My loan was Approved!!!!!!!

I probably sound like I'm 17, but I'm so amped right now. I almost feel crazy for buying a $70k vehicle from across the country without seeing or driving it. I just need to give them the final ok, and it's a done deal. Should I be worried that the car is no longer under warrantee? Is there anything that should've been done recall wise? Anything at all I shoud know? I need some reassurance here lol,

Forgive me for asking, but are we all supposed to know who you are and what you bought?

I probably sound like I'm 17, but I'm so amped right now. I almost feel crazy for buying a $70k vehicle from across the country without seeing or driving it. I just need to give them the final ok, and it's a done deal. Should I be worried that the car is no longer under warrantee? Is there anything that should've been done recall wise? Anything at all I shoud know? I need some reassurance here lol,

What year is the car? Is it out of warranty due to age or mileage?

There shouldn't be anything you need to worry about recall-wise or any defects to speak of...if the car is 7 or more years old it needs timing belt service and I'd just do the full 90K service to be thorough.

I would not be scared by an NSX out of warranty but obviously the selling price of a car out of warranty would be lower than a car in warranty and not just because it's newer. I would estimate a $1,000-2,000 premium for a 2003 still under warranty vs. a 2002 out of warranty apart from the natural price difference of a year older car, assuming the same average mileage.

Dave

He bought the 2002 white with tan and 801 miles (never titled)

Edit:oops, I type too slowwwwwww

How much was this thing? any links? any pics? is there another thread I missed? with 800 miles on the car I guess you shouldn't have a whole lot to worry about. I hope you don't plan on keeping it stock. :biggrin:

hey Matt did you see your leather on my steering wheel? It was just put on... the wrinkles will work themselves out but it looks great. Its about 1/2" thicker now with two-tone black and silver on my exhaust video.

hey Matt did you see your leather on my steering wheel? It was just put on... the wrinkles will work themselves out but it looks great. Its about 1/2" thicker now with two-tone black and silver on my exhaust video.

No, I never noticed it. I'll check out the video again. I hope you're happy with it though.

Congrats! And can't wait to see it! I'm sure you are going to love it! Are you driving it home or trailering it?

That's correct, it's a white 02, 801 miles in Seattle.

Did the warranty even start yet since it has never been titled? :confused:

Congrats!! You will love the car. Very rare color, with almost impossibly low mileage. Well done. :wink:

Was this the car that was in Acura’s corporate headquarters on display in the showroom? I remember reading a thread not to long ago on a white one that had ridiculous low miles on it and Acura was selling it.

Anyways, congrats on the new car......your going to love it!!!

The car was technically titled to American Honda right off the bat. The way it was explained to me is that the cars come with something like a certificate of origin before they are titled. This one was kept by Honda as a display for they're HQ in Portland OR, and therefore titled to them. The warrantee started on that day, so it is up. I confirmed that with the dealer.

congratulations! I just bought one a month ago and its not as new and expensive as yours and Im hecka excited. I know how you feel. Mines is coming from CA shipped to Hawaii. It should arrive before fifth of May. :smile:

Speaking of loans......

I have used Pentagon federal, (penfed) and many friends have immediatly switched to them after finding out thier rates. 6.14% on used, no prepay penality and instant approval over the phone. Takes only 3 days to get a check.

Worth checking out.

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

*No, I don't work for Penfed...

Penfed

Used Auto Loan Rates**
6.14% APR* Up to 36 months less than $7,500
6.14% APR* Up to 48 months $7,500 - $100,000
6.14% APR* Up to 60 months $10,000 - $100,000

Congrats Sinner!! I recently bought mine from my fishing boat in the Bering Sea, unseen as well!! I did have it checked out but still sight unseen for me! Glad you finally found what you were after! :cool:

In Europe we don't buy cars without seeing them first. :wink: That's what I would worry about.

801 miles...what a steal. Post pics up asap!

the car was actually at Honda's Northwest Training facility. All the cars there had less then a thousand miles on them. Some get sold and some get crushed. these cars were used to train Honda/Acura techs. I was there in November of last year, and this car was there ready to retire as a training car.

the car was actually at Honda's Northwest Training facility. All the cars there had less then a thousand miles on them. Some get sold and some get crushed. these cars were used to train Honda/Acura techs. I was there in November of last year, and this car was there ready to retire as a training car.

Can you elaborate? What do you mean training car? This car supposedly has had no bolts turned.

Back