HELLA rub .. something wrong with my 20's

If this is a serious post, first off, sorry about your outcome. It seems that you were not given enough good advice and too much bad advice during this process.

IMO, he got plenty of good advice here.

With this post especially:
Yup. 19" fronts are too big for the NSX; there's no appropriate size that works well. And those wheels are too wide for the smallest 19" size.

I recommend 17" fronts (215/40-17) and 18" rears (265/35-18) for great performance and good availability of the best tires.

Wow, this has got to be joke. Words cannot describe how I feel about this =(

Sorry to hear about the mistake, that sucks. As for the wheels I have 19" front 20" rear (19x8 20x10) , and yes the front rubs on the inside firewall, and the turn radius is not 100% no more, other than that its all good.Its even lowered with tien coilovers,Yes they are heavier but I have much HP to spare to push them looseing 5hp is nothing for a FI engine.
20" on the rear looks awesome in my opinion, the 19" in front are a little troublesome.But for those that post thay will not fit are wrong.I do have the front well liners out too, but the tires are on the car and look just fine.I think your problem from the looks of the pics are the front is maybe 20" too and 10" wide. U should only run a 7" or 8" wide front rim, 10" will not work as u can see.
I would explain to where u bought them from that u need staggered 19/20 and try to fix the front if u really want the larger rims.Rears are fine.Looks like to me u have 2 sets of rears, maybe someone else will buy them off you for a rear setup and u can both order new fronts.But the diameter on the front hub is larger than the rear, so you would have to see what u have if thay can even be used as 2 rear sets.
I think 18/19 is the largest you can go without extra hurdles to cross.19/20 are more for show than driveability/handling.
Good luck.

Maximumyield

Seriously, what are those really going on? Sweet rims. Hmmm...too early for April Fools.

Honestly speaking, I don't know who he can sell those wheels to.

They're Work Meisters, awesome wheel.
Did he order all 4 in 20"? I honestly can't think of any forum/car he can sell those to.
Supras, FD RX7s, 350s, etc can fit 20" in the rear (Some with fender rolling/pulling) but I can't think of any non-sedan car that would/can fit 20" in the front.

Going by what otoro said in his first post, I'm assuming they were custom made sizes, so I don't think he can return them.

The only other cars I can think of that may fit is a Lexus GS or LS. Other then that you'll SOL!

20s will fit a lot of other cars - altima,maxima ,350,g35,sc,gs,MUSTANG,lincoln ls, - just to name a few -
please post the width/offset so maybe we can help you sell them, - HELLA DUMB - BUT - WE'RE GONNA TRY TO HELP YOU , RIGHT GUYS?

I believe this is a goof on us.I say that because in the first pic the car is still jacked and I'm sure the other side of the car has normal sized wheels on.I would think if these were really wheels for that car and he was really buggin he would have mounted all 4:redface: then taken pics.The offset is so low for those fronts,can't be for the nsx.I hope I'm right.

"20s will fit a lot of other cars "

Also, stage coach's, chuck wagons, hay wagons, fruit carts,
Georgia buggies, etc.......
I am not falling for it. This has got to be a joke.
Lets see the exhaust........

Ricer.jpg
[/IMG]
stallowned.jpg

gay_thread.jpg
[/IMG]

wow....if you can find a 20 x 8, it still would rub..those look like 20x9 at least... 19x8 scrubs on wide turns.....return the 20 and get a 19 if you must...thats your only...hope....if this is not a joke....

you can always go 19/18 and lower it....if u must...

Did he order all 4 in 20"? I honestly can't think of any forum/car he can sell those to.
Supras, FD RX7s, 350s, etc can fit 20" in the rear (Some with fender rolling/pulling) but I can't think of any non-sedan car that would/can fit 20" in the front.

Going by what otoro said in his first post, I'm assuming they were custom made sizes, so I don't think he can return them.

off topic...g 35 can....see it all day

haha
lil early for April FOOLS!!! :tongue:

:biggrin: haha what a tough crowd..

My buddy took these off his G35. He was kind enough to let me try them, suprisingly the rears fit rather flush . Will post more pics later..

Sorry I let u down Steve, I'll bring it on Thursday and you bring the bat?:biggrin:

I've got 20s up front on the sup-

l_086fcbc373bd5d1ed7ae6478a510ebb9.jpg

I'm really glad to see this was a joke. Shoulda waited till 4/1 though.

:biggrin: haha what a tough crowd..

My buddy took these off his G35. He was kind enough to let me try them, suprisingly the rears fit rather flush . Will post more pics later..

