How bout them Lakers?

Will they ever win in Portland???

this is the best i've seen the lakers play all season esp. trevor ariza and shannon brown. :eek:

if lakers can play better 2nite compared to game 1, there is a possible of sweeping utah with ease. i believe they got so bored on 2nd half, they let utah to come back and make the game more exciting. hahha!!

LAKERS 2NITE BY 15 !!!:wink:

Freakin Deron Williams... we could have had free tacos. Had to get the 100th point didn't u punk!

I think Andrew is too rusty, and Fisher is looking old. At least for this series, they should play Brown more...

they should definitely play brown more and i think as the playoffs go on for bynum he'll get better, we hope!

I think Andrew is too rusty, and Fisher is looking old. At least for this series, they should play Brown more...

Think Fish logged too many minutes throughout the season..finally catching up to him. They do need Brown's athleticism/speed/youth to keep up w/ D. Williams. Lakers do like to test our heart conditions don't they?

Jeff

i predict lakers vs cavs in finals...but it will be hard for lakers to overcome cav's homecourt advantage

i don't know about that, they did hand the cav's one of the two home losses the entire season. The other came by Philly, but by one point (fluke).

I don't know... Heard from the morning sports radio about 'drew and Rhiana? Apparentely they went out Friday night... It is kinda funny they were calling her "Yoko Ana"...:biggrin:

Btw, I kinda feel bad for Yoko Ono, what did her ever do to deserve that "the worst woman in the world" designation... If John doesn't like her, we wouldn't even be talking about her...

game 2 was even worse for the lakers. thy blew a 20 point lead again and utah came really close.......to within 2 points! that's their weakness and will always happen until they do something about it. it's been their habit, as a matter of fact. these 2 games are very critical. utah fans are very hostile and lakers will lose at least 1 game there. i am scared to watch 2nite..!!!

I feel the same way. The lakes of last year seemed to be a little more mentally tough than even this years team. However, the Jazz are a very good team and can beat anybody on any given night so the Lakes deserve some credit for pulling that game out.

Portland will be biggest obstacle to the West div. If the Lakes can dominate that series than that portends a good series against Cleveland.

why am i not friggin' surprised? lakers blow an 8 point lead into the 4th quarter and didn't play defense or even make free throws...what a game...what a loss!

They played awful and only lost by 2. I'm fairly confident that it'll be a 4 game series.

IMHO, Kobe hasn't had a great year. It's the first year where I've seen him become mostly a jump shooter. It's like he can't turn the corner and get past defenders which obviously limits the teams offensive options.

They played awful and only lost by 2. I'm fairly confident that it'll be a 4 game series.

IMHO, Kobe hasn't had a great year. It's the first year where I've seen him become mostly a jump shooter. It's like he can't turn the corner and get past defenders which obviously limits the teams offensive options.

I agree...they played terrible and still almost won the game. That's ok. That means I will be at game 5...hoo hoo!! Kobe is doubled up most of the time when he penetrates or the big men collapse in the paint so it's difficult for him to get past defenders. The Lakers "shooters" this year haven't been consistent (Fish has been off, Vujacic hasn't logged many minutes & is not in the game when Kobe is in, Ariza's shot improved but not a true "shooter") so the defense can guard the paint more. If Morrison comes out of his shell next year with his jump shot & Vujacic practices his jump, we got something.

Jeff

Now this is the aggressive Kobe I'm used to. I hope he doesn't tire himself out for the 4th quarter and that the rest of the team doesn't stand around and watch.

C'MON LAKERS!

Last edited:
Yeah, they're doing extremely well today. Holding off Boozer and Williams to 2 points in the second half so far.

Lakers did a good job on defense and kept the lead. Very serious game last night was and if they keep it up..it's another championship! Take the series tomorrow and REST is what i would think.

Back