I think I want an Audi RS4, anyone have one?

I think the RS4 might be the best bet for me. I love my M coupe but sadly, the NE winter is getting to be a bit much for me. I searched far and wide for it, and finally after getting it, it's just too much of a pain in the ass for daily driving. The RWD/snow combo is a disaster and my hour commute to work is so uncomfortable, Im aching when I finally arrive. It's such a shame because I love my M and only have 4k miles on it, and looked for one forever. I think the RS4 might be the best bet for me, any idea's or imput would be greatly appreciated.

Well does RS4 come with any all season tires or say, can you get good snow tires in its 19 inch wheels??

I know it's quattro and all, but if you can't get proper tires for it, it won't be any better than your M. Kind of surprised that you just can't take a demo for the winter.

Well does RS4 come with any all season tires or say, can you get good snow tires in its 19 inch wheels??

I know it's quattro and all, but if you can't get proper tires for it, it won't be any better than your M. Kind of surprised that you just can't take a demo for the winter.

You think the M coupe isnt my demo?:biggrin:

Got snow tires? cuz I used to drive the M and with even all seasons it wasn't too hard to handle in moderate snow.

I have always loved those, but was shocked that a car that was 90k new has depreciated so significantly in such a short time. I know the high line care market is bad, but you can pick one up at a steal.

lightly used and very recent s4's and rs4's can be had for a steal now. i was actually looking into them as a possible every day car when i have the need for another every day car.

i have also found that it doesn't matter what type of car you get. as long as you have good snow tires on, you can go through anything.

so mike, you're telling me you never tried to commute in the snow in your 92 ctsc'ed? =D

Any Audi Quattro will be awesome in the snow! The RS4 has amazing performance as well. Or an A6 4.2 if you want something bigger. I've had two A6 4.2's, a 2002 and a 2005 now. It is the best winter vehicle I've ever had, and I've dealt with a lot of snow.

Better than any truck I've had. The Quattro AWD just can't be beat.

However, even with that, the summer/performance tires are garbage for anything but competition. I always get separate tire/wheel packages for winter. Cheaper than insurance and makes life way more bearable.

All you need is all season tires, especially in the NE where they salt the roads, and you'll be fine.

My S4 did fine in the crazy snow we had up here in Seattle, all I had was all season tires. Quattro is amazing...there's no doubt about it.

I'm sure audizine or audiworld could better answer your question.

I have a S4 and have driven allot of RS4s as I’m currently looking for a good deal on one myself. The key to AWD performance is to get good tires. In winter get snows, summer get good summer performance tires. You cant match the winter performance of the Audi w/snows they just go threw anything. My Audi TT sucked in the snow until I switched to the Winter tires then it was unstoppable. The A4 and S4 do good with new all seasons but the true winter performance is only seen with snow tires.

My job requires me to drive early in the morning before the plow trucks are even out, and I have never had an issue getting to work. I’m always passing 4 wheel drive SUV and trucks off the road. In the snow you can actually feel the AWD working. Its a blast to drive in the snow I look forward to it.

Im an impatient guy, I just bought the Yellow 07 from McGrath in Chicago.:biggrin:

Im an impatient guy, I just bought the Yellow 07 from McGrath in Chicago.:biggrin:

Wow, you waited a whole DAY for answers before you pulled the plug :rolleyes:

Congrats. They are GREAT cars. Just have the DRC checked for leaks as they are the main weakness of the car.

Wow, you waited a whole DAY for answers before you pulled the plug :rolleyes:

Congrats. They are GREAT cars. Just have the DRC checked for leaks as they are the main weakness of the car.

The car is Audi Certified, not that it means anything since the tires look bald in the pics:confused:bit I robbed it so I dont really care. Im pretty excited, I had a 05 S4 6 speed in Yellow/Black that I actually got from a Prime member and kept for quite along time.

Nice.

How much do you want to dump that M coupe for? Just out of curiosity

I'll take $35.5K for it, 07 Blk/Blk, Navi, Heated seats, every single possible option, Books/Both sets of keys and just perfect. Only 4,3xx miles. I have pics on my website, www.BridgewaterAcura.com

The car is Audi Certified, not that it means anything since the tires look bald in the pics:confused:bit I robbed it so I dont really care. Im pretty excited, I had a 05 S4 6 speed in Yellow/Black that I actually got from a Prime member and kept for quite along time.

Can you give us a range of possible sale price? :cool:

The RS4 is a WHOLE nother league than that 05 S4. Take it from a guy who knows.

The RS4 is a WHOLE nother league than that 05 S4. Take it from a guy who knows.

I know, Im excited. I was reading on some Audi forum about some guy that took one right to a drag strip and ran a 12.80-ish bone stock.

What do you think I paid for it? They were asking $47.5k:biggrin:

I know, Im excited. I was reading on some Audi forum about some guy that took one right to a drag strip and ran a 12.80-ish bone stock.

AudiWorld is the best all around, for sure.

I think $40k for a CPO model would be a good deal.

Pics please....and let me know how you like it.

I'm debating between grabbing one myself or waiting for the new S4.....

Or just getting some sort of truck.

Pics please....and let me know how you like it.

I'm debating between grabbing one myself or waiting for the new S4.....

Or just getting some sort of truck.

Ok, I sent the check this morning and am getting it shipped to my house. Im assuming I'll have it within the next couple weeks. It's at McGrath in Chicago...maybe it's still on their website. I really wanted that Blue one that they had there but it's and 08 and they wanted somewhere in the $50k's. Probably worth it but more than I wanted to go. :wink:

Ok, I sent the check this morning and am getting it shipped to my house. Im assuming I'll have it within the next couple weeks. It's at McGrath in Chicago...maybe it's still on their website. I really wanted that Blue one that they had there but it's and 08 and they wanted somewhere in the $50k's. Probably worth it but more than I wanted to go. :wink:

No, you're better off. Prices are dropping fast. I've been looking since last fall and I'm just waiting for a good deal like yourself.

I love my S4...it is so comfortable...and handles nice...makes a great daily. I think the Rs4 would be basically just a better S4.....but the new S4 is attractive for the better fuel consumption. I'm just not sure I can wait!

Back