrin:

You can wear both for now. I've been wearing them all year. It's not a conflict of interest till the finals. If it gets that far then I'm happy for both.

I'm still curious why everybody is writing off the Pacers as being a non-threat.

Celtics vs Heat (Regular Season)

Loss - 107-115
Win - 91-72
Win - 115-107
Win - 78-66

Thank you for pointing this out to the guys that think Miami will beat the celtics. 3 of the 4 meetings, the heat, WITH BOSH, have been SPANKED.

The pacers, to me are a much more scary team than Miami. I am hoping Miami wins. The best team in the west is San Antonio. Second best is OKC. The best team in the east right now are the Celtics, Indiana is second best.

Anyone else think that Wade has turned to a real bitch these past few years?

Did you see him fighting with his coach on national TV?! That's not a good sign...

I don't have a dog in the fight so all I want is good games!

I expected the Thunder to dominate the Lakers BUT I didn't see the Pacers being up 2-1 on the Heat. The loss of Bosh has really hurt them!! Oh and Wade once again shows his true character! Just pathetic!

Thank you for pointing this out to the guys that think Miami will beat the celtics. 3 of the 4 meetings, the heat, WITH BOSH, have been SPANKED.

The pacers, to me are a much more scary team than Miami. I am hoping Miami wins. The best team in the west is San Antonio. Second best is OKC. The best team in the east right now are the Celtics, Indiana is second best.

People are always under the impression that the heat is an unstoppable force or something. Not saying that they aren't good but every other team gets underestimated in the process. I love people using Bosh as an excuse now, as that was going to make a difference. OKC would have plowed them over in the finals anyway. I feel OKC will take the whole thing though, but then again I thought they should of last year too.

So far the 4 teams I have been rooting for are in a position to be the last 4. All awesome teams without the hollywood flop shows and meta scumbags. There is really no result I will be mad about if the C's/Pacers/SA/OKC are the sat 4 standing. Those are four teams that are constantly underestimated.

Last edited:
People are always under the impression that the heat is an unstoppable force or something. Not saying that they aren't good but every other team gets underestimated in the process. I love people using Bosh as an excuse now, as that was going to make a difference. OKC would have plowed them over in the finals anyway. I feel OKC will take the whole thing though, but then again I thought they should of last year too.

So far the 4 teams I have been rooting for are in a position to be the last 4. All awesome teams without the hollywood flop shows and meta scumbags. There is really no result I will be mad about if the C's/Pacers/SA/OKC are the sat 4 standing. Those are four teams that are constantly underestimated.

Preach it brotha...

Miami is not the best team, in fact, I predicted the Pacers will beat them, even Bosh was still in. Pacers match up with them really well.

I just think the Miami can beat the Celtics because of the match up. Heat can run, and Celtics are old. No one can really guard Leborn or Wade from Boston. As for the regular season record 3-1, that's regular season. Lakers have always proved me wrong by trusting those records. They almost never try their hardest during the regular season. Or, maybe I am just being overly optimistic from a Lakers fan point of view.:biggrin:

I feel kind of bad for those three in Miami. They were suppose to have 5 NBA titles already right? I guess it is good for the game that they didn't win any because it shows that basketball in general is more of a team sport than just throwing talents together.

Pierce guards lebron very well. And we have a new defensive juggernaut rookie named Avery Bradley, his kid plays better D as a guard than anyone I have ever seen. He just shuts people down and throws off the whole offense. Miami has no one to deal with Rajon Rondo. Doesn't matter anyway as I don't see them getting past Indiana.

Hate to say it but I think the best two NBA teams are the spurs and the thunder.

Both in the west.

Lets see what the Lakers can do today. If they lose today, Thunders 4-0. If Lakers win, they are going back to Oklahoma 2-2.

Yes, Spurs are good and I give most of the credits to Greg P. I hope the Clippers can win some games against them.

Pierce guards lebron very well. And we have a new defensive juggernaut rookie named Avery Bradley, his kid plays better D as a guard than anyone I have ever seen. He just shuts people down and throws off the whole offense. Miami has no one to deal with Rajon Rondo. Doesn't matter anyway as I don't see them getting past Indiana.

I like this kid too. He plays very aggressive, yet doesn't really get called for any reach-in fouls.

Back