My loan was Approved!!!!!!!

On the original thread:

This car was in the back of the shop and rarely worked on. Unlike some of the other cars that are in wonderful condition but are considered totaled because of the constant(not needed, but for training) work done to them.

"I'm not quite sure. American Honda seems to be a bit secretive about their operations when I inquired about its use and low miles. I was told it was a display model. There doesn't appear to have been any bolts turned or anything to suggest anyone working on the car. I hope this helps. Dennis Perry "

It seems the seller is the one promoting the 'no bolts turned' statement, while the 3rd party states the car was at a training facility, but was rarely worked on, and could therfore still be a 'good' purchase.

Congrats.. the most reliable relationship you will ever have.:biggrin:

The seller told me that he was not able to get much info on the car from Honda. He has a contact there that he buys cars through very often. He's apparently purchase hundreds of Hondas/Acuras through this guy over the past several years. It sounded like he has a good business relationship with him. The contact himself wasn't able to get much of a history on the car other then it was titled directly to American Honda and it was used as a display. I inquired about the car being used as a tech car in my first email to him. and he told me that he can't see how it could have. He's gone over the whole car, and there are no marks/scrathes on anything that would indicate than anything has been loosened or removed. I also spoke with the finance guy at the dealership (who is selling/advertising it for the broker), and he told me the same thing. I would think that a vehicle that has had it's engine worked on would show some evidence (marks on bolts from impact wrench etc.). Wouldn't you think?

My opinion is that you are getting basicly a brand new car at a great price. My own experience after owning 5 NSX's from new is that they are the most reliable & quality supercar ever made and yours will be no different!

Check out my gallery till your car arrives & congratulations..........your first aftermarket purchase should be to join the NSXCA.

Don't freak out. JUst wait until it arrives I am sure that ifit was a car that was constantly worked on you will be able to tell pretty quickly. Sounds like a great car.

Just get a PPI done on it and don't worry. Even it was used as a technical training vehicle, all of the maintanence is then up to date. Furthermore, these cars are hand built to begin with, so it's not like a human has never turned a bolt on the car before.

Nothing major was done, to any of the cars that they(Honda of America) have. If any thing big needs to be done they have sub systems of the cars on stands( engine, trans, p/s systems and so on). The cars themselves are used for stuff like wiring and troubleshooting using scan tools(HDS) to comunicate with the car.

Oh and the cars are taken pretty good care of. They stay inside year round and every week they get detailed. The only major thing that I saw that would develop on a training car was it acquired quite a few door dings.

That car while I was there looked pretty good except it was missing the front lip spoiler. I kinda played with it for a while.....just to show the other techs that are not familier with the NSX, how to open the hood, hatch, and trunk.

I'm sure it will be a really nice car and is worth what the seller was asking, just a questionable past.

Good luck.

Congrats, seems like a great deal, especially if warranty starts now. Only bad thing I can think of would be that the engine was probably not broken in properly (they say 600 miles w/ no rev above 5000 rpm), but these engines actually take quite a bit longer to really break in anyway. You'll also get the benefit of being the original owner come resale time, which is worth something for sure. Paint that top black and enjoy! :smile:

Just get a PPI done on it and don't worry. Even it was used as a technical training vehicle, all of the maintanence is then up to date. Furthermore, these cars are hand built to begin with, so it's not like a human has never turned a bolt on the car before.

What maintanence do you need done on a car with 800 miles? Maybe buying a car without driving it could be a bad idea, hopefully you got it inspected though.

Back