Honda NSX prototype runs the ‘ring in 7:37

So if this car is NOT called an NSX, will it still be discussed here with such interest or will the board ignore this car the same way it basically ignores the S2000.

Something tells me not.

I think that everyone will deny this car it's name, but regardless of what it's called, people will look at this car is the successor to the previous NSX, just like the 360 was the successor to the 355.

So if this car is NOT called an NSX, will it still be discussed here with such interest or will the board ignore this car the same way it basically ignores the S2000.

Something tells me not.

I think that everyone will deny this car it's name, but regardless of what it's called, people will look at this car is the successor to the previous NSX, just like the 360 was the successor to the 355.

Not quite, this is giving us the same fits that would be ocuring at f chat if Ferrari had replaced the 360-435 lineage with the 599.

7:37 is a pretty damn good time. I am impressed. Of course, if the GTR is still nearly 10 seconds faster and only costs $75K, Honda has its work cut out for it.

10 seconds faster with higher than production boost and R compounds. That legendary GTR time has been discreditted to an extent.

10 seconds faster with higher than production boost and R compounds. That legendary GTR time has been discreditted to an extent.

Um, didn't one of the japanese drifters test it for Best Motoring and actually did the same or slightly better...STOCK?

They even redid the run because previously it had rain i heard earlier that day.

Um, didn't one of the japanese drifters test it for Best Motoring and actually did the same or slightly better...STOCK?

They even redid the run because previously it had rain i heard earlier that day.

Possibly, I don't know. I started reallly liking the GTR even though I always found it ugly ugly ugly. But it's performance was outstanding. The famous lap time though was observed by an auto journalist and he commented on the R compounds and boost. Once I read it, I thought about Nring times as a performance measure, and they don't really matter. Different drivers, different levels of traffic, different environmental conditions etc. We can't compare one lap to another really. Of course I wasn't there myself to see the GTR go around, but it made me wonder. I remember GM's & Ford's horsepower claims varrying widely and them even getting sued because their press vehicles were tuned for power and their production cars were 10% to 25% shy on power in some models.

Cheesy, but the Stig's lap times are more meaningful measure of a car's track ability than what driver A did with a GTR compared to driver B with another car.

Who cares how fast it is around the ring. How does it make you feel? How much fun is it to drive? Is it super sexy in your driveway, or just a fast car that needs a wash?

I actually wonder how much of these people who comment on the car are actually the target group Honda is hoping to get. I know a lot of people here were completely bashing the camo car because it was Front engine car with SH-AWD. Now that it has a good lap time, people are starting to say that they like it and might consider purchasing it... I get a feeling a lot of people here wouldn't even buy a new NA-2 NSX if they still were being made (ie. used NSX market folks like myself). I wonder what the target group will think of the car vs the NSX enthusiast crowd.

I'll have to say the performance is impressive but I yet can't say if I like the car without getting a clear look at the vehicle. Might be beautiful or might be a fugly car but I doubt Honda cares about my opinion lol.

I actually wonder how much of these people who comment on the car are actually the target group Honda is hoping to get. I know a lot of people here were completely bashing the camo car because it was Front engine car with SH-AWD. Now that it has a good lap time, people are starting to say that they like it and might consider purchasing it... I get a feeling a lot of people here wouldn't even buy a new NA-2 NSX if they still were being made (ie. used NSX market folks like myself). I wonder what the target group will think of the car vs the NSX enthusiast crowd.

I'll have to say the performance is impressive but I yet can't say if I like the car without getting a clear look at the vehicle. Might be beautiful or might be a fugly car but I doubt Honda cares about my opinion lol.

The biggest gripe most people have with this new supercar is Honda not making a MR car, but still calling it an NSX. We don't care if this new supercar is FR SH-AWD, maybe Honda can even call it a top of the line RL, just don't call it NSX. Another thing we didn't like was that FUGLY concept , ASCC. This new concept does have better looks/lines than the ASCC from what I can tell, even with the camo.

The biggest gripe most people have with this new supercar is Honda not making a MR car, but still calling it an NSX.

This isn't true though - they AREN'T calling it the NSX. Journalists and other speculators are, but the company isn't... so why hasn't this point been dropped yet?

This isn't true though - they AREN'T calling it the NSX. Journalists and other speculators are, but the company isn't... so why hasn't this point been dropped yet?

Journalist and the media are calling it NSX. Consumers/people then in turn are calling it NSX. It bothers me and others from what I see.

I love the current NSX body style, always have, always will.

But...Honda was smart in targeting this market of Front Engined cars because that's what sells. Maserati - check, Ferrari - check, Nissan GTR - check, Jaguar XKR -check you get the idea...

I tell you if Honda can pull off this "NSX" then it will definately target more than just ourselves as enthusiasts it will reach an whole other portion of the population who wouldn't normally buy an exotic or "mid-engined, low slung" sportscar. Honda's looking for sales numbers and making this upscale front engined "NSX" is key to achieving great sales numbers.

I welcome this car and I'm hoping/praying it kills the GTR (fugly monster truck).

Journalist and the media are calling it NSX. Consumers/people then in turn are calling it NSX. It bothers me and others from what I see.

I don't think they are labeling it as "the next NSX" they are labeling it as "the NSX sucessor".. Well that is what my understanding of it all is. but it is true alot of people are already calling it the NSX.

I love the current NSX body style, always have, always will.

But...Honda was smart in targeting this market of Front Engined cars because that's what sells. Maserati - check, Ferrari - check, Nissan GTR - check, Jaguar XKR -check you get the idea...

I tell you if Honda can pull off this "NSX" then it will definately target more than just ourselves as enthusiasts it will reach an whole other portion of the population who wouldn't normally buy an exotic or "mid-engined, low slung" sportscar. Honda's looking for sales numbers and making this upscale front engined "NSX" is key to achieving great sales numbers.

I welcome this car and I'm hoping/praying it kills the GTR (fugly monster truck).

It's exactly like what I was saying... Honda knows the NSX target group is tiny and not really profitable... (which I'm assuming they at least want to sell there cars. They start to make them and then a couple of years down they slow down production because demand is so low.... cough *NSX* cough) now the GT target group is much larger and imo more profitable.

I'm in the same boat as you... as much as I love the looks and feeling of the NSX....I wish honda the best of luck with this GT car so that maybe 10 years down the road they can design a great MR sports car instead of just giving up in the sport car market for some time.

How bout 3 mins of additional footage fellas

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0OTEZDAb9c&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0OTEZDAb9c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blah when we talk about times they could only put that V10 into NSX-R and it would go 7:30 :)

Seriously. I'm hoping that once this next gen whatever its called comes out, that someone rips out that v10 and stuffs it into an NSX :D

This is going to be a nice car. We know Honda has the potential to come out with astronomical power at this stage in their development (eg Honda S2000 120 HP / liter and 100+ on the RSX) all day long and 500+ HP sounds very moderate.

It's going to come down to weight. If it weights less than the GT-R V-spec
and/or in the 3200,3300, MAYBE 34000 lbs, it will be a rocket.

-Paul

This is going to be a nice car. We know Honda has the potential to come out with astronomical power at this stage in their development (eg Honda S2000 120 HP / liter and 100+ on the RSX) all day long and 500+ HP sounds very moderate.

It's going to come down to weight. If it weights less than the GT-R V-spec
and/or in the 3200,3300, MAYBE 34000 lbs, it will be a rocket.

-Paul

Shhhhhh! Paul this car is going to be terrible and nothing you purists would want. It's front engined and SHAWD just terrible. Better to let them just sit there on the lot and show Honda your not to be trifled with:wink:

Back