Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Two toned NSX spotted in west Michigan ;)

8ary7uby.jpg

tabu5y9e.jpg

^^^^ I would like to see what option box(s) you would have had to check to get that setup ;-P

Looks like you're well on your way to the full conversion.

Brian

They changed the rear speaker bulkhead sizes when they went from the one piece top armrest cover to the two piece. As a result my armrest doesn't quite plop into place...you can see the visual difference in this photo.

ve7eda9e.jpg

Looks like you are moving right along with your plan, Teej.

I must be getting old, because the weekend put the hurt on me - Departed early Saturday for 13th annual Perrysburg, OH, downtown car show. Enjoyable, weather just fine. Parked near a fellow (Ron) who ran in our early May Toledo CNC drive to Mon-Ami Winery in his F355 convertible w/ Tubi - I remembered his car from following it and enjoying the sweet music :biggrin: That show wound up around 215p so I headed on south to the CarTunes on Main Street show in Findlay, OH. They had a LARGE turnout, with all of downtown closed off and all show cars displayed on main and a block down the side streets. I was weasled down a side street but it was where I kind of wanted to be. Lots and lots of nice compliments for the Imola.
Was gonna stay over but "ran out of gas" so I departed that show early and got home around 915pm - tired from walking around and sunshine - about 240 miles roundtrip.
Watched the entire Sunday Honda Indy 200 Race from Mid Ohio Sports Car Course at Bob _ 54's beautiful home in South Lyon. No yellow flags for the entire 90 laps, and Wifey was corner boss at Turn 2, the "Keyhole." Toddled down into Ann Arbor and saw John Hiatt and his Combo play The Ark. D*mn good show there.

This Sunday, August 11th, 9-11am is the next Toledo Cars-n-Coffee run. Interested? I've heard from 3-5 "likelies"....

Spotted: Red 95-01 last night heading North on Orchard Lake at 12 mile. I don't believe I've seen it before.

Neal, I might be in for Toledo...If i'm not too beat from the car event a friend is throwing the night before....and if I get all my coolant hoses replaced......6 done so far, 17 to go. :(

This Sunday, August 11th, 9-11am is the next Toledo Cars-n-Coffee run. Interested? I've heard from 3-5 "likelies"....

Toooooo DAMN EARLY for us Neal, I would NEVER be able to get Linda on the road that early. I may have to steal her NSX & go without her (Ummm, Yeah Right :frown:) LOL !!!!

Okay, I registered for the NSXPO hotel back in February but just registered for the social event. Undecided on track portion. Other than Brian and Judy, who else is going?

alum04org, Thanks for the kind words. Lisa and I would be interested in doing that type of thing more often and on a slightly larger scale. We would keep it simple (cook out / refreshing beverages / possible race on tv) with kids and significant others welcome. It would be a fun time to get to know folks better and as odd as sounds there are no dirt roads required to get to my place.

I will have to check what I have going on Sunday, August 11th but I might be able to join you guys for the Toledo Cars-n-Coffee run.

Spotted coming off of I-96 onto 28th street headed toward Cascade (outer Grand Rapids area).. 97+ Yellow NSX, looked stock. I almost busted a U-Turn from the turn lane and followed.

Update: Apparently he has been seen in the Grand Haven area too..

Last edited:

Toooooo DAMN EARLY for us Neal, I would NEVER be able to get Linda on the road that early. I may have to steal her NSX & go without her (Ummm, Yeah Right :frown:) LOL !!!!

Dear Dave, Steal that M C blue NSX Sunday morning and join us!

Teej, We are planning to attend NSXPO. No further details yet other than that... the yellow NSX you saw must have looked real nice!

Meanwhile, we had fifteen present yesterday at our weekly NSX intelligence gathering at CJ's. :smile:

Neal, I think we might be able to make it (Fingers Crossed) The NSX doesn't go outta the garage without her in it LOL !!!! Guess I may have to do "The Neal Thing" someday & have His & Hers LMFAO :biggrin:

Neal, I think we might be able to make it (Fingers Crossed) The NSX doesn't go outta the garage without her in it LOL !!!! Guess I may have to do "The Neal Thing" someday & have His & Hers LMFAO :biggrin:

I'm going to see how far Toledo is from Grand Ledge when I get home. It better be like 30 minutes

I'm going to see how far Toledo is from Grand Ledge when I get home. It better be like 30 minutes

