Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in 2007

Amazon is having a deal with the PlaySeat system where you can get it for $200.
You need to select the white color (I know the color is not my best choice) plus using their special promotion, to get another $50 off.
Basically, after checkout enter "PLAYSEAT" to get the promotion. I just bought it.
Hurry before they are back orders :biggrin:
Amazon PlaySeat deal?

Last edited:
Man that's a deal! I would jump all over that if it supported the G25 shifter. But still, a great deal nonetheless.

Man that's a deal! I would jump all over that if it supported the G25 shifter. But still, a great deal nonetheless.

it doesnt support the shifter? I thought I saw the videos of them using it in GT5? :confused:

No I meant the chair itself. The G25 unit has a seperate device for the shifter. The game on the other hand supports the G25, sorry for the confusion.

Amazon is having a deal with the PlaySeat system where you can get it for $200.
You need to select the white color (I know the color is not my best choice) plus using their special promotion, to get another $50 off.
Basically, after checkout enter "PLAYSEAT" to get the promotion. I just bought it.
Hurry before they are back orders :biggrin:
Amazon PlaySeat deal?

I was excited about the chair until I saw the 3-year driving it in the video.... then I felt really lame...:tongue:

i sure hope they get the sounds right this time
Forza 2 has the best sounds by far

alot cars in GT4 sounded watery
same with the turbo and supercharger set ups ... all sounded the same

i also hope the tuning capabilities are similar to Forza 2 as well

i sure hope they get the sounds right this time
Forza 2 has the best sounds by far

Sounds are much better in GT5: Prologue than GT4, but some aren't as good as they could be. I especially like how much the quality of sound changes depending upon view. I still don't like the skidding sound (which sounds the same as GT4).

so in the full version are we going to be able to upgrade parts and tweak the car?

The full release of GT5 will undoubtedly have tuning. Don't know if they'll go as far as Forza 2 level of customization, but I remember reading an interview with Yamauchi-san where he stated that car models are built up from individual components that allow for interchangeability...custom body kits, damaged panels are definitely possible, just have not been officially announced as features.

But it does include multi player support right? If so I'll see you folks on the virtual tracks hehe! :biggrin:

GT5: Prologue has a rotating series of online race events including configurations that support up to 16 simultaneous players. I suspect the full game will allow more user-defined events, but I suspect that it too will feature defined scheduled events as well.

Sounds are much better in GT5: Prologue than GT4, but some aren't as good as they could be. I especially like how much the quality of sound changes depending upon view. I still don't like the skidding sound (which sounds the same as GT4).

The full release of GT5 will undoubtedly have tuning. Don't know if they'll go as far as Forza 2 level of customization, but I remember reading an interview with Yamauchi-san where he stated that car models are built up from individual components that allow for interchangeability...custom body kits, damaged panels are definitely possible, just have not been officially announced as features.

GT5: Prologue has a rotating series of online race events including configurations that support up to 16 simultaneous players. I suspect the full game will allow more user-defined events, but I suspect that it too will feature defined scheduled events as well.

This is good news..... the NSX in GT5 is just plain slow. My real NSX takes off so much faster than what is in the game. The GTR is by far one of the fastest cars in the game; able to hang with some of the top of the line Ferraris! This kind of sucks that the NSX can't hang with the GTR (in the game anyways)

Secondly, the online feature is cool but most of the players will knock you off the course making u hit the wall.. and when you do, thats a 5 second penalty! If you hit the wall you've pretty much lost the race. Which is fine, its more realistic that way..... but ppl are way too aggressive causing you to spin out and what not... I think adding a damage system would prevent ppl from trying to boot their opponents. just my $.02 :biggrin:

Secondly, the online feature is cool but most of the players will knock you off the course making u hit the wall

This was my biggest gripe with Forza on Xbox Live...the penalty system has to be much harsher for an instigator to deter such actions (including a system for banning specific players). Crossing fingers that there will be tiers of events that restrict what type of players are allowed...since there are obviously a lot of people online who just don't care to race cleanly.

BTW, here is another preview of Prologue: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30396.html

I was excited about the chair until I saw the 3-year driving it in the video.... then I felt really lame...:tongue:

Thats ok, you can wear your track helmet (visor down) while playing the game so people dont recognize you in order to hide your shame. :wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

Thats ok, you can wear your track helmet (visor down) while playing the game so people dont recognize you in order to hide your shame. :wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

Wait...I thought I was the only one who did that! :p

251581443_kPuNp-L.jpg

251581123_g45n5-L.jpg

BTW, I don't recommend playing GT in a desk chair that can pivot. These are old pics (Feb, 2005)...I've long since abandoned that practice.

