How 'bout that stock market?

Not really but with Forex it's more of market motion, Macd is my biggie and what I trade off of most. To be honest, a good trader can trade any system and make money.

Markets are closed today. Its gonna be a loooooooooooong day.

Markets are closed today. Its gonna be a loooooooooooong day.

Yep, I got one of the guys coming over to paint the office in preperation for the new trading pc. We are going to have a blast hanging out. He is a cool dude.

It is 45 degrees here today and if it weren't raining I would take the car out for a spin this morning.

I could trade... spreads are tight, but I think i'm gonna take the day off and catch up on this thing they give you in college called homework. Apparently they expect you to do that and engage in this other activity known as "reading". I'm not quite sure how I feel about either of them but I suppose if it unlocks the keys to freedom and getting a degree in three months its worth it.

How'd the research go steve? What were you looking for? If you've got any hardcore searches/screens you need done i've got access to a Bloombergs terminal at our college and i'd be happy to run them for you!

I could trade... spreads are tight, but I think i'm gonna take the day off and catch up on this thing they give you in college called homework. Apparently they expect you to do that and engage in this other activity known as "reading". I'm not quite sure how I feel about either of them but I suppose if it unlocks the keys to freedom and getting a degree in three months its worth it.

How'd the research go steve? What were you looking for? If you've got any hardcore searches/screens you need done i've got access to a Bloombergs terminal at our college and i'd be happy to run them for you!

I am researching mutual funds for my wifes assistant. My wife and I are trying to get her investing young. She is 18 and if she invests now, BAM when she is 35-40. I am driving at her everyday about saving. I was thinking of starting a account for her as a gift for all the hard work she does for me. Plus she makes a wicked good grilled cheese with a slice of tomato.

I am researching mutual funds for my wifes assistant. My wife and I are trying to get her investing young. She is 18 and if she invests now, BAM when she is 35-40. I am driving at her everyday about saving. I was thinking of starting a account for her as a gift for all the hard work she does for me. Plus she makes a wicked good grilled cheese with a slice of tomato.

I used ValueLine years ago. It had good info in it about stocks and funds and such and has been around I think 75 years.

Look at American Funds. They levy a sales charge, but they are well worth it.
CWGIX is a phenomenal fund.

VICEX is a fantastic fund as well....higher expenses than I'd want, but return justifies it.

Fidelity funds are no load with very low expense ratios. Poke around on their website.

Gotta make up for the market being closed yesterday.

First BIDU trade

bidu13.jpg

2nd Trade i averaged down on 2K more shares. 3rd I got a partial fill, but it was still good for a G.

bidu14.jpg

Started off the day with a stupid trade in the eurjpy that cost me 20 pips. Came back and get in on the true swing and i just filled my exit target for 42 pips...

Took the gbpusd short from 1.9508 and i've got my stop at b/e, take profit at 1.9473... and it looks like it might take a shot at it.

Either way... turning out to be a solid day. Worst case scenario i end up net +20 pips.

Cheers!

The smallest amount a currency pair can fluctuate. It would be like APPL moving up or down by .01

most pairs are worth between 9-10 bucks a pip trading a 1 standard lot.

Started off the day with a stupid trade in the eurjpy that cost me 20 pips. Came back and get in on the true swing and i just filled my exit target for 42 pips...

Took the gbpusd short from 1.9508 and i've got my stop at b/e, take profit at 1.9473... and it looks like it might take a shot at it.

Either way... turning out to be a solid day. Worst case scenario i end up net +20 pips.

Cheers!

Kick ass man! What time you trading and you still doing that setup I showed ya? I am guessing the 1hr?

Took a 3 minute scalp off APPL.....that right now would be worth far more.

aapl15.jpg

Another small scalp on BIDU. Trading is slowing down big time, I'm out for the day.

bidu17.jpg

To you guys that trade currency, what attracted you to it?

I like stocks because they are familiar to me, and I'm good with them. However, I'm always open to learn new things. Looks like you guys enjoy it too.

Steve, I can't get over that picture...that truly is priceless. You look exactly how I would imagine you to look, hahaha.

I like stocks because they are familiar to me, and I'm good with them. However, I'm always open to learn new things. Looks like you guys enjoy it too.

Steve, I can't get over that picture...that truly is priceless. You look exactly how I would imagine you to look, hahaha.

I did everything man, started with stocks, then options, then futures, selling covered calls, then ended up at Forex. For me it's the tax advantage and it moves 100+ points a day. Stocks if the CEO rapes a young boy the stock tanks, I don't have to deal with that shit in the forex. Yes I still have to watch the fed and such but that's it.

Kick ass man! What time you trading and you still doing that setup I showed ya? I am guessing the 1hr?

Not trading the MACD currently (But i still read your FF thread almost daily!). I'm having really good success with fib pullbacks so i'm keeping with them for now. My equity curve hit another all time high today so I don't want to change something thats working for me! ;)

I'm actually trading tick charts rather than time charts. They show the swing much more clear imho... time charts are great for showing consolidation however.

I too use to trade stocks, then futures, but I like forex because of the increased amount of leverage you can use, i don't have to do anymore screens or research because I can just trade the same stuff everyday, the markets aren't as "moody" as the s&p and dow and I don't have to worry about some piece of bad news tanking the stock. (And I have mr. Ryan on here to thank for helping me out and introducing me to them! Otherwise i'd be a busted broke trader right now!)

With forex, yea a surprise rate cut is a possibility, but more often than not they are extremely safe markets and all the big news events are laid out in advance so you can get out ahead of news easily. And the price action is very smooth and methodical.

Plus, if you want to go play big size (and you guys do) you've got a market that does 9.5 trillion a day... you can fill almost anything you want without slippage both ways at anytime of the day. With stocks you do have limits to your sizing, and even trading the russell 2k futures contracts, you can only fill about 5 contracts before you start to slip badly.

Its the ultimate market imho!

Back