Lowest Milage 1991 - 1995 NSX

Lots of NSX's out there with under 10k.
Am sure there are quite few in the "hundreds"
My 94 has about 62-63k.:smile:

I agree, I bet that prince fellow (can't remember his name) with the crazy car collection where he not only gets every model, but often every color sits an NSX that hans't seek 1K.

I drive mine. 95/70K

I think with as many of these that they made, you are bound to find quite a few in collections with very Low miles.

There was a '91 or '92 Berlina Black / Onyx for sale in Oregon a year or so ago that only had 352 original miles. It was wild. The car was on Ebay with pictures of everything, including the odometer. A true time capsule car from a car collection. The really strange thing is the car was plated. Why would you plate a car you have not driven...EVER?? :confused:

Mitch, what do you mean the car was plated?

I did read about that car but don't recall it being plated...

There was a '91 or '92 Berlina Black / Onyx for sale in Oregon a year or so ago that only had 352 original miles. It was wild. The car was on Ebay with pictures of everything, including the odometer. A true time capsule car from a car collection. The really strange thing is the car was plated. Why would you plate a car you have not driven...EVER?? :confused:

Plated? A better question is why OWN a car that is never driven?

I think some people are of the impression that their NSX will go up in value from purchase price if they keep the milage low. This of course is foolish thinking.

Cars are NOT smart investments, real estate is a better choice. Drive your car and let your house just sit there and appreciate because your car (no matter how little you drive it) will not.

Shame on you people who let your NSX waste away in your garage.

Mine is a 3rd vehicle but i still drive it every time its sunny and applicable to do so.

I look at high milage as a badge of honor. It shows that these cars arent just eye candy but function as well as they look.

My Sebring silver just turned 102,000. :frown:

Wish the miles were lower, but love to drive the car. (Didn't buy it to look at it!) Never any problems. Never leaks or uses oil. Perfect maintenence has kept it perfect. I'd drive it every day, but drive too much with my work.
Besides...have 6 cars to choose from!
I'm the second owner...bought it 6 years ago with 81,000 mis.
Still all original and in beautiful condition. Everyone thinks it's new!

There's one here in town with under 10,000 mis. He won't sell it...just likes looking at it I guess. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
When I was shopping for my 87 Grand National, I could'nt believe all the 87 {best year} GN's and GNX's with only a couple of hundred miles on them. It was ridiculous.

I think he means registered with a license plate.:confused:

91 62,900 miles:)

Its always ideal to have lower mileage car having said that all you 91-93 under15k milers be ready for gasket failures in ABS, Valve cover, oil pan, seals throughout most mechanical moving parts, not to mention rubber parts rotting and becoming delicate:biggrin:

Learned my lesson on an old school 911 never buy to low miles it costs mucho deniro's, Ferrari owners are going through this dilema with low mileage Testarossas and Fcars as well.

My Sebring silver just turned 102,000. :frown:

I'd drive it every day, but drive too much with my work.
Besides...have 6 cars to choose from!

From sig.........
"69 Jaguar XKE, '71 Triumph TR6, '72 MG Midget, '73 Fiat 850 Sport Spyder"

Being a British car affectionist, I got a chuckle out of your post. The chances of any of those 4 vehicles providing reliable transportation (much less starting up) on any given day are not exactly confidence inspiring. :)

It had a full Oregon registration. I remember it because in Oregon they have front license plates, and I recall thinking how foolish it was to pay those registration fees for all those years, and put on a front license plate bracket that could damage the paint, all on an NSX they were not driving.

btw, thats the worst thing you can do to a car- pretty soon you'll have leaky seals all over the place.

agreed. Cranked car and drove 100 miles and had leakdown, compression test. No issues...

I am suprised

WOW!! That is wild. Why doesn't she drive it? What color combo is it?
inspite the low miles she drove it daily for 13 years. Her commute is only 5 miles a day. Her brother , sister and mom, all had a stroke in the same year. She cares for all 3 and drives a van to accomodate them....too much on her mind and no time to drive a two seater....She hasnt sold it for it was a gift from dad. He has told her to sell it....

I stand corrected , it has been cranked but not driven over 50 miles in 3 years, until today. No issues, other then slow slow slow windows.....
Hopefully I can list on the board, ebay , etc soon

agreed. Cranked car and drove 100 miles and had leakdown, compression test. No issues...

I am suprised

I'm not. :)

PM me before you post it publicly please. In the meantime, can you please check to see if the tranny is in snap ring range please?

Thanks I read it wrong, now I remember the plate thing.

I'm almost afraid to post my mileage, but do love driving the car :)

91 62,900 miles:)

Its always ideal to have lower mileage car having said that all you 91-93 under15k milers be ready for gasket failures in ABS, Valve cover, oil pan, seals throughout most mechanical moving parts, not to mention rubber parts rotting and becoming delicate:biggrin:

Learned my lesson on an old school 911 never buy to low miles it costs mucho deniro's, Ferrari owners are going through this dilema with low mileage Testarossas and Fcars as well.

My 911s ( and all the other German cars that I've owned ) screwed up whether I drove them or not - my Acura Legend did not so I bought a very low mile 94 NSX ( currently it has 18K miles ) and since then 2 Honda Accords used as daily drivers. I've had the car for years and only rarely drive it - there are no leaks or other problems. The design and implementation of Honda and Toyota gaskets is the reason for the lack of leaking. European automakers simply don't make fluid containment, reliability, and longevity as big a priority as speed, handling, and good car magazine reveiws.

Last edited:
Back