• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Making a comeback.

Well after only 10 months after selling the NSX looks like she's coming back home.:rolleyes: Jose has agreed to sell her back to me. Hopefully everything will work out by friday. I sold it in Dec. since it just sat in the garage 99% of the time. Then in Aug. I found out I had bladder cancer and have been dealing with that. Pretty much looks like I'm out of the woods. They removed it all and treatments are going very well. So now I realize that life is short, very short! I needed a pick me up get well present and what better gift than an NSX. I will be spending more time driving her this time. I hope to see you locals soon.:wink:

Welcome back, David. Glad you're on the road to recovery.

David, you are getting a great car back just to let you know after tonight it just needs 3 small thing to make it perfect a new clutch, new transmission and last a new motor......:wink:

David, that's awesome news! I'm very glad to hear you're ok and that the NSX is going back to you!!!

Get well soon!

David, you are getting a great car back just to let you know after tonight it just needs 3 small thing to make it perfect a new clutch, new transmission and last a new motor......:wink:

haha....and an exhaust! :biggrin: jk jk

Wow, David, we didn't know. Glad to hear that you're back in the saddle. Maybe you'll be inspired to post more here again.
Y'know, it's not to late to get in on NSXPO ....:wink:

nice to hear you are back and that the nsx is a reward...btw as I'm sure your docs have told you complete resection of standard bladder cancer has a very high cure rate...but be vigilent, the same external factors coupled with your genetics means that another tumor could pop up anywhere along you "plumbing"

nice to hear you are back and that the nsx is a reward...btw as I'm sure your docs have told you complete resection of standard bladder cancer has a very high cure rate...but be vigilent, the same external factors coupled with your genetics means that another tumor could pop up anywhere along you "plumbing"
Fortunately I had stage 1 which did not require this procedure. We caught it early enough and I'm currently going through the BCG treatments. I've just completed my 6th treatment {one per week} and hoping a biopsy is clear on 11/22. Then it's 1 treatment a month for 12 months. My fingers stay crossed daily.

Sorry to hear of the events....I never knew that you sold the car nor were going through cancer treatments. Funny that while posting last night, I wondered why I haven't seen the numerous posts from you in a while. Glad that you're ok...get better soon.

I really appreciate the responses guys. It's a great feeling. Jose is a fantastic friend for offering it back to me. Friends like that don't come along often in life. I'm looking forward to picking it up hopefully tomorrow sometime.

I really appreciate the responses guys. It's a great feeling. Jose is a fantastic friend for offering it back to me. Friends like that don't come along often in life. I'm looking forward to picking it up hopefully tomorrow sometime.

Does Jose still have the 350z?

So Jose....what's next??? It wouldn't happen to be a Grand National would it??? :biggrin:

Welcome back David. I hope everything checks out with you physically. We'll see you soon

Very possibly E46 M3. He's looking if you have any leads.

Nice. Very interesting, because I've been dying to replace my current daily driver and was considering the M3. I've been browsing for used ones...but ultimately want a 08 Z06...but those are twice the price. But that would be one hell of a daily. :smile:

Local chev. dealer has a gorgous used black one for sale here. I drool everytime I drive by. I got to drive one back in Dec. Very driver friendly and comfortable unlike the earlier models. Definately a car to own.
Nice. Very interesting, because I've been dying to replace my current daily driver and was considering the M3. I've been browsing for used ones...but ultimately want a 08 Z06...but those are twice the price. But that would be one hell of a daily. :smile:

Do It. =)

Davidf,

First, congrats on the health news and secondly, you sold your NSX? Thirdly, small world that Jose (who I've shared PM's with and asked for pictures of your car) was asking me about Porsche's....

Small NSX world.:smile: Welcome back into NSX ownership.

Davidf,

First, congrats on the health news and secondly, you sold your NSX? Thirdly, small world that Jose (who I've shared PM's with and asked for pictures of your car) was asking me about Porsche's....

Small NSX world.:smile: Welcome back into NSX ownership.
Glad to be back. The NSX is now snuggly back in my garage.:biggrin:

Hmm, I have an e46 M3 and I've been tempted by the NSX. It wouldn't make much sense as a daily in place of the M3, but I can't help but want one too.

I don't understand, the NSX is a very suited daily driver. It's very comfortable and will last as long as any Accord. You'd be suprised how easy and economical it is to drive around town.

Back