Formula Drift 2010; Streets of Long Beach

Ok guys, this is the good one, not the amatuer stuff. The date is April 10, 2010 in long beach. This should be a very good show. This is the schedule pulled from the web site. I think we should all try to meet up at 9am so we can get there around 945 and get some good seats. Anyways, here is the schedule, prices are $32 I believe:

Saturday, April 10, 2010 - Main Event
9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Box Office Open – Long Beach Arena Box Office
10:00 am – Gates Open to the Public - Venue
11:30 am – 1:00 pmMain Competition: Round of 32 – Track
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm – "Half-time" Break – Venue
2:00 pm – 2:30 pm – National Anthem / Opening Ceremonies – Track
2:30 pmMain Competition: Round of 16 to Finals – Track
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm – Trophy Ceremony and Closing – Main Paddock
5:00 pm – Box Office Close – Long Beach Arena Box Office
6:00 pm – Gates Close to Public
*SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

So who is in!!??

1. Nsxftw
2. 4u2nvmys2k (from s2ki.com)

We should hit up Eddie. I think he or his girlfriend has access to tickets

I'm definitely in the in

anyone else, come on. It will be a blast, this one will be way better than the last one.

bump2.gif

So this event is next weekend and would like to keep this thread alive. So far, I'll be ready for this event READY TO SHOW! haha...jk jk. we need to figure out parking and what time we plan to leave to go and leave from the event. I figured we can go to the event on time and then do something around the area afterwards... It's a Saturday, so LBC at night should be fun. I just hope the weather cooperates. Well anyway, I'm still in for this, who else?

Looks like Sat is supposed to be 66* and sunny which is perfect (no too hot to watch the drifting).

If main competition starts at 11:30 I think we should get there no later than 10. Because you have to figure in for the line to get into parking, then actually parking and walking to the venue.

So probably leave for the event at 9-9:15 from ?? Then watch competition until 1. After that I don't really care, not sure if it will be necessary to stick around another 3 hours to watch the same cars go or if it would just be better to go somewhere else to continue to hang out? Up to the majority of the group I guess.

Looks like Sat is supposed to be 66* and sunny which is perfect (no too hot to watch the drifting).

If main competition starts at 11:30 I think we should get there no later than 10. Because you have to figure in for the line to get into parking, then actually parking and walking to the venue.

So probably leave for the event at 9-9:15 from ?? Then watch competition until 1. After that I don't really care, not sure if it will be necessary to stick around another 3 hours to watch the same cars go or if it would just be better to go somewhere else to continue to hang out? Up to the majority of the group I guess.

Me too...too long at a drift competition would be a little too much for me, I think. I believe the majority would feel that 1pm - 2pm would be good we can even get lunch OUTSIDE of the event and have a mini meet/drive or something. Depending on what people are in the mood for, we can definitely do some fun activiites. Maybe even go karting, hehe

Me too...too long at a drift competition would be a little too much for me, I think. I believe the majority would feel that 1pm - 2pm would be good we can even get lunch OUTSIDE of the event and have a mini meet/drive or something. Depending on what people are in the mood for, we can definitely do some fun activiites. Maybe even go karting, hehe

Now we're talking!

Now we're talking!

awesome.jpg
then let's make it happen!

So gentlemen, we get to the event and then figure out the time to leave which would be no later than 2pm to get to the go karting place around 2-3pm in torrance and then go kart there till night and get KOGI food from the KOGI truck that saturday night. I believe the KOGI truck goes there saturdays. how say you gents? :rolleyes:

Let us shoot for a fun day next saturday. Plan is to go to the event and hit up the go-karts. Steve, mind if you get some info on the karting so we can be prepared for that? BTW, ATTN EVERYONE: parking is wide and spacious for us at the K1 racing place. As for the drift event, still waiting work on *NSXFTW*'s bro to give us the green light for exclusive in the track or in the event parking and/or Eddie's resource.

Let's keep this going fellas! CANNOT WAIT. WOOO WOOO!
attention-red.jpg

We should get tickets soon if we don't have a hookup though. Assigned seating is only $5 more than GA, and if we can get them in the shade that might be best...

We should get tickets soon if we don't have a hookup though. Assigned seating is only $5 more than GA, and if we can get them in the shade that might be best...

Shade is where it's all about. Not gonna want another tan! haha:eek:

Shade is where it's all about. Not gonna want another tan! haha:eek:

at least you can get tan.....us white people like myself just burn. I was thinking about bringing a giant mexican sumbrerro (i think the spelling is close). it might be big enough to get shade under for someone to my right and left lol.

at least you can get tan.....us white people like myself just burn. I was thinking about bringing a giant mexican sumbrerro (i think the spelling is close). it might be big enough to get shade under for someone to my right and left lol.

bring that seriously a SOMBRERO! or we all can get "raiden" hats and look cool looking all the same. Definitely for sure we have to wear a hat. Apparently next week is gonna be HOT HOT HOT!:cool:

Gentlemen, we have lucked out! Just as we started talks on Karting -- Groupon has once again started a K1 Karting Special (which is the place we were going to go to anyway...how lucky is that!). It is a $100 value for $42 I think so it is quite the deal.

Go to: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu464806

Sign up for an account (its quick and free I promise) then just purchase the "newest deal" for K1 Speed. Plus having a Groupon acct is just a good idea anyways. Any questions just ask, but you better get to it quickly -- only 2 days left!

Gentlemen, we have lucked out! Just as we started talks on Karting -- Groupon has once again started a K1 Karting Special (which is the place we were going to go to anyway...how lucky is that!). It is a $100 value for $42 I think so it is quite the deal.

Go to: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu464806

Sign up for an account (its quick and free I promise) then just purchase the "newest deal" for K1 Speed. Plus having a Groupon acct is just a good idea anyways. Any questions just ask, but you better get to it quickly -- only 2 days left!

Is this per person? I might have to get two (one for me and one for my pass) ;)

oh and ya, good lookin' out brotha! that's definitely a deal we all can look into and afford and make a day out of it. WOW....can't wait!!

Is this per person? I might have to get two (one for me and one for my pass) ;)

oh and ya, good lookin' out brotha! that's definitely a deal we all can look into and afford and make a day out of it. WOW....can't wait!!

Yes per person, but WELL WELL worth it! Yes, should be great fun! Make sure your friends are aware to Jason.

Back