MARGAHILLS Side Skirt Real or Fake??

tpearsall said:
Dumb question, but I gotta ask...about the fake boobs...errr...I mean, where do the side skirts vent to? Brakes, engine compartment, ??

Thanks.

On my car they simply let air pass through and really serve no functional purpose that I can see(other than looks), however you will need to ask kwiknsx what purpose they serve on his JGTC car.

I was thinking they might be just for looks, but if they're on the JGTC cars they must have SOME purpose even if it's just slightly improved areodynamics around the wheel or something?

you could duct them to cool the rear brakes since there are openings on the chassis that leads to the rear wheel wells, but it's pretty pointless for a street car. I have never heard of a NSX cooking its rear brakes on the street or track

Does it matter if it is fake or real? If you are satified with what you paid for the side skirts and are happy with the way it looks on your NSX who cares if the side skirts are real of fake?:smile:

Does it matter if it is fake or real? If you are satified with what you paid for the side skirts and are happy with the way it looks on your NSX who cares if the side skirts are real of fake?:smile:

You realize the last post on here is almost four years old right?

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the date.

Vinny's Son Rob Here, I have done EVERY set of the side skirts, he makes the bracketing, I do the fabrication, (from cutting out the screen hole's, installing the screen, body work, all the way to primer, and paint.) I have done every set. I just acquired a black on black '91. Went from a ZPRESENCE to An XPRESENCE. How are you Wei-Shen, Ben, Scott,Greg?

Attachments

• Phone cam 045.jpg
    Phone cam 045.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Back