iPhone coming to Verizon?

I just read a few reports saying iPhone 4 coming to verizon in March. Isn't that awfully close to iPhone 5 coming on AT&T?

I am not sure what they can really do much better in iPhone 5. Maybe a faster chip? better front facing camera. HDMI out?

I just read a few reports saying iPhone 4 coming to verizon in March. Isn't that awfully close to iPhone 5 coming on AT&T?

I am not sure what they can really do much better in iPhone 5. Maybe a faster chip? better front facing camera. HDMI out?

Can you post a link to said reports, please?

I'm more anxious for Apple to come out with a new version of the iPad with a USB interface....:biggrin: Once that comes out I'll be integrating it into the car with a custom fiberglass mount! This is a cool product for the vehicle as a SECONDARY Input source. But not as the primary radio as it's too hard to use while driving down the road.

I had an iPhone for about 3 months when it first came out - I was glad to pay just to get out of the contract back to Verizon. Apple service just sucks as I could not carry on a normal conversation 80% of the time. I had to carry a Verizon flip phone just to talk so finally I said screw that and went back to Verizon with my Droid 2 and I'm a happy camper for now.

rick

Apple did order a lot of CDMA chipset but it might not be for verizon. Many report said that they will market CDMA iphone for India market. So I think eventually Verizon will get it but not until 2012 when the contract with AT&T is up. I don't see any reason for them to launch the phone a few months early but have to pay a fee to AT&T. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm more anxious for Apple to come out with a new version of the iPad with a USB interface....:biggrin: Once that comes out I'll be integrating it into the car with a custom fiberglass mount! This is a cool product for the vehicle as a SECONDARY Input source. But not as the primary radio as it's too hard to use while driving down the road.

I had an iPhone for about 3 months when it first came out - I was glad to pay just to get out of the contract back to Verizon. Apple service just sucks as I could not carry on a normal conversation 80% of the time. I had to carry a Verizon flip phone just to talk so finally I said screw that and went back to Verizon with my Droid 2 and I'm a happy camper for now.

rick

It's not Apple's service, it's AT&T's ;)

Apple did order a lot of CDMA chipset but it might not be for verizon. Many report said that they will market CDMA iphone for India market. So I think eventually Verizon will get it but not until 2012 when the contract with AT&T is up. I don't see any reason for them to launch the phone a few months early but have to pay a fee to AT&T. It just doesn't make sense.

Everyone seems to forget about the iPad, could be CDMA chipset for a Verizon iPad.

Everyone seems to forget about the iPad, could be CDMA chipset for a Verizon iPad.

Well, if that were the case they would probably have released a CDMA iPad now instead of having to use another device to get online.

Well, if that were the case they would probably have released a CDMA iPad now instead of having to use another device to get online.

The chipset is not available yet. We don't know if they order 850/1900MHZ CDMA for verizon or 800/1900MHZ for india/china market.

When media people heard that Apple order million of CDMA chipsets they automatically assume it's for verizon but in fact many other part of the world such as India, China, Japan and etc also use CDMA technology.

Last edited:
Well anyone wanting a 7 inch iPad can kiss that goodbye. Ole'stevo just trashed all 7 inch tablets calling them Doa.

They must have let the interns write that story. Everyone who's been around a while knows that Apple is always buy on rumor and sell on news. It's been that way for 25+ years. I gotta laugh at iPad sales being described as disappointing. 6 months ago the experts were predicting Apple might sell 1 to 3 million all year. I knew the minute I saw it that it would sell like hotcakes.

I'm more anxious for Apple to come out with a new version of the iPad with a USB interface..

It already has a USB interface.

USB is what you use to back up, connect your camera, SD cards, 3rd party products, etc. Of course, whether or not there's a specific driver or upper level service is app and iOS dependent.

Last edited:
It already has a USB interface.

USB is what you use to back up, connect your camera, SD cards, 3rd party products, etc. Of course, whether or not there's a specific driver or upper level service is app and iOS dependent.

I think he means something that is not proprietary to Apple.. like a simple USB port on every single other PC.

Apple should have signed up with Sprint instead of ATT and Verizon.

Except for the fact that Sprint was hemorrhaging customers an unprecedented pace when negotiations were started. :eek:

There is a reason their service plans are cheaper than VZ or T.

Except for the fact that Sprint was hemorrhaging customers an unprecedented pace when negotiations were started. :eek:

There is a reason their service plans are cheaper than VZ or T.

My work pays for my phone bill for domestic and international.

Dunno what the service plan rates are compared to the others.

I've had VZ for 10 years and ATT for 3 years.

VZ was good until the smart phones started to get popular. This killed their bandwidth with network equipment designed to handle calls and text messaging.

My work gave me the option to pick VZ and ATT, but i choose Sprint since their voice clarity is much like a LAN line (important on business and con calls).

Roaming for Sprint is covered by VZ, the better of the 2 if you factor in ATT.

So in essence I have the BEST service provider.

I watched my brother do stuff on his 4G network (Sprint) next to his friends iPhone and it was like comparing a Z06 to a NSX in performance.

My work pays for my phone bill for domestic and international.

Dunno what the service plan rates are compared to the others.

I've had VZ for 10 years and ATT for 3 years.

VZ was good until the smart phones started to get popular. This killed their bandwidth with network equipment designed to handle calls and text messaging.

My work gave me the option to pick VZ and ATT, but i choose Sprint since their voice clarity is much like a LAN line (important on business and con calls).

Roaming for Sprint is covered by VZ, the better of the 2 if you factor in ATT.

So in essence I have the BEST service provider.

I watched my brother do stuff on his 4G network (Sprint) next to his friends iPhone and it was like comparing a Z06 to a NSX in performance.

LAN line? You mean land line?

I'm frugal at heart so even though work pays for my phone, I have Sprint- because it's the cheapest. I primarily use voice and I can't stand it. In fact, I just moved a couple weeks back and to add insult to injury with the pain in the ass of moving, I don't get service at the new house. But I figure- as long as i'm getting bent over by a carrier, I might as well get the shaft the cheapest way possible. ;)

I won't disparage their data network speeds (provided you are in a 4G area). It IS fast.

Last edited:
I think he means something that is not proprietary to Apple.. like a simple USB port on every single other PC.

Yeah would be nice since micro-USB has also been adopted as the standard for mobile phone charging. All of the major phone manufacturers have agreed and adopted the micro-USB standard. It's worked out very well for me having an older phone that used a micro-USB charger and I could re-use all the chargers and cables I had before.

3rd parties have access to the 30 pin standard. It's nice to have a single standard across all the iOS devices that can be counted on. There are numerous 3rd party doodads that connect via the 30 pin connector, so I don't see the problem. For example, if you wanted to make a diabetes meter that plugged into the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch you could do so.

This is a portable device and in my opinion, i wouldn't want to see it tied down with all sorts of various cables. Like always, Apple is trying to keep things very simple and without multiple connectors and cables.

The standard iOS 30 pin connector can provide USB connectivity, charging and other capabilities all in one connector.

The OP was talking about integration into autos and there are already tons of people doing that now with the current 30 pin USB connector, so I don't understand why he would be waiting. People have been doing this since last April in a big way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnIXfoSU6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SkltRqOF5k&feature=related

It's already there and already happening.

Last edited:
Back