• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I have Drew's abs bleeder tool

Well, it was a good run.

My goal was to encourage the NSXCA to provide SST's to owners with only the cost of shipping. I think this thread proves it can work well enough. I did enjoy watching this thread from time to time, thank you.

It might be time to get another bleeder and do a ten year tour of the USA again!

Wishing you folks a great new year!

Although I never needed the tool, one day I was hoping at least to see the infamous device that touched so many lives in the NSX community.

It should have been given a name.

Although I never needed the tool, one day I was hoping at least to see the infamous device that touched so many lives in the NSX community.

It should have been given a name.

Don't I recall you being in my neck of the woods? If so, drop me a line. I don't have Drews tool, but I do have another one just like it. If you are local and want to borrow (and return!) it, hit me up. Same goes for service manuals, valve adjustment tools or anything else kicking around the garage.

Just rebuilt my modulator and made my own tool this weekend, worked alright. Came across this thread, what a great idea. Glad to see it got so far, too bad one inconsiderate person ruined it.

Just rebuilt my modulator and made my own tool this weekend, worked alright. Came across this thread, what a great idea. Glad to see it got so far, too bad one inconsiderate person ruined it.

How did you make yours? Pictures and material list?

There was a guy selling custom made versions of the tool for $60 or so on a Facebook a yearish ago. I bought one, if anybody wants to do it the Autozone way where you buy it from me then return it when you're done we could do that. Since somebody stole the first one I'm not willing to risk it this time.

Last edited:
There was a guy selling custom made versions of the tool for $60 or so on a Facebook a yearish ago. I bought one, if anybody wants to do it the Autozone way where you buy it from me then return it when you're done we could do that. Since somebody stole the first one I'm not willing to risk it this time.
How was it made? Wondering if i could make one. If not, id be willing to put up a deposit to use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes I am interested......

Hello,

Yes I would be interested in the tool. Was it simple to use? Please put me on the list. I am willing to wait my turn as I am doing all the hoses, timing belt, water pump, belts, sparkplugs, thermostat, coolant, brake fluid flush, oil change, master relay, ignition switch, etc. Let me know the details via pm......

How did you make yours? Pictures and material list?

I used a 3/8" adapter for a set of allen bits, it's hollow throughout, so I ran a standard brake bleed hose through it onto the nipple. I then used a pair of vice grips to very slowly crack it open. This was definitely not the best tool, but it's all I had in my set of tools.

The bleeder is a 9mm (or 5/16", not sure) square head. The 3/8" drive had a decent amount of wobble and I wouldn't recommend this if you have the opportunity to get the exact right size. If I were to make one of these for at home use, I would get the following:

Socket:
https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-310EPC-8-Inch-16-Inch-Female/dp/B0076HIFK2

Brake Bleed hose
Vice Grips

Back