US official site now live

If the following is true, the U.S. version definitely has some features not found in the original Japanese version:

Customization -- Tune your car performance to shave precious seconds off your lap times. Adjust each car’s suspension and tires for improved handling, and boost performance with gear ratio and engine modifications to harness every bit of horsepower under the hood.

And I hadn't heard this before (but it makes sense):

Head Start on Gran Turismo 5 -- Get a jump on the competition. You can transfer your Gran Turismo 5 Prologue progress to Gran Turismo 5 when it releases.

The head start thing kinda makes sense because the original series did something similar that if you have the previous version game saved on a memory card you would either get some extra $$$ or only have to get a few of the licenses instead of all of them.

Logitech has announced a new $150 wheel specifically targeting Gran Turismo 5...the Driving Force GT:

Control

• 24-position realtime adjustment dial: Fine-tune brake bias, TCS, and damper settings on the fly for unprecedented control over your car's performance.
  • 900-degree wheel rotation: Go 2.5 times around lock to lock, just as you would behind the wheel of many real cars.
  • Force feedback technology: Feel every inch of the road for maximum control and the ultimate racing experience.
  • Gas and brake pedals: Get precise throttle and brake response with true-to-life pedals.
  • Sequential stick shift: Go through the gears for the ultimate in control.

Comfort

• Rubber-overmold rim: Enjoy a comfortable grip during intense races.
  • Solid, one-piece wheel construction: Drive with confidence knowing this rigid, sturdy wheel won’t squeak or flex during aggressive maneuvers.

Performance

• Custom tuned for popular games: See and feel every bit of wheel movement reflected in-game, without dead zones or lag.
  • Ultra-precise optical encoding: Experience reliable and accurate handling race after race after race.

Really, the only feature this has over the existing Driving Force Pro is what I colored red. I was hoping that it would have incorporated the stick shift and clutch from the G25...and it is a shame that it isn't wireless (right now I have to run a really long USB extension cord to the PS3 in my closet). On the bright side, it doesn't pressure me to upgrade.

I am really curious about how much those real-time adjustments will factor into online competition...this is a new feature for the Gran Turismo series (I also wonder if these will be incorporated into the U.S. release of Prologue),

The new wheel is due out this May...after Prologue is out, but well before GT5.

And for those of you keeping track of U.S. Prologue announcements, the U.S. version apparently has a sixth track (NOT found in the Japanese version).

Thanks for the info on the new wheel Akira. I was really hoping they would do a G25 type wheel for GT5 except wireless and what not. I was waiting for the new wheel but seeing as how it's nearly the same as Driving Force Pro 2, I'll either get a DFP2 or save up for a G25.

If you're looking for a wireless wheel with clutch and H-pattern shifter, check out Panatec's Porsche 911 wheel. I think I read somewhere it was compatible with PS3 but I can't confirm for sure.

Here's their link: http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=210

I was waiting for the new wheel but seeing as how it's nearly the same as Driving Force Pro 2, I'll either get a DFP2 or save up for a G25.

I'm not sure what the Driving Force Pro 2 is...but I'm perfectly happy with my Driving Force Pro and see no reason to upgrade unless a new wheel combines ALL of the features of the currently available and just announced Logitech wheels.

Of course, I'm still wondering when they are going to stick force feedback into the brake pedal.

New offiicial details of the U.S. version include split-screen head-to-head in addition to the up to 16 players over the net. 40 episodes from the BBC version of Top Gear have been confirmed to be coming to the U.S. Prologue's GT TV feature (but the test track still won't be included until the full version of GT 5 comes out).

Here's the complete list of the tracks (each course features alternate configurations):

* Suzuka Circuit
* Eiger Nordwand
* Fuji Speedway
* London City Track
* Daytona International Speedway
* High Speed Ring

Here's the entire list of the cars in the game:

