Honda NSX prototype runs the ‘ring in 7:37

They will be lucky to sell 600 of these thru it's entire life, just like the Lexus that won't sell either. What are they thinking going front engine? Er, they aren't thinking. The HSC concept would have sold more. Or even a Tesla copy would have been better.

Jalopnik

CLICK THE LINK ABOVE THERE IS VIDEO!

I can't watch on my work PC aas I do not have the latest version of Flash- but from what others have said on Jalop- it sounds mean as hell, and is quite composed through the corners.

P

Most would agree that if they were looking in a different market for a car etc and out of all cars of greatness, the aston martin vanquish/DB9RS etc come to mind. One of the most beautiful nice cars on the road to date. So if you could get a car that looks simliar but is more bang for the $$$$ i think most would go for it.

*ALSO NOTE: The GT-R in similiar conditions with traffic was clocked by the photographers at 7:38 while this car pictured is around 7:37. And now everyone knows how fast the GT-R actually is. So there is hope Acura has nailed it.

On the photoshop renderings the bodyline is in the incorrect area. There is a half moon curve above the flaired front fender that the swoops slightly angled upward into a hard line on the rear quarter. So basically a bodyline running from the very front to the very back uninterrupted.

Attention

FOR THOSE WITHOUT VIDEO OR SOUND ON THAT VIDEO(Cliff notes)

In the quick video from jalopnik the thing is moving. However it looks like it understeers and "skids" sideways on the one corner before downshifting twice for the next corner and by the way........

IS SOUNDS F-ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Attention

FOR THOSE WITHOUT VIDEO OR SOUND ON THAT VIDEO(Cliff notes)

In the quick video from jalopnik the thing is moving. However it looks like it understeers and "skids" sideways on the one corner before downshifting twice for the next corner and by the way........

IS SOUNDS F-ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it DOES sound absolutely awesome! :)

i wouldn't worry about the understeering you saw there... any car will understeer with the right/wrong driver inputs :)

Well, it might be next next generation Honda Supercar. Not nsx or next gen. S2k.

So, to me it seems to be nice and fast enough also.
Intresting to see what is coming out someday.

Funny, I read more positive comments now that it put up a decent number.

So it's time to react.

This car is fugly no matter how fast it is. Honda is stupid to abandon the MR route but fortunately some crazy people will find a way to use this V10 in our NSX !!!

I repeat Honda is stupid and my money will certainly go to other manufacturers ...

It would be stupid to stop making a 911, a Corvette, a F430 ...

Stupid Honda ...

"Honda's Godzilla-hunting 2010 Acura NSX replacement ripping up the track, and the scream coming from the tailpipes sounds fantastic. We expect the sonorous mill is a 5.5-liter i-VTEC V10 that should make about 550 HP and 420 lb-ft of torque, but you should check out the video after the jump to judge for yourself."

With this set up one would think it should be putting up better times....I dont really care for the the looks though....

I still dont know. I like the profile, just wish it didnt sit so high. But if it is REALLY that much dough, I would likely choose the R8 TDI instead for the low slung sexy platform allowed by a mid engine over this M6/PTurbo like machine.

Time will tell.

I still dont know. I like the profile, just wish it didnt sit so high. But if it is REALLY that much dough, I would likely choose the R8 TDI instead for the low slung sexy platform allowed by a mid engine over this M6/PTurbo like machine.

Time will tell.

If the R8 ever drops in value, I'm all over it. I'd pay $70,000 for one of those sexy beasts in a heartbeat. $128,000 plus taxes is a little steep.

Hopefully its just the pics but it does look kinda fat and sits way too high. Even though Astons are front engined GTs...they are low and wide and still have that presence about them. Hopefully that ASC gives the same feel when u look at it.

VTEC.net did the calculation and estimate this big mama to be 51" tall compared to 46.1" on the NSX.

Camoflauge doesn't cover the shape. And the shape drives vehicle proportions. When the proportions are off, the whole car is ugly regardless of surface features, which are currently hidden by the camoflauge.

The shape isn't bad, it just no where near as exotic or gorgeous as the NSX or HSC for that matter.

If Honda incorporates the "Shield" grill like it is with all of the other Acura cars, let's hope it is much prettier than my friends rendition. :smile: I don't like the way it looks on the new TSX or the RL.

NSX_Prototype2.JPG

7:37. That's pertty damn fast. I if they're using the infamous flying start like the R35 or standing start.

If standing start, this car is fast, and probably be faster by the time it reaches production.

If Honda incorporates the "Shield" grill like it is with all of the other Acura cars, let's hope it is much prettier than my friends rendition. :smile: I don't like the way it looks on the new TSX or the RL.

NSX_Prototype2.JPG

+1

I've grown a passion of hate for that damn grill. I did see the blue TSX with the upgraded rims in the showroom which looked real good because that grill didn't stand out so much with that color. I still absolutely hate that grill!!

7:37. That's pertty damn fast. I if they're using the infamous flying start like the R35 or standing start.

If standing start, this car is fast, and probably be faster by the time it reaches production.

I've seen the pagani zonda run here....http://youtube.com/watch?v=APbrjvadVA0 , NSX-R run http://youtube.com/watch?v=DdGoFhs1pf4 and a porsche run somewhere online where they test it with a flying start. From what I have seen online most say that it is standard to do the flying start. If you look at where the pagani,GT-R, and NSX-R ends you will see that the NSX-R Gan San run was a complete run.

But I agree Vance, going 7:37 already isn't bad at all. I hope it can get faster... hopefully south of 7:29 and I know the GT-R Vspec will be faster but if Honda comes out with a "NSX replacement" type-R if should 1 up the Nissan :smile:

Hopefully its just the pics but it does look kinda fat and sits way too high. Even though Astons are front engined GTs...they are low and wide and still have that presence about them. Hopefully that ASC gives the same feel when u look at it.

This is not the ASC or ASCC.

slower than GT-R and LA-F :rolleyes:
The NSX mule ran a 7:37 on its first or second day at the track, whereas both of those have been circling the Ring for many, MANY months. The GT-R didn't even officially run better than 7:38 until after the production model was released, in ideal conditions.

So then what is it?? It damn sure aint an NSX.

I have no idea, but I do know that it's not the ASC or ASCC. Nobody knows but Honda. so lets not call it ASC, ASCC, NSX, CRX, or any other letter combination because we just don't know what it is called. Lets just call it a Honda prototype or concept.

Seeing as how it's going to be released as an Acura globally, calling it the new Acura Supercar should be fine. If people need an acronym NAS seems good enough :wink:

Back