• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

GBL1 "Extremely Rare: NSX dealership posters"

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155102

I was one of the winners of these beautiful NSX posters. I received the package today and had a gut feeling that this wasn't going to look pretty. The shipping box as damaged. As I looked inside, I saw that the poster was NOT protected by any hard container no a solid tube. Just the delicate poster paper resting against the walls of the shipping box. End story, the poster was damaged and for the $10 shipping this seller charged me, he/she could have proactively choose a wiser shipping container. Due to their lack of diligence, I am now stuck with a very expensive sheet of scrap paper.

I have emailed the seller, lets see if he gives me a full return.

There were 2 other poster winners from this seller, were yours' damaged also?

Attachments

• DSCN0885.jpg
    DSCN0885.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0886.jpg
    DSCN0886.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN0887.jpg
    DSCN0887.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0889.jpg
    DSCN0889.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN0890.jpg
    DSCN0890.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN0893.jpg
    DSCN0893.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 195
You can fix that. I've done it before. Use an iron on a low setting and lightly wet the back of the poster or another sheet of paper. Start slow and work in a small corner and then work your way in. Use another sheet of paper as a buffer between the poster and the iron and another sheet as a buffer between the poster and the ironing board. The only thing you have to watch out for is burning the print so make sure to iron the back side of the poster and not the front. It's ruined anyway, so you've got nothing to lose. Also start with another sheet of paper as practice first. Practice a lot. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be amazed how well you will be able to restore it. Use plenty of water, as the steam is the key. Here are a few articles on how to do it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5592038_iron-wrinkled-paper.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Flatten-Crumpled-Paper

thanks for the tip. So far the sell has agreed to refund my purchase, though I really wish it didn't have to be this way. I've been looking for this exact poster of my car since day 2 of owning the actual car.

Jackson,

I totally understand you're being p.o'ed, but I was not the one who damaged the poster...that would be the fault of the USPS (God, I cannot wait for them to go out of business)...so let's not bash on me here. I'm here to do what is right.

Full refund = no problem!

I'll take this up with "Mr. Zip" at the post office (he'll be walking funny for a month when I get done tearing him a new orifice to defecate out of...)

As you can understand, I was rather upset about the damaged poster as one could tell with my post above. I spoke with a representative from GBL1 this afternoon regarding the this situation and he was extremely helpful as a seller to make thing right. Though my statement regarding the poorly packaged poster remains true(I realize the damage is not directly his fault), I may have given a wrongful and negative impression of the seller.

As a responsible seller, GBL1 is working on resolving this issue. I appreciate your understanding. Will let you guys know.

Great news. GLB1 has been responsible and very generous to locate another NSX poster. When my initial package was damaged, GLB1 quickly contacted me to find a resolution. GLB1 worked with me to develop solutions including a full return. While a return would have been acceptable, he went out of his way to get me another poster as this is an item I am quite proud of. As a seller, GLB1 did everything in his power to make it right for his customer and that, is a character I can trust and recommend in the future.

GLB1, thank you for going out of your way to make things right.

Now framed, this poster hangs beautifully in front of the NSX.:biggrin: Thanks again.

Jackson

Back