MARGAHILLS Side Skirt Real or Fake??

I have been talking to some people in the last 2 months about the MArgahills Sideskirt and found different specs and vast differences in pricing.

What I want to know is...Does the Margahills fit wide fenders only or does it fit the originals also?

Some tell me that they will fit ONLY wide fenders some tell me...They will fit originals and wide fenders. They also say that what they sell is the original MArgahills product.

Shed some light please:D

Mike

pok8rok8 said:
What I want to know is...Does the Margahills fit wide fenders only or does it fit the originals also?
Mike

My car had MargaHill sideskirt with stock fender before. It fits perfect without any modification. But beware of the poor quality copys...

Except Vinnie's

I own a pair of Vinnie's reproduction Marga Hills, and have been told they are actually nicer than the original. The ones I have are absolutely beautiful, with the finish as good as the car.

I have Vinny's MH side skirts on my car as well. Quality and fit is great! Nice thing is that it comes with all the necessary mounting brackets. I am happy with it.

Al

I have seen the Vinny copy's on two local tampabay cars and IMO they look great, could someone post the cost per pair?
david

Re: Except Vinnie's

ncdogdoc said:
I own a pair of Vinnie's reproduction Marga Hills, and have been told they are actually nicer than the original. The ones I have are absolutely beautiful, with the finish as good as the car.

How can it be nicer than the original if it is a Copy?:confused:

Re: Re: Except Vinnie's

generation2 said:
How can it be nicer than the original if it is a Copy?:confused:

Compare a 1990 Lexus LS400 to a 1990 300E Mercedes. Toyota made the copy much better, and it cost a lot less.:D

Vinnies are supposed to be better quality materials, as I understand.

BTW, mine are for sale. I bought them for the race car, and need money for actual go fast parts. They are painted Sebring Silver, and I will take $450 plus shipping for them. They have never been mounted.

Diveboy said:
Can some one tell me how to get a hold of some of Vinnie's side skirts. Does some one have a number him or some pics of how they look on the car?

Thanks
Jim

NSX2NV has them on his car(yellow NSX with blitz technospeed Z2 alloys)

Vinny's MH replica side-skirts

Diveboy said:
Can some one tell me how to get a hold of some of Vinnie's side skirts. Does some one have a number him or some pics of how they look on the car?

Contact Vinnie at [email protected]

Here are some on Ben's red NSX

fd96fff4.jpg

fc472e0e.jpg

Some close-ups of the MH replicas on Scott's green NSX. The front portion blends with stock front fenders better than the MH originals do -- the latter were designed to work with aftermarket MH wide front fenders.

fc472e11.jpg

fc472e13.jpg

Last edited:
kwiknsx said:
Hey, you don't want want to drive a fake NSX. Copy is always Copy. No matter what the original always the best.!
Please don't take offense to my saying so but that has got to be one of the most ignorant statement's I've heard in quite awhile.

As a matter of fact Vinny re-engineered the Marga Hills skirts so that his version has better fitment than the original. With over 30 years of experience in the auto body biz he was able to make some minor changes to the design of the skirts to make installation and the finished product better. He also uses better materials than the Marga Hills so the product will hold up better. I just don't understand how you can say "No matter what the original is always the best.":rolleyes:

All Car Services
Vinny Hollar (sp?)
(321)-453-6969
[email protected]

I can't remember the price off the top of my head but I remember it was very resonable considering the fit and finish of the side steps.

I also had mine painted by Vinny but the match was not perfect because he didn't have my car to match with (The actual paint job on the side steps was flawless). Unless you can take your car to Vinny's shop I'd just order the preped version and have a good local shop paint and install.

I still think the original is better ! My pride get damage knowing that if I have fake imitation cheep stuff in my NSX. Even
they are cheeper and look the same. FAKE is FAKE. never be the original If Vinny is so good why he could not make his originals ? why had to copy? stole somebody's idea and try to make bucks?

I found out the original Marga HIlls parts are distributed by Phase in Japan and this kits are produced by Phase. distributer for Phase in US are Pass Limit USA and Bozz Performance. cost of original side step is around $1,000 if sold under this price, they are fake.

If original is always better, then why not just keep your "original" stock side skirts?!?! :p Might as well keep the whole car original too right? --> no offense, just trying to make a point. :)
Regards
Z

kwiknsx said:
I still think the original is better ! My pride get damage knowing that if I have fake imitation cheep stuff in my NSX. Even
they are cheeper and look the same. FAKE is FAKE. never be the original If Vinny is so good why he could not make his originals ? why had to copy? stole somebody's idea and try to make bucks?

I found out the original Marga HIlls parts are distributed by Phase in Japan and this kits are produced by Phase. distributer for Phase in US are Pass Limit USA and Bozz Performance. cost of original side step is around $1,000 if sold under this price, they are fake.

NSX FoYoAss said:
If original is always better, then why not just keep your "original" stock side skirts?!?! :p Might as well keep the whole car original too right? --> no offense, just trying to make a point. :)
Regards
Z
Just think about it deep! what I want to say. For example JGTC parts Are they original from factory? but they are original not copy cheep shit.

I am loving my fake NSX margi hills side skirts all the way to the bank!!! Just bought a new painted set for 500.00 Dont you just love it.........

kwiknsx said:
Just think about it deep! what I want to say. For example JGTC parts Are they original from factory? but they are original not copy cheep shit.

For the record, I own a set of the side skirts made by Vinny and they are neither "cheep" nor cheap. They are simply more affordable due to the fact that he's not raking people over the coals as is often the case with the Japanese tuners. If it means that much to you to be able to say that you bought the Marga Hills parts from Japan then spend the extra money and do so Kwiknsx. By the way, what sideskirts do you have on your car anyway???

TampaBayNSX-R said:
For the record, I own a set of the side skirts made by Vinny and they are neither "cheep" nor cheap. They are simply more affordable due to the fact that he's not raking people over the coals as is often the case with the Japanese tuners. If it means that much to you to be able to say that you bought the Marga Hills parts from Japan then spend the extra money and do so Kwiknsx. By the way, what sideskirts do you have on your car anyway???
I feel sorry for the people who bought thier Marga Hills kit not knowing that they were fake. and I am one of them. This company sold me the kit actually showing
Marga Hills pic tures on thier web site. How can they fool people like that! Just for the price most of the people go for it. But I regret buying fake. Fake stay fake, and you yourself know they are fake. But now took them off from my nsx, they went to garbage where they belong. I just order a new kit from Pass Limit USA for a new look.
I love my NSX I will decorate her with pride. no fake

to each his own

kwiknsx said:
I love my NSX I will decorate her with pride.
Amen to that... can't we all just get along ?? :D

Note that most Japanese "aero kits" are replicas of racing (JGTC) car parts. Even an "original" MH or Backyard Special is at best a "copy" of something from a racecar. The racecar stuff is carbon-fiber, typically one-off components (you don't want the competition having the same aero advantage, right) ??

############

If you've been to the actual fabrication places for Phase, Advance, MH, etc (and I've been to a few) -- they are no "fancier" than ones I've seen over here. Materials and processes are comparable, etc.

The MH-replica sideskirts from Vinnie have been adapted to have a better fitment with OE bodywork/fenders than the original... IMO this makes it look better, more seamless -- IMO as good as, if not better than, any out there from the "NSX motherland"... contrast this with some of the "original knockoff" aerokits from Gruppe-M or Phase that had body clearances that bordered on the kit-car-ish (see "HyperRev #32" for examples). Not knocking some of the originals, but these were first-generation examples that have gotten refined over time.

Back