• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Group buy for custom leather seats

NetViper said:
Did anyone get their door panel leather yet?

Got mine but don't have a clue what the heck to do with it. I opened the package and found about a dozen pieces of cut leather. I just threw it in the corner since my door leather is in great shape.

Once the panels and the old leather were removed I cut the new ones to shape and glued them on to the rear edge with contact cement.
You don't want to remove the foam on the face of the panels or get glue on that part, just the rear edge where the leather wraps around.

Yes.
This leather is thicker and has a backing which makes it very difficult to achieve this effect.
If you notice on newer NSX's these panels are smooth.
I tried to get the wrinkled look but was not very successful at it.
Very difficult to get gathered in a nice pattern with glue on the piece.

Here's a pic of the newer door panel style.
Smoooth.

Last edited:
NICE!!! You just got me off the fence!
Thanks! Did you get yours perforated?

I got a medium-dark graphite color for the inserts, shift boot, and seat inserts to offset the other gray/black in the car and so far it looks pretty good.

Don

I got the red, no perforations.
Here's a old wrinkly style.

Last edited:
They sent me the wrong ones. I wanted perf like the seats. I guess I will have to call them today..

I LOVE how yours look!

To get them wrinkled, they have to be stitched with a gathering stitch before they are glued to the panel. The smooth ones do look pretty good though!

Second group buy?

I missed out on this group buy. It would be nice if we could organize a second one. If so, I'm absolutely in.

I see JJCNSX missed also. Malibu Rapper appears interested. That would make three of us. (I dunno if supra2nv is still interested after that email exchange, probably not.)

Anyone else interested?

NetViper said:
I talked to them and they don't do perf door panels. Oh well.

They do, I got 'em. I don't have then installed, but NW has them.

group buy

Aiken, I'd definitely give the folks at NW a call and ask if they can still offer you the group buy prices... They might be able to do it, they're very helpful and proactive and might very well be able and willing to offer you guys the group buy prices.

Good luck!
Don

hi,

let me know if you are doing the GB again. i am interested.

Kim told me she can not honor GB pricing, because "it will be unfair for others"

let me know if we get enough ppl again. thanx

-jjc.

well,

i offered to pay a little more than GB price. but, kim doesnt seem to willing to negotiate, she is firm on regular price.

well, she is a great gate-keeper for her company! we should respect that. ;)

-jjc.

Possibility for Infiniti-style leather this time

I just called and spoke with Kim about another group buy. I asked her about the Infiniti-style leather and she said they had not yet had time to research it, but if enough of us are interested in a second group buy and that leather was preferable, they would definitely make time to track it down for us.

So, if you lost interest due to the grain issues, you might want to consider raising your hand for this group buy.

---

Edit: Second group buy is now in its own thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35149

---

Another Edit: Please note that, despite issues later in this thread that made me angry and turned me off, I have spoken to Steven and have been made comfortable enough to rejoin the group buy.

Last edited:
Back