• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How 'bout that stock market?

AAPL is causing me a little concern too being I am down 15.3k on that position alone.

Only way I'm buying AAPL is if it consolidates in that 120-130 range. The last time I bought AAPL was when a limit order for 119.99 hit back in early march, I sold it in the mid 140's when it started trending down for a second.

REW's chart is a little odd today.

Only way I'm buying AAPL is if it consolidates in that 120-130 range. The last time I bought AAPL was when a limit order for 119.99 hit back in early march, I sold it in the mid 140's when it started trending down for a second.

REW's chart is a little odd today.

2x the volume too. What's up with the end of the day????

2x the volume too. What's up with the end of the day????

Exactly. I have no idea. The SSG looks normal too, I don't know what the deal is with it but I'd be pretty pissed. The QID used to do get out of whack sometimes, the market would turn red sharply in the last few minutes of the day and the QID would still be down.

Something is holding the market up. Let a few more banks post earnings and we'll see soon enough.

Up +11 in the Nasdaq 100... Up +1.5 in the S&P 500... Net +345/per. Good day so far... i'm shooting for 500/per by the close. Cheers!

Nice job, I just trade price action now. Soon you will have that 500k broker account at DBFX and have even tigher spreads or 0 spread if you want ;)

Nice job, I just trade price action now. Soon you will have that 500k broker account at DBFX and have even tigher spreads or 0 spread if you want ;)

Thanks man... I too just trade pure price action these days. No MA's, indicators, nothing... Just price action and Fibonacci. I get more trades, higher win rates, and better risk:reward ratios. I was making things way too complicated before.

Just added another 75/per to the tally :) Not bad for 41 seconds of work. lol.

What are you guys doing with these mortgage backed trades.
102.gif
34.gif
blah, blah, blah. Still waiting for an explanation on that one...

Give me some volatility. I'm getting tiny scalps but nothing worth my time. Got a little APA, those have been running hard lately.

Give me some volatility. I'm getting tiny scalps but nothing worth my time. Got a little APA, those have been running hard lately.

Agreed. Where are the dow 300 point intra day swings?

Thanks man... I too just trade pure price action these days. No MA's, indicators, nothing... Just price action and Fibonacci. I get more trades, higher win rates, and better risk:reward ratios. I was making things way too complicated before.

Just added another 75/per to the tally :) Not bad for 41 seconds of work. lol.

Good stuff, once you get it down you can trade less if you want too. That was always my goal, trade short term make cash then loger and longer. 2-3 years I want to take maybe 10-15 trades a year.

Agreed. Where are the dow 300 point intra day swings?

lol, don't be like those people who did well in 1997 -2000 then blew up ;) when it ranges put up some BB 18/2 and when price closes outside the band CT trade it, use macd or RSI to show the divergences. 70% of the time the market does not trend.

How do you guys feel about the rails? I had a little CSX but sold it a little while ago, it had great #'s and guidance today. I'm thinking of getting some norfolk it hasn't moved in a while.

Wow... just turned on the platform again... futures GAPed up huge... It looks like its off INTC, because afterhours that thing has gone balistic.

I just haven't seen an actual gap in the futures data like that before off earnings... it really doesn't happen that often (or at all) on an all sessions chart.

So you guys looking to play INTC tomorrow? Should be volatile enough for you I would think?

So you guys looking to play INTC tomorrow? Should be volatile enough for you I would think?

I'd never dream of actively trading a stock that doesn't have normal intraday swings of at least 5 bucks.

lol, don't be like those people who did well in 1997 -2000 then blew up ;) when it ranges put up some BB 18/2 and when price closes outside the band CT trade it, use macd or RSI to show the divergences. 70% of the time the market does not trend.

Thanks for the advice. If I remember correctly, i'm the only one posting my actual trade logs.

I'm expecting some heavy volatility [not necessarily only to the downside which is what it usually means] as Wells Fargo and JP Morgan announce which will lead up to MER on thursday, the one that will define where the market goes for a while. They are already expecting to lose more than 2 dollars a share, I don't know how much more negative you can really get. C is expecting a gain of 59 cents, which is fairly optimistic IMO. If WFC and JPM give us any momentum and MER follows that, you'll get your 300 point day. The question is which way :) If WFC and JPM go up, MER goes down, we will probably end the week relatively flat assuming IBM etc. doesn't have a blow out quarter. The banks will rise and the brokers will get hit, especially LEH and other weaker ones. I'm long GS but have some SKF as a hedge so I don't care either way.

Regarding INTC, .27 expected vs .29 doesn't get me overly excited. I think it'll consolidate lower.

I was watching WM afterhours and saw it up 6 or 7% on what I thought was at best decent numbers, the stock is up less than a quarter % now. I don't think that'll happen to INTC but I'm not confident you'll see it up any higher than it already is for a while.

Back