iPhone coming to Verizon?

Mobile hotspot will cost extra. If you jailbreak your AT&T phone you can have a mobile hotspot too via cydia for a one time 19.99 charge.

And those 5 devices will be disconnected whenever a call comes in. :rolleyes:

Never thought about that. That does suck.

As for AT&T, they are much faster in Jacksonville than Verizon. The downside is there 3g coverage isn't close to what Verizon is, so if you travel up and down the coast, AT&T loses 3g all the time.

Last edited:
On the LTE issue: Think about 4G phones like the Evo. The #1 complaint is the short battery life if you are using the 4G network. The standard recommendation from Sprint is to turn it off unless you are using it. Keep in mind this is a big phone with a big replaceable battery. The iPhone is physically smaller and has a smaller battery. The battery life would be even more of a joke. Therefore, Apple is likely waiting for the next generation chipset with better efficiency before implementing 4G, which they are doing for AT&T's network anyway.

They did this for the 3G network as well.

On the LTE issue: Think about 4G phones like the Evo. The #1 complaint is the short battery life if you are using the 4G network. The standard recommendation from Sprint is to turn it off unless you are using it. Keep in mind this is a big phone with a big replaceable battery. The iPhone is physically smaller and has a smaller battery. The battery life would be even more of a joke. Therefore, Apple is likely waiting for the next generation chipset with better efficiency before implementing 4G, which they are doing for AT&T's network anyway.

They did this for the 3G network as well.

Yeah, I don't see Apple releasing the iPhone "5" as 4G capable, but what do I know. I didn't think we'd see a Verizon iPhone this year. At least I was right about Verizon not getting an LTE iPhone.

Is this the thread where someone said that ATT is going to be bankrupt in 5 years? :tongue:

My guess is iPhone 5 will add an HDMI out, but not sure what else. It doesn't need to be any faster. It could be a little bigger. maybe 3.7 inch or 4 at most.

I think there will be a lot of unhappy people if it is not LTE by July. Verizon will have a lot of coverage by then. They already have pretty good LTE coverage.

If battery life is a concern, we will see it in the slew of android phones out there.

My guess is iPhone 5 will add an HDMI out, but not sure what else. It doesn't need to be any faster. It could be a little bigger. maybe 3.7 inch or 4 at most.

I think there will be a lot of unhappy people if it is not LTE by July. Verizon will have a lot of coverage by then. They already have pretty good LTE coverage.

If battery life is a concern, we will see it in the slew of android phones out there.

iPhone with HDMI out? I don't think we'll see that. I also think iPhone 5 will not be significantly faster. Maybe bigger screen, specially if they redesign it to accommodate a bigger battery for LTE.

As for LTE, I think there will be a lot more pissed off Verizon iPhone owners if they release an LTE iPhone in the summer. Their LTE coverage isn't that widespread. Sure they are making improvements, but the majority won't get LTE service most likely till next year. Here's a map of their current LTE coverage.

5347128503_f5e34fc444_b.jpg

VZW commercial.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FlN3BgsV1nc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Back