Well, it's just under 100 miles from Grand Ledge to Toledo.......so the elapsed time bit is really up to your right foot ;-P

Brian

Well, it's just under 100 miles from Grand Ledge to Toledo.......so the elapsed time bit is really up to your right foot ;-P

Brian

As per Neal's request to post more on Prime, I figured I would be the first to "Jump on the Band Wagon" & give a short report on our adventures South of the border to Toledo Cars & Coffee. After meeting some more of whom I call "The East Side Gang" we had an impromptu Business Meeting about the drive to T-Town. We took off south on US23 for some VERY spirited driving & the quickest time I have EVER made it to Toledo, or as my wife Linda phrased it "Death Race 2013" :eek:
We arrived & had a very good showing of NSX's 6or8 I believe & everything from mild to wild with a heavy showing of Ferrari's, Porche's & of course Corvette's. What an AWESOME TIME & Neal was as usual a BLAST to hang with as was all the new guys we met:smile:
We took the scenic route home at a much slower legal pace & what an AWESOME experience it was. Thanks Guys can't wait to get together again for our next adventure !!!!!

Dave & Linda L.

Last edited:
I wished I attended; instead, I played a crappy round of golf on a doubly-crappy course. But I did see a red NSX making the turn from north US-23 on to east M-14 just before noon. Red early NSX... Blodi, I think it was you on the way back from toledo. Or an impostor. :)

In the immortal words of Jack, I'M BACK. Too busy this summer and just haven't been online. Liz and I are attending XPO this year including the track event. We are planning on driving down Thursday. We are also interested in hosting a get together at our house since it is 95% done. Planning on after Labor Day so throw out some weekend days and requests for food and beverages. Hopefully the NSX is back, garage floor done (Found a place that gives a LIFETIME warranty on an epoxy floor), lift installed, salt water stabilized, TV installed, and PS3 hooked up with the racing setup,

"salt water stabilized" --- reef tank? Sweet, count me in!

In the immortal words of Jack, I'M BACK. Too busy this summer and just haven't been online. Liz and I are attending XPO this year including the track event. We are planning on driving down Thursday. We are also interested in hosting a get together at our house since it is 95% done. Planning on after Labor Day so throw out some weekend days and requests for food and beverages. Hopefully the NSX is back, garage floor done (Found a place that gives a LIFETIME warranty on an epoxy floor), lift installed, salt water stabilized, TV installed, and PS3 hooked up with the racing setup,

Was wondering if you had left Prime.

Great to see others jumping in and keeping this thread going.

"Death Race 2013" ;-P

Tim, the house sounds nice but you know me......I want to check out the garage!

No update yet on the purple car's engine (still at LoveFab for an upgrade / refresh) but we're hoping to get it back in the not-too-distant future.
We're taking the red car to NSXPO, so no constraints there.......

Brian

I wished I attended; instead, I played a crappy round of golf on a doubly-crappy course. But I did see a red NSX making the turn from north US-23 on to east M-14 just before noon. Red early NSX... Blodi, I think it was you on the way back from toledo. Or an impostor. :)

Yeah, that was me. Definitely had a good time going to Toledo :) Good weekend overall, I think I put almost 300 miles on the car or so? Also, shout out to Brian (and Judi) for letting borrow a clutch hose after mine burst Friday evening. That's twice they've helped me out when I've had 22 year old rubber let go over the last few weeks. Very thankful for such a tight knit local group here.

Dave and Linda it was really nice of you to join us - thanks for getting up early and driving on down here to meet up.

Jorligan your Ibis white R8 V-10 woulda purred like a kitty on the cruise to T-town. Wish you were there!

We had six NSXs show at Toledo CnC. Here are the Michigan contingent, with Pam and Vince's sweet black F360 in the foreground:

Here are two out of Findlay, OH. Red owned by Jim, who is a Honda "employee" - silver 91 new owner is Don, who bought his out of E. PA a few weeks ago - it has only 9200 miles on the clock!

And, self-explanatory!

^^^ I was waiting for someone to post pictures of the Toledo C&C meet. thanks Neal.

Hated to miss that, but our guys did well at Mid-Ohio.......both the DSR and ITB drivers set personal bests on that challenging course!

Ryan- I'm really not trying to part out our purple car, but am glad to help in the meantime ;^D

Brian

Back