Sorry I let u down Steve, I'll bring it on Thursday and you bring the bat?:biggrin:

Got me :redface: :wink:

Nice one. Crazy enough for people to doubt but subtle enough for most to believe. :biggrin:

Usually I catch things like this at "HELLA rub" :-)

Graham,

I get a lot of enjoyment out of reading your posts and I believe you’re an intelligent guy, but I'm going to have to call you on this one.

Jerry is a good friend of mine and I feel bad that he made this mistake. Since nobody is perfect, I felt that since he posted looking for help, I would help him in any way that I could. I would never consider being sarcastic about this... but then I see him at meets all the time and I know him personally... perhaps you don't. That's probably what makes you comfortable in being sarcastic about his. But then again, I could be wrong... you might feel comfortable being sarcastic to people you see on a regular basis.

I don't believe I have ever crossed paths with you, but if you ever needed help after making a mistake, I would gladly help you as well.

Can you be my friend too? :biggrin:

Boy, you are a loyal cat! I hope if I ever did anything that dumb my friend would slap me in the head. I give anyone here permission to do just that. :tongue:

If you take a baseball bat, and stick it between the tire and fender, move the car slowly forward, you can gently widen the fenders to clear the tires. You can also use a strong fence post for this. Just go real slow...

If you are having a problem with the fender liners, they are easy to remove and the car will be fine. You just have to clean the underside more. But a trick is to spray Pam under the fenders and everything just falls off, even dirt.

sorry man, trying to be positive here but Malibu.... dude... i just busted out laughing.:biggrin: lol just did it again. your post is gold. thx :tongue:

HELLA rub .. something wrong with my 20's

... what to do? :frown:

what's wrong? Well, for one thing: you said "Hella" and then followed it up with rub.

Secondly: you put 20s on an NSX.

It looks like a monster truck...

Good luck though. My suggestion is to go with some wheels that fit.

PS

jk about the hella. I lived in norcal, and it still bothers me when people use that as an adjective.

sorry man, trying to be positive here but Malibu.... dude... i just busted out laughing.:biggrin: lol just did it again. your post is gold. thx :tongue:

Its known as "DIY fender rolling" see it here:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDTK9IjKIYU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDTK9IjKIYU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

what's wrong? Well, for one thing: you said "Hella" and then followed it up with rub.

Actually, it was in reference to my fascination with HELLA Flush .com :tongue:

2230742610042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

2335220700042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

2389682620042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

Its comical to read all those 'not so friendly replies' vs. those that call me out by the 3rd post; And a sincere thanks for those members trying to offer help :smile:

Surprisingly, at 20x10.5 +22; the rears sit rather "HELLA Flush." A 255 rear would be perfect! At 20x9 +22 FR, you're just asking for trouble. Believe me, I've tried :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Its known as "DIY fender rolling" see it here:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDTK9IjKIYU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDTK9IjKIYU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Actually, it was in reference to my fascination with HELLA Flush .com :tongue:

2230742610042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

2335220700042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

2389682620042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

Its comical to read all those 'not so friendly replies' vs. those that call me out by the 3rd post; And a sincere thanks for those members trying to offer help :smile:

Surprisingly, at 20x10.5 +22; the rears sit rather "HELLA Flush." A 255 rear would be perfect! At 20x9 +22 FR, you're just asking for trouble. Believe me, I've tried :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah, sitting "hellaflush" looks great--it is aesthetically pleasing--but it is impractical. This is a performance car. Rubbing, losing your turn radius, losing performance due to heavy 20'' rims, etc. are all things not-NSX.

I think you are looking for a Nissan Maxima, 25'' spinners and a left arm at 12-o'clock with the right arm no where near the wheel.

:smile:

But it's your car and your choice.

PS: If you look at your wheels, you will notice that although the wheel is 20'', the centerpiece is much smaller and thus, your wheels still look small. It looks like you have 3-4'' of "dish"/"lip", so you are still only achieving a 16-17'' look. All you are doing is making your car look taller, which imo is not aesthetically pleasing. If you want a larger look, get spokes that go all the way out to the periphery of the rim. The stock 2002+ rims look larger than yours, without any of the drawbacks.

On second inspection: it looks like Work just uses the same centerpiece on all the different sizes--a small one at that. Maybe 15-16''? maybe smaller? all they do is increase the lip/dish area, which does nothing for the perspective size of the rim. Can anyone verify the centerpiece size on different sizes?

Can you be my friend too? :biggrin:

Boy, you are a loyal cat! I hope if I ever did anything that dumb my friend would slap me in the head. I give anyone here permission to do just that. :tongue:

Graham, I take back everything I said... otoro should be banned. :biggrin: :wink: j/k

"Its comical to read all those 'not so friendly replies'"

Your entire thread was intended to be comical.
How could you expect a serious reply to a non serious post?:eek:

Back