* Acura NSX '91
* Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
* Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
* Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
* Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
* Art Morrison Corvette'60
* Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
* Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
* Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
* Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07
* BMW 135i Coupe '07
* BMW 135tii '08
* BMW M3 Coupe '07
* BMW Z4 '03
* Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
* Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
* Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
* Clio Renault Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
* Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
* Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
* Dodge Viper GTS
* Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
* Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
* Ferrari 512BB '76
* Ferrari 599 '06
* Ferrari F40 '92
* Ferrari F430 '06
* Ford Focus ST '06
* Ford GT '05
* Ford GT Tuned Car
* Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
* Honda Integra TYPE R '04
* Honda NSX Type R '02
* Jaguar XK Coupe '06
* Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
* Lexus IS F '07
* Lexus IS F Tuned Car
* Lotus Elise 111R '04
* Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
* Lotus Elise '96
* Lotus Elise Tuned Car
* Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
* Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
* Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
* Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) Tuned Car
* Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
* Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
* Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
* Mini Cooper-S '06
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
* Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
* Nissan GT-R '07
* Nissan GT-R Proto '05
* Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
* Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
* Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
* Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
* Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
* Peugeot 207GTI '07
* Peugeot 307cc Premium AVN '04
* RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
* Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
* Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
* Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
* Suzuki Cappuccino '95
* Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
* Suzuki Cervo SR '07
* Suzuki Swift Sport '07
* Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
* TVR Tamora '02
* TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
* Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
* Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05

Summary of differences between Japanese version and the American version:

* A whopping 30+ additional vehicles (compared to the Japanese version), including tuner cars from Amuse, Mine’s, etc.
* Another track to race on: an all-time favorite in the series - frantic and chaotic High Speed Ring!
* In Drift Mode, measure your drifting technique based on driving line, angle and speed within scoring zones on the course
* With the Quick Tune feature, adjust your vehicle’s settings including power, weight, tires and suspension
* All new set of online and offline race events and time trials to jump into, win, and unlock cars/features
* With Logitech’s new Driving Force GT racing wheel, you can adjust brake bias, traction and damper settings on-the-fly like they do in real-life with Formula One and rally cars. GT5 Prologue will support DualShock 3, too!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/06/more-details-emerge-for-gran-turismo-5-prologue/

April 17th can't come soon enough

Last edited:
Thx for the model info akira, definitely psyched for 4/17 also.
Edit - Just noticed that NA1 in the pic has the later model interior garnish (Lt Silver instead of Dk Silver)....that would be an official GT5 mistake. At first I thought it might be from the JDM custom order plan (where several finishes were avail), but it's LHD so it has to be USDM. Also, hazard switch should be Red, not Black...and the clock is busted :). No big deal at all, just funny to spot an error.

that would be an official GT5 mistake.

I noticed that too (of course, I know people who have replaced those components with JDM ones, so who is to say that this one hasn't been modified) :D

U.S. editions of GT has never been 100% accurate with how they handle NA vs JDM NSXs. Heck, in GT2, all of the JDM NSXs were offered in the Acura dealership (Type S, Type S Zero). NSX Type R was simply listed as '93 Acura NSX...but it was definitely the NSX-R spec and was the car I used to beat the Type R race event. The only NSXs in GT2's Honda dealership were the JGTC special models.

If I remember correctly, as recently as GT4, '97 Acura NSXs in GT have been single color (like the NSX-T or Zanardi Edition NSX, but the specs are clearly based on the '97 NSX coupe). And, despite offering so many configurations of NSXs, they have never had a NSX-T or a Zanardi NSX in the Acura dealership.

I'm not surprised about the subtle mistake on the sheen of the interior considering they've had much bigger mistakes in the games.

Last edited:
Dang man, you guys are way to hard core for me lol. I'd have never looked at the pics and said, hey the interior has the wrong color. :wink: :tongue: :biggrin: ... ah well see you on the virtual track 4/17 hehe :biggrin:

Thx for the model info akira, definitely psyched for 4/17 also.
Edit - Just noticed that NA1 in the pic has the later model interior garnish (Lt Silver instead of Dk Silver)....that would be an official GT5 mistake. At first I thought it might be from the JDM custom order plan (where several finishes were avail), but it's LHD so it has to be USDM. Also, hazard switch should be Red, not Black...and the clock is busted :). No big deal at all, just funny to spot an error.

Wait you can't read the clock in bright sunlight dude ;) So its not busted just hard to see as all the readouts are on the dash. :D

Also the dash looks like its suede rather than the leather dash (the pics are not bump mapped apparently) but we're just splitting hairs now.

One of my main complaints about the NSX in this game is that it is SO slow! It can't compete with anything on the track... esp. online where most of the other players have F430's, GTR's and the like. The NSX just cant keep up. :(

Thats why we have GT versions :D And S2000 turbo would wipe out floor with F430 GTR and what not :)

Btw this is first game after Test Drive 2 to feature F40, would be nice to remember good old days :)

Is this game fully compatible with the G25? I think I woudl like to get one of those for it.

Back