• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Introducing the Acura NSX DIY LED Taillight Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Chris, what number customer are you on? I'm anxious. :smile:

I would like to open up the taillight lenses to clear out some moisture but am concerned that I may crack the lenses. Any info on how to do this would be appreciated.
Thanks, TooTall

Just a bump. I'm currently finishing my second customer, and starting on my third customer.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I received my lights yesterday and am very pleased with Chris's work, I'll have them back on my car tonight or tomorrow and will post some pictures.

Just a note on the install, if your lights are shipping I would pull them and get the prep work done prior to receiving the lights. The actual assembly of Chris's components only takes around an hour.
Separating the lens and removing the glue from the the housing and the lens is a real PITA. It's slow and time consuming, I used a 4 dollar glue gun from the Home Depot as well as heating an exacto knife over a flame to get as much glue out as possible.

Michael

I'm following this thread very closely and I'm too also interested in the difference between red/orange and red only.

Also as a suggestion, it would be nice to toss in the option of white LED's for the rear tag. It was this image that made me think about it - as the entire car is 100% updated except for the tag.

led2.jpg

Here are some pictures of the job completed, I'm not a great photographer, the lights look much redder and better in person without the camera flash and when it's darker out.

When I tested the red led's without the lens cover they were bright red, I think the lens cover changes the color slightly, a clear lens cover would be awesome.

There is also no issue with the bulb out warning or hyper flashing of the blinkers because of his added resistors.

I want to thank Chris for making such a great product available and answering all my questions immediately, he is an asset to the NSX community.

Michael

View attachment 62187

View attachment 62188

View attachment 62189

View attachment 62190

The pics look great! Thank you for posting them.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

hi Chris:
is there any way to make sure both light aiming at the same level?
on the photos above seems the left side aim higher and the right side is low...
maybe its the camera, do both LED panel sits tight inside or we will have to adjust it before sealing it back together?

You've got a good eye :smile: The leds are fine I need to adjust the right taillight assembly, my right taillight didn't install as flush as the left so I'll pull it and reinstall it tomorrow.

Thanks guys, as I said my pictures don't do justice to how the lights look in person. The brake lights, blinkers and reverse lights are something to really see at night.

have been following thread for a while and i am interested in the converison.
can anyone put a time amount on how long the conversion took start to finish for someone who is pretty handy or atleast can follow instructions well.

can you email the instructions for me to review as well? thanks

[email protected] thanks again

also a total price for the red led complete set with replacement gaskets, also is there a discount for two set delivered to same adress?? i have 93 and my brother as 91

I'll send you the instructions along with a quote.

Thank You
have been following thread for a while and i am interested in the converison.
can anyone put a time amount on how long the conversion took start to finish for someone who is pretty handy or atleast can follow instructions well.

can you email the instructions for me to review as well? thanks

[email protected] thanks again

also a total price for the red led complete set with replacement gaskets, also is there a discount for two set delivered to same adress?? i have 93 and my brother as 91

Here are some pictures of the job completed, I'm not a great photographer, the lights look much redder and better in person without the camera flash and when it's darker out.

When I tested the red led's without the lens cover they were bright red, I think the lens cover changes the color slightly, a clear lens cover would be awesome.

There is also no issue with the bulb out warning or hyper flashing of the blinkers because of his added resistors.

I want to thank Chris for making such a great product available and answering all my questions immediately, he is an asset to the NSX community.

Michael

View attachment 62187

View attachment 62188

View attachment 62189

View attachment 62190

How come these look different that this:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1232244&postcount=115

The one in the post I linked looks like one large panel whereas this one looks like 3 separate sections.

Also, any response to the question I asked about the tagplate lamp?

I offer two styles. the 3-bar style, which is the pic you posted, and the GTC style, which YTRY got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back