My 96-T Berlina Black Progress!

Finally got around to removing the door panels and got my front door speaker set up ready for install.

3/4 inch 6.5" inch spacer rings
5" 1/4 speaker baffles
6.5" Component PVM216 MB Quart Premium

Here couple pictures before I start installing it

IMG_0619.jpg IMG_0670.jpg IMG_0669.jpg IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0674.jpg IMG_0673.jpg

Center set up is next.One thing at a time. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Viper3CSTR79.jpg

Going for something like this!:wink:

Last edited:
So I finished up install. All I have to say is WOW! The sound came out better than I thought it would. Thats with just the component on the doors. I haven't even finish with the center rear panel for the coax yet. Anyways, here's a few more picture of the install complete.

IMG_0678.jpg IMG_0679.jpg IMG_0680.jpg IMG_0676.jpg IMG_0675.jpgIMG_0681.jpg IMG_0682.jpg

Honestly, I don't even feel like I need the center coax set up, LOL! That's how good it sounds. Clean, clear and loud! :biggrin:

Stay tune!

Last edited:
Tyler you should cut a part of those XTC baffles out and let the woofer breathe. You are really limiting the bass response otherwise. These are free air woofers and they are essentially going into a tiny enclosure making them more of a midrange driver. Cut one and you will see there is a difference compared to the other.

Tyler you should cut a part of those XTC baffles out and let the woofer breathe. You are really limiting the bass response otherwise. These are free air woofers and they are essentially going into a tiny enclosure making them more of a midrange driver. Cut one and you will see there is a difference compared to the other.

Dave, I was thinking about doing that. I was gonna post up and ask is that a good idea?! Hehe. The tweets and mid sounds freaking awesome right now but if I can get a little beat/bass out of it even better! I will do that once the speakers break in. Thanks D. :wink:

Cut the bottom so rain doesn't get in there from the top. Also make sure you fill that big gap between the door and the speaker with some foam. All around the area.

Do you want to make it look even more oem? buy an extra grille from the factory for $30. Rip the cloth off of it. Cut two circles out, slightly larger than the tweeters. Before fully tightetning the tweeter to the door, put the cloth around it and throw a small thin rubber band around the edge to hold it in place. Then tighten it down and the tweeter will have the same cloth around it and will look COMPLETELY OEM.

Cut the bottom so rain doesn't get in there from the top. Also make sure you fill that big gap between the door and the speaker with some foam. All around the area.

Do you want to make it look even more oem? buy an extra grille from the factory for $30. Rip the cloth off of it. Cut two circles out, slightly larger than the tweeters. Before fully tightetning the tweeter to the door, put the cloth around it and throw a small thin rubber band around the edge to hold it in place. Then tighten it down and the tweeter will have the same cloth around it and will look COMPLETELY OEM.

Not a bad idea. Might try it later.

Definitely feeling the side splinters on the oem side skirts. It doesn't take anything away from the oem look and looks like is was there from the factory, looks sick T! Nice new crib too, and a new vette?

Last edited:
Very nice!! Where did u get the side diffusers?!!

i made it cost me $50 bucks! Lol

Your a baller 4real now!:eek:(vette)Nice...
DF side strakes or fabricated?

Home made!
Definitely feeling the side splinters on the oem side skirts. It doesn't take anything away from the oem look and looks like is was there from the factory, looks sick T! Nice new crib too, and a new vette?

thanks bro! It's a new vette but not mines. Lol..I wish!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice splitters. Did you need to make any modification to make the splitters fit with the oem side skirts?

:biggrin:

Nope!

Any close ups of the strakes?

I'll gets some pictures for you later today.

- - - Updated - - -

OKI-BOY, here you go..

IMG_0769.jpg IMG_0770.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I said I was going to add a front lip and a pair of side skirts to my NSX. Change of plans. I've decided to stick with the OEM parts instead. :smile:

Looks great. Are these the foam ones from ebay like Oscar is running?

BINGO! :biggrin: I was waiting for someone to say this. Yep, these are the EZside from ebay. That's why I said it only cost me $50 bucks. Look just as good as the DF strakers. Looks even better in person. Haha :wink:

I looked at these...just wish I had seen them on your car before I spent7+ on df sidestrakes. lol.
At least repair will be cheaper next time.

What is the length of the splitters? 7 or 8,5 feet?

Believe it or not, it measures two different lenghts from left side to right.
At 1st I had my strakes on backwards and one side was too short.

Last edited:
Back